What's new

Walking Dead - Season 7 (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I came out of tonight's episode wondering if Rosita and Sasha were originally supposed to be on opposite sides of that fence before Sonequa Martin-Green booked the lead role in the new "Star Trek" series.

With only two episodes left, it seems pretty clear that we're not going to get to the point of all-out war this season.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
That was kind of a sloppy episode. Have to admit with all the attention Rosita was getting I was really hoping she would meet her demise this episode. I don't get her story line at all. I get that she wants to take out Negan but seriously, what is the rush? At this point she knows all these groups are putting together a plan, why can't she wait? Sometimes the writing on this show is so lazy.

So did I catch that right, did we learn that Jesus is gay?

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
With only two episodes left, it seems pretty clear that we're not going to get to the point of all-out war this season.
Yeah, I'm thinking we'll probably get the start of something with a cliffhanger to the real climax.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
That was probably my favorite episode of this half of the season. There was some momentum to the episode since it was able to move between the Hilltop and Rosita & Sasha.

Have to admit with all the attention Rosita was getting I was really hoping she would meet her demise this episode. I don't get her story line at all. I get that she wants to take out Negan but seriously, what is the rush? At this point she knows all these groups are putting together a plan, why can't she wait?
I think Rosita is in a rush to kill Negan because she wants to get killed doing it. She's putting revenge ahead of suicide but once she gets revenge, she wants out.

Yeah. That's an element from the comic book so I didn't even realize that it hadn't already been established in the show.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed the episode, but I have to admit that while Rosita and Sasha were having their heart to heart in the abandoned building, I kept thinking that they should keep watch for Negan. (Sasha gets up and checks out the window and Negan is walking back into the building. Doh! :) )

Some pretty solid character development in this episode, which I always tend to appreciate and a lot of interactions between various characters - more than most episodes I believe. Still curious as to where the show is headed with Eugene. He certainly seems to have embraced his 'in charge' persona - but does he have a plan to foil Negan or has he drunk the kool aid?

- Walter.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Eugene's goal has always been to be safe and comfortable. Rick's group forced him to move past that a bit, but I wasn't surprised to see him embrace this comfortable situation where he has someone powerful to protect him.

I thought it was established in Jesus's first season on the show that he was gay?

Stan

Senior HTF Member
That was kind of a sloppy episode. Have to admit with all the attention Rosita was getting I was really hoping she would meet her demise this episode. I don't get her story line at all. I get that she wants to take out Negan but seriously, what is the rush? At this point she knows all these groups are putting together a plan, why can't she wait? Sometimes the writing on this show is so lazy.

Just watched the episode, but kind of on the phone, sort of paying attention to what was going on, missed the Jesus thing. Erased it, but it replays next Sunday, so I'll catch it again. Kind of a strange episode. Where did the main characters like Rick, Michonne and Carole go? Daryl was there, but not many others.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Where did the main characters like Rick, Michonne and Carole go?

This is all speculation...

I believe, but I am not certain; that the actors on TWD are paid on a 'per episode' basis. By having some characters set on the bench the production company is able to exercise some control over the costs associated with the cast. Every year there are episodes that focus on a sub-set of the characters, basically idling cast members. This can also be used to gain time in the production by simultaneously shooting with two groups of characters on two sets, with the two scenes being used in two episodes.

- Walter.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Maybe you're thinking of Aaron? I can't swear to it but based on Twitter last night, it was new or alot of people forgot. :)
Aaron was definitely introduced as gay, not quite sure where his partner went, maybe I missed an episode.

I remember Rick beat him up pretty badly, even though Aaron was trying to help, but they got along once things settled down.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Stan, did you just start watching the show? ;) At least the last two seasons have been this way where we don't see characters for even a couple of episodes.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Stan, did you just start watching the show? ;) At least the last two seasons have been this way where we don't see characters for even a couple of episodes.
No, I'm pretty current on things. I know they take big breaks where we don't see characters for weeks or months. Carole vanished for a long time. :blush:

And where the heck did Daryl's one-handed brother Merle go? Haven't seen him in a while :D:lol::D

Last edited:

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Speaking of Daryl, why was he even at the Hilltop? Wasn't he supposed to be hiding in the Kingdom?

Stan

Senior HTF Member
And didn't Rick have a wife? Pretty sure she's fighting aliens now instead of zombies. ;)
He did, Lorie ? Wish they had kept her on the show, his son Carl is a jerk and a terrible actor, rather they would have killed him off and kept Glenn.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
He did, Lorie ? Wish they had kept her on the show, his son Carl is a jerk and a terrible actor, rather they would have killed him off and kept Glenn.
The young actress who plays Enid is pretty decent, but otherwise the show hasn't had a great track record with child actors.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks