What's new

Walking Dead - Season 7 (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Tonight was an interesting experiment in making an episode like most shows make episodes, jumping around and hitting all of the various plot threads. It helped with the pacing, but everything else suffered.

Also, this is the first time in a while where we have silent, speedy zombies that go from being far off in the distance to on top of the characters in zero seconds flat.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
He was only in a few scenes but Jeffrey Dean Morgan continues to nail it.

Oceanside was created to give the survivors a place to get guns so now that it's fulfilled its purpose, I hope we never see it again.

I think I know what's going to happen with Sasha and it's pretty cool.

...jumping around and hitting all of the various plot threads. It helped with the pacing, but everything else suffered.
It's worth it to keep the pacing and momentum up in my mind. Alot of the episodes this season that have been anchored to one location have been too slow (and I like slower episodes).

Last edited:

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
At this point I'm just on autopilot watching the show. To finish what I started.
It is still ok, but I'm just so tired of the good group vs. bad group thing. I'm so sick of Eugene, he should die. Other than that I don't really care what happens.

The zombie makeup has gotten so amazingly good on this show, I think that is one of the reasons I still like to watch it. Awesome stuff.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I did find it ironic that Negan has an anti-rape policy, but yet holds a stable of women that unwillingly have sex with him.

How in the world did Gregory ever make it into that leadership role? There is no one less respected by others on the entire show than him.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Wouldn't these rotting corpses be completely falling apart by now?
Yes but I guess you could say that they're people who have died somewhat more recently. Or you could say that whatever has made the dead live again also makes them decay more slowly. It's an issue that the creator of the comic has talked about and he basically said that the book would be over if all the walkers just fall apart so go with the suspension of disbelief. :)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
One thing I've always wondered - how do they seem to have an unlimited supply of gasoline? I know they siphon a lot, but you would think by this time it should be getting very low.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Didn't some one write that gas spoils, and would be the consistency of maple syrup by now and unusable?
I have no clue if it's accurate but I remember that too. The characters in the comic book largely and maybe even exclusively use horses for transportation now. I guess it's alot easier to draw a horse than use one in making a TV show though.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Re: The last group of posts...

I still enjoy the show, but you have to suspend a lot of reality based thinking (which maybe explains Gregory :) ) to follow the show. I'm repeating myself on this topic, BTW.

I'm pretty sure that gas has a shelf life of less than a year, even with fuel stabilizers.
It seems like the laws of entropy don't apply to zombies. Undead doesn't mean an unlimited supply of energy to stay active.
Why don't carrion birds and insects consume the zombies?
Why doesn't anyone ride a bicycle, probably the most efficient form of transportation that man ever created?

I have to admit the barnacle walkers were pretty cool looking.

- Walter.

t2smith

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Toby
I think too many people apply reality based thinking to a show that features dead people walking around trying to eat living people.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I think too many people apply reality based thinking to a show that features dead people walking around trying to eat living people.
That's fair, but I guess I've always had an expectation that the "survival" side of the show should at least be somewhat realistic. I often tell people who don't watch the show that it's not really about the zombies, it's about survival.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Thank goodness for Shiva.

Well if it weren't for Eugene's "Allergy medication" all would have been lost for Rick, and crew.
Poor Sasha:(

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Yet another extended episode that felt padded. The flashbacks to just before the Season 6 finale inside the flashforwards to Sasha in the coffin quickly grew tiresome. And I think it was a mistake to retcon in Sasha having some premonition of a terrible fate befalling Abraham. It would have been much better if Sasha, knowing what she knows now, imagined herself having that conversation, and Abraham still convincing her to sacrifice herself for those she cares about. And because of all the build-up, you figure out what Sasha's going to do long before she does it, which robs it of some of its impact.

On the other hand, the Kingdom and Hilltop appearing just in the nick of time, with Shiva in tow, was a wonderful payoff. Even though this victory came at a high price, robbed them of the momentum they needed coming out of this first assault, and left Negan alive with vastly superior resources, it still felt like a positive step forward after the bleak, manipulative finale last year.

The garbage people definitely need to get taken out. It's not enough to take the fight to Negan. There also has to be a cost for desertion and betrayal. I was really hoping that the garbage people would drop their weird way of speaking once the double-cross was revealed, but no such luck and still no explanation why.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I'll admit I did enjoy the episode, but it was kind of a mess. It was weird how other than the one fighting Michonne, the garbage people just kind of disappeared once the Kingdom people showed up. And how exactly did the garbage people turn to Negan's side? I couldn't even understand what she said. Something about the boat and getting a better deal.

And what was the point of Eugene's big idea talking to Rick's group? It seemed completely pointless.

While it was nice seeing Abraham, the flashback brought the episode to a screeching halt and were completely unnecessary and poorly done.

Every week I'm puzzled as to how the editor of this show still has a job.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks