What's new

Pre-Order Puss In Boots:: The Last Wish (4k UHD Combo) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
87ddb5b3-3d09-482c-bd74-9f2cd4a4ac0f.png

FOR THE FIRST TIME, EVERYONE’S FAVORITE FEARLESS FELINE COMES HOME IN A COLLECTOR’S EDITION FEATURING AN ALL-NEW ANIMATED SHORT
AND OVER AN HOUR OF FUN-FILLED BONUS CONTENT
16ba6c79-a88f-d74c-2547-37fb67d6aab0.jpg
ADD TO YOUR COLLECTION THE OSCAR® NOMINATED
AND CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED CERTIFIED FRESH
FAN-FAVORITE FILM

ON DIGITAL FEBRUARY 21, 2023,
4K ULTRA HD, BLU-RAY™AND DVD FEBRUARY 28, 2023
FROM UNIVERSAL PICTURES HOME ENTERTAINMENT

ae386d55-8fd7-8f8f-55df-a3501e03d885.png
Universal City, California, February 15, 2023 – After a decade-long wait, DreamWorks Animation presents an all-new adventure in the Shrek universe with PUSS IN BOOTS: THE LAST WISH Collector’s Edition available on Digital February 21, 2023 and on 4K UHD, Blu-rayTM and DVD February 28, 2023 from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment. Nominated for Best Animated Film by both the Academy Awards® and the BAFTA Film Awards, Puss in Boots’ latest adventure now includes over an hour of bonus content featuring an all-new exclusive animated short “The Trident”, deleted scenes, a lyric video, and a cast of characters.

Everyone’s favorite leche-loving, swashbuckling, fear-defying feline, Puss in Boots, returns in a new adventure from the Shrek universe as the daring outlaw discovers that his passion for adventure and heroic missions have taken their toll. Puss has burned through eight of his nine lives, though he lost count along the way. Getting those lives back will send Puss in Boots into the Black Forest to find the mythical Wishing Star on his grandest quest yet. With only one life left, Puss is forced to humble himself and ask for help from his former partner and nemesis: Kitty Softpaws. They are joined in their journey by a chatty and cheerful mutt named Perrito. Together, our trio of heroes will need to stay one step ahead of the fairy tale realm’s craftiest crooks including Goldilocks and the Three Bears.

The film is directed by Joel Crawford (The Croods: A New Age), produced by Mark Swift (The Croods: A New Age, the Madagascar films) co-directed by Januel Mercado, and written by Paul Fisher (The Croods: A New Age) and Tommy Swerdlow and starring Antonio Banderas, Salma Hayek Pinault, Harvey Guillén (What We Do in the Shadows), Florence Pugh (Black Widow), Olivia Colman, Ray Winstone (Black Widow), Samson Kayo (Sliced), John Mulaney (Big Mouth), Wagner Moura (Narcos), Tony® nominee Da'Vine Joy Randolph (Trolls World Tour) and Emmy® nominee Anthony Mendez (Jane the Virgin). The original score is by Heitor Pereira.

With the purchase of PUSS IN BOOTS: THE LAST WISH on disc or digital, fans are eligible to earn points towards digital movies via the Universal All-Access Rewards program. Members can redeem their points for digital movies, swag and more! For registration and details please visit www.MyUniversalRewards.com.

BONUS FEATURES on 4K UHD, BLU-RAYTM, DVD AND DIGITAL for your collection:
  • ALL-NEW EXCLUSIVE SHORT “THE TRIDENT” - When you're the legendary Puss in Boots, life and death go paw in paw. In this epic original short, Puss recalls one of his most daring deaths yet.
  • DELETED SCENES
    • POTTY BREAK
    • LOVE AND DEATH
    • WALL O'SNAKES
  • A CAST OF CHARACTERS - You know their voices, now see the faces behind all the beloved PUSS IN BOOTS characters.
    • PUSS IN BOOTS
    • KITTY SOFTPAWS
    • PERRITO
    • GOLDILOCKS AND THE THREE BEARS
    • JACK HORNER
    • WOLF
  • IN THE BEGINNING - Go behind the scenes with the filmmakers of PUSS IN BOOTS: THE LAST WISH to discover how they brought this great tale to life.
  • JACK HORNER'S LINE-O-RAMA - Jack Horner says it all in this comedic line-o-rama.
  • "FEARLESS HERO" LYRIC VIDEO - Sing along from home!
  • HOW TO DRAW THE PURRFECT PAWTRAIT - Join Director Joel Crawford and Co-Director Januel Mercado as they teach us how to draw our favorite characters.
    • PUSS IN BOOTS
    • KITTY SOFTPAWS
    • PERRITO
  • HOW TO MAKE A PAPER PERRITO - Every hero needs a sidekick and this 'how to' will help you create your very own.
  • KITTY CAM - Sit back, relax and enjoy a festive cluster of kittens as they frolic and play. This cat-stravaganza is sure to entertain for hours.
  • FEATURE COMMENTARY - with Director Joel Crawford, Co-Director Januel Mercado, Producer Mark Swift, Editor James Ryan and Head of Story Heidi Jo Gilbert

FILMMAKERS
Cast:
Antonio Banderas, Salma Hayek Pinault, Harvey Guillén, Florence Pugh, Olivia Coleman, Ray Winstone, Samson Kayo, John Mulaney, Wagner Moura, Da'Vine Joy Randolph, and Anthony Mendez.
Original Score By: Heitor Pereira
Story By: Tommy Swerdlow and Tom Wheeler
Screenplay By: Paul Fisher and Tommy Swerdlow
Executive Producers: Andrew Adamson and Chris Meledandri
Produced By: Mark Swift p.g.a
Co-Director: Januel P. Mercado
Directed By: Joel Crawford

TECHNICAL INFORMATION 4K UHD:
Street Date:
February 28, 2023
Selection Number: 1000824057 (US) / 1000824497 (CDN)
Layers: BD 100
Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen 16:9 2.39:1
Rating: PG for Action/violence, rude humor/ language, and some scary moments
Languages/Subtitles: English, French Canadian and Latin American Spanish
Sound: English (Dolby Atmos for Feature, Dolby Digital 2.0 and Dolby Digital 5.1 for Bonus Content), French Canadian (Dolby Digital 5.1 for Feature), French European (Dolby Digital 5.1 for Bonus Content), Latin American Spanish (Dolby Digital Plus 7.1 for Feature, Dolby Digital 5.1 for Bonus Content)
Run Time: 01:42:20

TECHNICAL INFORMATION BLU-RAY™:
Street Date:
February 28, 2023
Selection Number: 1000817627 (US) / 1000824496 (CDN)
Layers: BD 50
Sound: English (Dolby Atmos for Feature, Dolby Digital 2.0 and Dolby Digital 5.1 for Bonus Content), French Canadian (Dolby Digital 5.1 for Feature), French European (Dolby Digital 5.1 for Bonus Content), Latin American Spanish (Dolby Digital Plus 7.1 for Feature, Dolby Digital 5.1 for Bonus Content)

TECHNICAL INFORMATION DVD:
Street Date:
February 28, 2023
Selection Number: 1000816729 (US) / 1000824495 (CDN)
Layers: DVD 9
Sound: English (Dolby Digital 5.1 for Feature, Dolby Digital 5.1 and Dolby Digital 2.0 for Bonus Content), French Canadian (Dolby Digital 5.1 for Feature) French European (Dolby Digital 5.1 for Bonus Content), Latin American Spanish (Dolby Digital 5.1)

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
This film is a total delight from start to finish and easily the best thing ever to come out of the Shrek universe.

I've locked in my pre-order.

I have the other Shrek titles, including the first Puss in Boots, bundled together in a single keepcase 7-disc box set that Universal released a while back. The Last Wish will look odd on the shelf next to it as a single title. There's no way for the packaging to look uniform. But I can't wait to own this.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
71+3+Sb2i-L._SY679_.jpg

Two-Film Collection (Blu-ray) also available.

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
If someone doesn't already own the first Puss in Boots, the 2-pack will probably end up being cheaper than buying them both separately. But that cover artwork is really ugly.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I could drone on about the lack of 3D, but that ship has sailed. This and Turning Red were the two animated films containing the most fun and inventiveness this year. Day one buy.

Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Top post updated with official press release from Universal

Kent K H

Supporting Actor
I didn't lose my mind over this the way that some people did. Still too much Shrek residue, I guess, which I've had a distaste for since the second movie, combined with a feeling like they probably should have done something besides hire the guy from Spider-Verse and tell him to recreate the animation style in the action scenes whole-cloth.

That said, it's a solid movie and definitely the best thing Dreamworks has done with this franchise. Jack Horner is a villain for the ages. Plus, Ethics Bug is an absolute delight.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Still too much Shrek residue

I don't understand this complaint at all. This barely has anything to do with the plot of Shrek. Other than Puss himself, who obviously has to be in a movie titled for him, Shrek characters speak two lines in the whole movie. This is very much its own film with its own storyline.

they probably should have done something besides hire the guy from Spider-Verse and tell him to recreate the animation style in the action scenes whole-cloth.

This film was directed by Joel Crawford. His feature directorial debut was The Croods: A New Age. Januel Mercado is listed as the co-director. Neither of them had anything to do with Into the Spider-Verse.

Last edited:

Kent K H

Supporting Actor
I don't understand this complaint at all. This barely has anything to do with the plot of Shrek. Other than Puss himself, who obviously has to be in a movie titled for him, Shrek characters speak two lines in the whole movie. This is very much its own film with its own storyline.

This film was directed by Joel Crawford. His feature directorial debut was The Croods: A New Age. Januel Mercado is listed as the co-director. Neither of them had anything to do with Into the Spider-Verse.
Bob Persichetti, co-director of Spider-Verse, was attached to direct between Del Toro and Crawford. The action sequences, especially the first one, is heavily aping the same style, down to the way they were animating on twos. I'm guessing most people didn't notice, but I'm also guessing that there was a pretty decent amount of development work from his tenure that made it into the final film.

As for the Shrek connection, its a spin-off that operates under the same rules and under a lot of the same humor style. But like I said, even if I didn't love it the same way others did, it's the still the best thing to come out of that whole franchise.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I posted this in the Roundup thread for this week as well, but I thought I would post it here too because it pertains to this release. A warning for anyone looking to get Pus in Boots: The Last Wish from Amazon.

As of this writing, the estimated delivery date for a new order of the 4K+Blu-ray version is currently showing as March 27. That is a month from now. So it appears they don't have enough stock to get it out quicker.

The Blu-ray+DVD version, which I have on order, is still showing a delivery date of tomorrow, February 28.

Bob Persichetti, co-director of Spider-Verse, was attached to direct

Persichetti also worked on the first Puss in Boots film from 2011 before Spider-Verse. So I don't think it is fair to assume that they just asked him to do what he did in that movie. He had previous experience with the studio and this character, so of course it made sense to ask him. I like the version of the film that we have now with Joel Crawford, though, so I think it worked out in the end. Regardless of how much Persichetti ended up contributing to the final project, Crawford obviously did enough to get the directing credit.

As for the Shrek connection, its a spin-off that operates under the same rules and under a lot of the same humor style.

I want to be very clear that I don't mean to antagonize you here. But I guess I just don't understand why you would even see this movie if you already knew going in that you don't like the Shrek universe. I'm one of the apparently few movie fans who hasn't seen The Way of Water because I didn't really care for the first Avatar. Why go back for a sequel to something that doesn't work for you?

Anyway, I actually think both Puss in Boots films have a much more straightforward adventure film style. The pop culture references and current music choices are gone, and that is part of why I like this. This is still a very funny film, but it seems to be going for more of a timeless feel than the Shrek films did.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks