What's new

Vizio SB 2920-D6 Sound Bar - No Analog Signal (1 Viewer)

ENIGMACODE

Agent
Real Name
Mike Harris
Hi Gang

I've searched this forum and can't find anything on the Vizio SB 2920-D6? I realize this is an old device but would really like to use a simple feature: Analog Out of a Smart TV Samsung UN32J5500 to Analog In Vizio SB 2920-D6. Yes the Vizio SB 2920-D6 worked previously (in analog mode) but simply refuses to accept/recognize the analog signal anymore ...

Yes I've tried to RESET the Audio settings within the TV = No Dice ... And also on the Vizio = No Dice ...

I also used the Optical Signal but never liked it (as it always lacked functionality), so I'd like to GO BACK TO Analog ... I tried BOTH types of analog cables: 1/8" Mini Stereo: Samsung TV UN32J5500 1/8" Mini Stereo Jack Analog Out to RCA at the other end going into Analog In Vizio SB 2920-D6 = No Dice

RCA Both Ends
to and from the Vizio SB 2920-D6 to the Samsung TV UN32J5500 = No Dice (Tried Two Combinations of Cables)

Yes I've tried to put the Vizio SB 2920-D6 in 'Auto Search' (numerous times) It Searches and Searches but can NEVER find the analog signal source .... Unless someone has an idea, I'm done and will gladly smash the Vizio to pieces (would anyone like to watch this)? Just kidding but really frustrated ... I'm sure I'll have to replace the darn thing ...

Thank You For Reading
Mike

Last edited:

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Have you confirmed the TV is putting out an analog signal? Is that output set to “fixed” or “variable”?

ENIGMACODE

Agent
Real Name
Mike Harris
Hello John

Thanx for the reply ...

TV is putting out an analog signal? 'Yes' but it remains a mystery as to why the Vizio endlessly searches for the analog signal? It worked previously in analog mode, (not anymore) ...

I'm familiar with the setting option for “fixed” or “variable” however I can't find those options in this particular TV Menu?

Audio Out
PCM-1
PCM-2
PCM-3
TV Settings
Audio Out One
Audio Out Two
TV Additional

Although I've RESET the settings for both the TV and the Sound Bar, it remains a mystery as to why the Vizio endlessly searches for the analog signal?

Button Reset

Thank You
Mike

Last edited:

ENIGMACODE

Agent
Real Name
Mike Harris
Hi John - Nice to see you! :thumbs-up-smiley:

I think Mr. Vizio was just exhausted running around for soooo long trying to find a signal he just gave up and collapsed.
haha

No actually I think because the darn 'MUTE' setting never seems to revert itself back to 'ON' (after the unit powers down), then powers back up again, it 'STAYS' 'Muted'? Yes? No?

Anyway I settled for an optical 'digital' connection which I believe is actually missing 'properly balanced audio' Because music sometimes 'over powers' voice. Where if the signal was analog there would be a better balance. I also think its indicative of the broadcast imbalance with so may different stations.

Anyway I never cared for this Vizio Sound Bar because you can't readily SEE what the settings are .... (guess I'm too old).

Thank you for your interest John :thumbs-up-smiley:
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks