Vsx-49tx Bi-amp Question?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DanielSmi, Jul 4, 2002.

1. DanielSmi

DanielSmi Second Unit

While answering another thread I came up with a question. This for anyone that has a Pioneer Vsx-49tx. I know if I bi-amp my front speakers I'm limited to 5.1 from the receiver but is it possible to output the rear surround channels with the preouts and send them to a 2 channel amp and still have a 7.1 setup even with the fronts bi-amped? Hey Rajeek can you help me on this do you know?

Daniel Smith

2. Lyle_JP

Lyle_JP Screenwriter

I would love to know the answer to this as well. Anyone out there with a 49TX tried this yet?

-Lyle J.P.

3. RajeeK

RajeeK Second Unit

4. DanielSmi

DanielSmi Second Unit

what i was asking was if I could use the 49tx built-in bi-amp option where it uses the rear surround amps to power the B front channel outputs and buy a 2 channel amp and connect that to the rear surround preouts and have a 7.1 setup. So I would biamp front speakers using th 49tx internal amps, while also powering the center and the left and right surrounds with internal amps, and take the preouts for the rear surrounds and power those speakers with an additional 2 channel amp is this possible? This would be cheaper then buying a 5 channel amp.

Daniel Smith

5. BobRoulier

BobRoulier Second Unit

Daniel, what main speakers do you run? adding a 2 channel amp for your rear surrounds is sort of a waste of money imo. You would really benefit more from a decent two channel amp for your mains and use the internal amps for your remaining speakers. I biamped my mains paradigm studio 100s with my 49tx and didn't notice much difference then I added a parasound 2205 5 channel amp and big difference in base and sound stage! and the answer to your question is yes you can add a 2 channel for your surrounds you have 7 pre outs which means you can add external amplification to all

good luck Bob

6. RajeeK

RajeeK Second Unit

Ok, now I get the question. Well I have to agree with Bob on this one. An additional amp would be much better served on the front end rather than the back. As far as directly addressing your question. I would assume so, but I have no experience with that setup first hand to 100% tell you yes.