What's new

Bought my 1st HDTV - Samsung TXM3281HF (1 Viewer)

TomHansen

Agent
Hi all:

Just bought my first HDTV from Costco on Monday afternoon, was up till 1 AM this morning using AVIA to fix some of the picture. TV looks good. I'm a little nervous about some of the issues that some people have had with lower-end Samsung TV's, but I really wanted the direct-view because of my kids, and $2500 for the Sony, Panny, etc was just too much.

Compared to my 4 year old 27" Sony Trinitron...AMAZING!

I still don't have a Progressive scan DVD player, but I did get a component cable to hook up the DVD player to the TV. Pictures look good. Setup the TV according to AVIA and picture looks really good.

One problem, and I'm hoping you might have some advise on this...the picture tilts. The way I understood this is that depending on your location on the earth the magnetic fields affect the picture slightly. Is this true, or am I completely mis understood?

How do I correct this? Should I wait for it to be broken in for 100 hours then get it calibrated, or is there anything I can do to fix it myself?

Thanks, and I'll try to get some pics up later when I get my digital camera back from my wife. :)

-Tom Hansen

Shana

Stunt Coordinator
Congrats! I have thoroughly enjoyed my 27TSL95HF(?) since August. The picture is amazing. I don't know much about the tilt though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks