What's new

View digital camera pics on HDTV (1 Viewer)

Ernie Jenson

Auditioning
My HDTV ia a Mitsubishi WS-65907 and I have not figured out a way to take quality pictures from my computer (digital camera) and view them at the 1023 resoultion capability of my TV. Every method that I have tried ends up converting the pictures to standard NTSC (interlaced or progressive scan). I cannot figure out a way to maintain the higher resoulation of my HDTV. My set is two years old. I know that the new Sony HDTV has a slot on the front to take the Sony memory stick from a digital camera. I have talked to a number of sales people selling the Sony and no one seems to know if the Sony set maintains the resolution potential of the set when converting from digital pictures on the memory stick. I would think that a quality HDTV would have the potential to display an acceptal digital picture from a digital camera if quality was't lost in the conversion process. Can anyone give information on this or guide me to a form where this matter is of interest. Thank you.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
There's a very good chance your DVD player has the ability to play Kodak Picture CDs. If so, just find a CD burning software package that will let you burn CDs in Kodak Picture CD format and play them through your DVD player.

Otherwise, you could buy the VGA-to-component breakout box used with the original RCA Direct-HDTV receiver. It will convert the VGA signal from your computer to an HD Component Video signal that will feed right into your TV. These are available for around $50.

Hope this helps :)

Ernie Jenson

Auditioning
I'm not up on all the formats that a DVD player can output but there was no reference to Kodak Picture in my manual. I figured that the best resolution coming from a DVD player was 480P. That VGA-to-component breakout box sure sounds interesting. I will do more reading on DVD player and pursue the VGA-to-component breakout box suggestion. Thanks for the information. Ern

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks