What's new

Van Wilder appreciation thread... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I just watched this movie again last night. I really enjoyed it. Plus, it is funny to see Otter from Animal House as the straight laced dad.

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
Hey Todd. What's happening. If you could go ahead and start this thread in the "Movies" forum, that would be terrific, OK?

/Lumbergh

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Matt, I thought I did. I wonder if it was moved or am I so tired as to put it into the wrong forum.

Jason Pancake

Stunt Coordinator
I can't help but love this movie. It brings back good memories of college. Not only that, but we're also a big fan of Ryan from "Two Guys and a Girl". And I must admit that the menu for the UR DVD is the best menu ever, hands down.

R. Kay

Second Unit
If Tara Reid would have showed up sober for filming, maybe it wouldve been a bit better.

Ryan Reynolds has the smart-alecky schtick down pretty good ...

Moe*A

Stunt Coordinator
Very funny film and does not deserve all the bad press it got, haven't seen it for a while it is probably due for a rewatch. I can not think of anyone that I know that actually likes this film.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
The thing that bugged me most about the movie is that Tara Reid is spending all that time with Van Wilder to write some big article about him and then at the end, the article ends up being like 2 paragraphs long. I also recall thinking that the Hockey scene was ripped off from Happy Gilmore. The rest reminded me of a cinema version of "Parker Lewis Can't Lose" only much more lewd.

Some amusing moments, explosive diarherra scenes are always funny, but nowhere near the level of the classics of this type of genre.

Tony_Ramos

Second Unit
I concur, Van Wilder is a fantasy of what college can and should be.

I remember the one time i got to ride golf carts around the UF campus, and yes, it is every bit as fun as it looks in the movie. Too bad the cops stop you!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks