What's new

Walking Dead - Season 7 (1 Viewer)

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Damn, I missed the post credits scene. Not sure if the DVR missed it or I jumped the gun and erased it too early.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Damn, I missed the post credits scene. Not sure if the DVR missed it or I jumped the gun and erased it too early.

The post credits scene being referred to was after the mid-season finale.

I am wondering who that group is at the end. Rick gave a smile like he knew them or that he thinks he can convince them to join Rick's army.

This was the group Tara encountered in the first half of the season. Rick's smile, to me, meant that after getting turned down by the Hilltop and Kingdom colonies, and both of those groups being 'normal' people, Rick just came face to face with a large army of warriors. A group so stealth none of his group had a clue they were there. He started smiling because he just found a way to go to battle against Negan.

Nigel P

Second Unit
Real Name
Nigel
There were some men in the group, probably only a handful or so and most of them had long hair but they were definitely male.

Michael Henry

Second Unit
Real Name
J. Michael Henry
Looked like one guy was wearing a mask...

Maybe off camera the guy in the mask reveals himself as Daryl - that he has rounded up a small army?

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Ok, so that wasn't the women in the woods that Tara ran into, that was a whole new group. And we see that the guy in the mask was someone/thing named Winston. Rick's army is building.

I don't understand why those people talked that way. I can see if we were many years after the initial infection but to have a group take on that affect is really weird.

At least Ezechiel is putting it on.

Last edited:

SteveJKo

Second Unit
...I don't understand why those people talked that way. I can see if we were many years after the initial infection but to have a group take on that affect is really weird.

At least Ezechiel is putting it on.

I thought the same thing. If it's been decades since the apocalypse, well okay. But Judith is what, two years old at most? It came across like the writers were writing these people weirdly for the sake of weirdness.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I liked when the nail popped through Rick's hand as he was fighting the trash zombie.

I think Daryl not telling Carol about Negan killing Glenn and Abraham was the correct behavior for the character but as a viewer, it's sort of a time waster since it's safe to assume that she'll eventually find out when they need her for the fight against the Survivors.

And yeah, the people talking weird doesn't make much sense.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I thought the same thing. If it's been decades since the apocalypse, well okay. But Judith is what, two years old at most? It came across like the writers were writing these people weirdly for the sake of weirdness.
I kind of read it as the writers saying, "Fuck it, this is Mad Max now. I know it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but we're going full Mad Max now."

MikeTV

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven
Daryl intended to tell Carol until she said she would have fought and killed the saviors, and then there would be nothing of her left. That's why he didn't tell her.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Daryl intended to tell Carol until she said she would have fought and killed the saviors, and then there would be nothing of her left. That's why he didn't tell her.
I completely understand why he did it and it was the right and believable action for Daryl to let Carol have peace. I'm just saying that it's something that I can't help but see as a time waster because we all know that some time in the next 6 episodes, Carol will find out the truth and go to kick some ass.

Nigel P

Second Unit
Real Name
Nigel
That was exactly how I felt about it. How are we going to differentiate this group from all the other groups we have introduced in fairly rapid succession, lets just make them really weird.

I did really like the Daryl and Carol scenes.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Guess everyone was watching the Academy Awards? (Watched Walking Dead & Talking Dead first and then the Academy Awards with judicious Fast Forwards myself.)

It will be interesting to see if Eugene is changing allegiances or is going along to get along. I'm reminded of a story element in Steven King's The Stand where it is observed that Randall Flagg tended to attract the technical people because he maintained order (the trains ran on time.) Is something like that in play with Eugene? I mean after all, he is on Easy Street. :) Speaking of which, Austin Amelio's story about Easy Street being played at a bowling alley was pretty amusing.

I have lost a bit of interest in Talking Dead, but Sunday's episode with Austin Amelio and Josh McDermott (and Lil Jon) was very entertaining with some interesting anecdotes from Austin and Josh. And a science experiment!

The episode also features a few moments that give us more insight into Dwight and the course of his life. Very effectively done, I thought. Nice Dwight / Eugene episode punctuated by their final scene at the Sanctuary.

- Walter.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I thought this episode was very good. The shot of Eugene's worried look when one of the girls asked him to explain his work on the human genome project was priceless. I like that Eugene is going back to his true self-preserving/cowardly ways.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I have lost a bit of interest in Talking Dead, but Sunday's episode with Austin Amelio and Josh McDermott (and Lil Jon) was very entertaining with some interesting anecdotes from Austin and Josh. And a science experiment!
- Walter.

I gave up watching 'The Talking Dead' years ago. In hopes that one day after the series ends, there will be a super complete series released on Blu-Ray of all episodes+all Talking Dead episodes as bonus features. That is my hope anyway.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I gave up watching 'The Talking Dead' years ago. In hopes that one day after the series ends, there will be a super complete series released on Blu-Ray of all episodes+all Talking Dead episodes as bonus features. That is my hope anyway.
I gave up on 'Talking Dead' years ago because it's so unbearable. I honestly don't know how even the most die-hard Walking Dead fans can sit through that. My DVR actually still records them because I'm too lazy to remove it, and every once in a while I'll put it on after a good episode but find myself fast forwarding through 95% of it.

As for the latest episode, I enjoyed it. Was probably one of the few episodes that didn't feature any of the major characters that I liked a lot. While I still don't buy in any way that no one would have taken Negan out by now, I liked that the episode at least gave some understanding as to how someone weak can fall under his spell.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
While I still don't buy in any way that no one would have taken Negan out by now, I liked that the episode at least gave some understanding as to how someone weak can fall under his spell.

It's entirely possible that there have been attempts that have failed. Negan likes to make a show of his disciplinary actions and this would go a long way in making people think twice about trying it again. This is exactly why Eugene refused to give the wives the poison.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks