What's new

UT2003 officially certified by Dolby Labs! (1 Viewer)

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
UT2003 Status Update
On the sound side we have some amazing news! Dolby Laboratories informed us today that we are officially Dolby Digital 5.1 certified! UT2003 will be one of the first PC games to ship with true Dolby Digital support. Of course this requires hardware that has DD5.1 which today includes any Nvidia nForce motherboards but more hardware is on the way. Dolby is just as excited about this as we are, the report we got back said UT2003 had "perfect 5 channel panning!". Of course on add-in cards like Creative Labs' Sound Blaster Audigy we'll also deliver an awesome 5.1 performance so you don't have to have Dolby Digital to have 5.1 sound.
This is great! I have an Asus A7N266-C, which has the NVIDIA nForce chipset with DD5.1 real-time encoding. I have my PC attached to my Yamaha DSP-A1 integrated amp through the digital coax output on the motherboard, and it is just wonderful!
I'm curious what other cards will support DD5.1 encoding...it seems the SB Audigy cards CANNOT do this.

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
One hardware upgrade pending. :emoji_thumbsup: Great news. I can't wait to experience a FPS in 5.1.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks