What's new

Vsx-49tx Bi-amp Question? (1 Viewer)

DanielSmi

Second Unit
While answering another thread I came up with a question. This for anyone that has a Pioneer Vsx-49tx. I know if I bi-amp my front speakers I'm limited to 5.1 from the receiver but is it possible to output the rear surround channels with the preouts and send them to a 2 channel amp and still have a 7.1 setup even with the fronts bi-amped? Hey Rajeek can you help me on this do you know?

Daniel Smith

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
I would love to know the answer to this as well. Anyone out there with a 49TX tried this yet?

-Lyle J.P.

RajeeK

Second Unit
While answering another thread I came up with a question. This for anyone that has a Pioneer Vsx-49tx. I know if I bi-amp my front speakers I'm limited to 5.1 from the receiver but is it possible to output the rear surround channels with the preouts and send them to a 2 channel amp and still have a 7.1 setup even with the fronts bi-amped? Hey Rajeek can you help me on this do you know?
Well I am assuming you have a seven channel amp that you are using to bi-amp with thus you don't have the extra two channels to power the rears. You should always be able to power your speakers with the preouts, so the answer to your question is Yes. You should be able to use your 7.1 capabilites by adding an additional amp. That being said, you also can use the amps in your 49TX to power your rear surrounds. That is what I am doing right now. I have a 5 channel amp that powers everything but the rear surrounds, and I have those hooked up to my 49TX. That baby has so much power, it doesn't have any problem whatsoever powering just the rear surrounds. But if you want to totally bypass the 49TX amps, add that 2ch amp and away you go. Let me know if that makes sense.

DanielSmi

Second Unit
what i was asking was if I could use the 49tx built-in bi-amp option where it uses the rear surround amps to power the B front channel outputs and buy a 2 channel amp and connect that to the rear surround preouts and have a 7.1 setup. So I would biamp front speakers using th 49tx internal amps, while also powering the center and the left and right surrounds with internal amps, and take the preouts for the rear surrounds and power those speakers with an additional 2 channel amp is this possible? This would be cheaper then buying a 5 channel amp.

Daniel Smith

BobRoulier

Second Unit
Daniel, what main speakers do you run? adding a 2 channel amp for your rear surrounds is sort of a waste of money imo. You would really benefit more from a decent two channel amp for your mains and use the internal amps for your remaining speakers. I biamped my mains paradigm studio 100s with my 49tx and didn't notice much difference then I added a parasound 2205 5 channel amp and big difference in base and sound stage! and the answer to your question is yes you can add a 2 channel for your surrounds you have 7 pre outs which means you can add external amplification to all

good luck Bob

RajeeK

Second Unit
Ok, now I get the question. Well I have to agree with Bob on this one. An additional amp would be much better served on the front end rather than the back. As far as directly addressing your question. I would assume so, but I have no experience with that setup first hand to 100% tell you yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks