What's new

Walking Dead - Season 7 (1 Viewer)

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I liked the episode, my only issue was the trope of the Kingdom showing up at the very last second to save Carl that was obviously coming. Although the tiger was a bit unexpected. Glad to see the situation with the Saviors coming to a head now rather than have them keep dragging it on for another season.

Well it will drag on for another season with, 'the war' next season, but I suppose they have to give our little bunch something to do, the walkers don't seem too much of a problem these days.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Just speaking for me and my wife, we watch almost every modern hour-long television show with subtitles on because of not being able to decipher dialogue. Either because of mumbling, background sound being too loud, music being too loud, or perhaps simply because they keep the dialogue track too low. We really wish there was an option, since this is the 21st century and things are suppose to be so hi-tech these days, but we really wish we could turn the volume up and have ONLY THE DIALOGUE go up and nothing else. When I top off the volume on our tv or our sound bar, the dialogue doesn't ever seem to go up, but we are DEAFENED by the music and sound effects. TWD is no more or less guilty than any other show we watch, except sitcoms.
Have a really old sound system I'm boxing up to get rid of at a yard sale. Shopping around for a wireless set-up, looking forward to not having a bunch of skinny wires running up and over the fireplace, around furniture and trying to hide them, etc. Currently relying on the TV speakers, which are usually pretty good. The only problem I've had has been with TWD.

I'll watch shows at a neighbor's house, she's got a sound bar. It's okay, but the bass and sound effects are unbelievable, makes the dialogue just fade away.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
I thought it was only me, maybe I was going deaf? Had to turn on the CC some of it was so badly spoken.

I always forget about the CC. Just the other day I realized there was a button on the remote to quickly turn these off/on. I need to remember this on those infrequent occasions when I cant make out the dialog.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I am going to call cable co. As far as I can tell the remote for hdpvr has no cc button.
I wish Dish Network had an easy way to get CC, but it's a nuisance, wandering through different menus to turn them on or off. Depending on how you do it, could be ten button pushes, and a few more to back out of the menu. Why can't they just put a button on the remote?

All kinds of buttons that are truly meaningless, why not something useful :cool:

Paul D G

Screenwriter
U-Verse uses one of the colored shape buttons to activate CC. (don't hold me to this, I've never used it, I just noticed it said so on the on screen guide and I thought 'huh!').

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Katelyn Nacon, Steven Ogg and Pollyanna McIntosh promoted to series regulars for Season 8

I'm really glad we'll be seeing more of Enid, since she's been the best young character that the show's had. And Ogg is great as Simon, though I'm less thrilled that it probably means that all out war is going to get dragged out for the entirety of season eight.

But I definitely didn't want to see McIntosh join the cast. Nothing against her personally, but the garbage pail kids subplot just isn't working for me, and having that continue indefinitely really dampens my enthusiasm for the upcoming season.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
But I definitely didn't want to see McIntosh join the cast. Nothing against her personally, but the garbage pail kids subplot just isn't working for me, and having that continue indefinitely really dampens my enthusiasm for the upcoming season.
If there's an upside, it's that joining the cast doesn't mean an actor will actually appear that much. The great Xander Berkeley was bumped up last season and he was probably in 5 or 6 of the 16 episodes.

SteveJKo

Second Unit
....But I definitely didn't want to see McIntosh join the cast. Nothing against her personally, but the garbage pail kids subplot just isn't working for me, and having that continue indefinitely really dampens my enthusiasm for the upcoming season.

I feel the same way Adam. I was hoping the garbage people would be early casualties in the war with Negan.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Well it will drag on for another season with, 'the war' next season, but I suppose they have to give our little bunch something to do, the walkers don't seem too much of a problem these days.

Actually, it won't as revealed by the show's crew.
They are going to do a mind-bending event and fast forward in much the same way Lost did. So get prepared for a BIG time jump fairly soon after the coming war just a few episodes into the season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks