What's new

Velodyne SPL-1000 -- Good deal? (1 Viewer)

AaronD

Stunt Coordinator
I've got a chance to pick up a SPL-1000 for $999 at my local dealer... I really love how it sounds with my B&W DM604's in the demo room...

Is $999 a good price? I've only got a until friday night to decide.. *sigh* I wasn't planning on getting this sub, or any sub right now.. But, if this is a good deal I may not be able to resist.

Recommendations?

Thanks!
-Aaron

Jason_Me

Stunt Coordinator
Did the dealer tell you he was giving you a discount with that price? I wouldn't buy from such a dishonest dealer. $999 is the MSRP of a Velodyne SPL-1000.

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
I would check with onecall too, they had some refurbed SPL1200s at $749 a while back. As long as you are comfortable with a refurb(full warranty),I would definitely go for the slightly larger 1200 myself,
you can also print out the onecall page and give your local dealer the chance to approach the pricing from onecall. If they can get within 10-20% of the mail order price that is usually a good indicator they value your business :)
TV

AaronD

Stunt Coordinator
One call has the SPL-1000 for $1199... So, I'm thinking $999 is a great deal.

Is that a good assumption? I've only got until tomorrow after work to decide, then the sale stops. Man, I hate upgraditis.

-Aaron

AaronD

Stunt Coordinator
Hmm, $694 @ reliable av. I have reservations about yahoo stores though.

-aaron

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
they got the 1200 < $800 too, but again, you'll have to balance shopping at a superstore online with the local dealer services you may receive(now and in the future).
While I agree with Tom, I must say that there are some online superstore that are reputable and offer good services. If there is a huge price difference and savings, I personally would go online. If the savings is minimal then I'd go (and have gone) with a local dealer. Now what is a minimal savings to me may be a big savings to someone else and vice versa.

I bought the Velodyne SPL-1200 at a great price from OneCall. Forget about the prices listed on their site, you have to call for the best price.

Thang_N.

Stunt Coordinator
Hi I actually spoke to Chris today from 6ave.com , and he said he'd sell the Velodyne SPL-1000 for 800 shipped. You better try him first. I was thinking about getttin this or the SPL-1200 for 1000 shipped.
He just told me to call him when im ready to order and tell him the price. His ext is 509.
HOpe this helps:)

AaronD

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I went a head and picked up the SPL-1000 from my local rep. I paid $999, but they've been very good to me in the past and I know that if I have any problems I'll be well taken care of.
Regardless, I really like the piece. It mates well with my B&W 604's. Very tight, nice extension... And it's small. I'm happy.. Sure, I could have paid less. But what ya gonna do? :)
-Aaron

Pete Jennings

Second Unit
I have a SPL-1200 and B&W 602S2's. I bought the SPL1200 refurbed from Onecall.

I highly recommend Onecall AND the Velo.

Pete

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samrinriya
Recent bookmarks