What's new

Videogame systems SRP markdowns! (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
E3 show is starting any day now, and the system markdowns are being announced:
X-Box to $199.99
PS2 to $199.99
PS1 to $49.99
GameCube - nothing yet
Reductions should be almost immediate in just about any and all stores. If you pay more, you're getting ripped off!
If you JUST bought one within 30 days, get a refund and rebuy after the breaks hit! :D

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Nintendo maintains they won't be dropping their price in one interview, and that they are prepared to do so in another.

I've heard $149 or even $129. I thought the Gamecube was a good value at $199. Future buyers will have an even better value.

Depending on how some exclusives fall out on the PS2, I might have to grab a second console.

James D S

Screenwriter
The XBox price has officially dropped and anyone wishing to purchase it today at Toys R Us and Best Buy (confirmed by me personally) can do so at the new $199 price.

Woo Hoo!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I was in BB late afternoon today. The price drops had already happenned on the ones I mentioned above, and they had ripped the price stickers off the shelves below the Gamecubes.

When I asked about the latter, they said they thought a price drop would be announced by the weekend! Don't know how much though, if at all.

Also, the dude was quick to point out that prices on X-Box accessories had all dropped as well.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
David... have the prices of the new 'S' controllers gone down? I really need to pick me up one of those :D

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
Used prices from a store are in the $169 range for these units. Keep an eye on gamestop.com - they've been running used PS2 bundle specials lately with games like GTA3, MGS2, controller etc. The bundle will probably be pretty cheap.

Ebgames.com also selling a PS2 new w/ an extra controller for $199. seems like a deal to me!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks