What's new

Using PS2 on Rear Projection set (1 Viewer)

Mark Un

Auditioning
I hoping I won't get reamed posting here, but from the looks of the posts on the game section, this looks like the most appropriate place?

The PS2 manual says not to use it on projection sets, although I've heard some people do. The manual for my Sony KP-57WV600 set does not address this. Any suggestions?

When myself and the kids play, we are very good about not letting it sit turned on (to worry about burn in) and don't play for long at all. We've had the PS2 since it was introduced and probably don't have more than 20 hours on it.

Right now the the game is on a reg. tv and it works fine there. But I'd like to hook it up through the audio system and use it on the larger tv. I just hate to screw up the Sony just to play games.

Thoughts?

Justin_T

Stunt Coordinator
With as little as you play, I wouldn't worry about it at all. Now for more than 2 hours and everyday gameplay, then no. It seems you're not playing long enough to effect anything on your TV though. Hope this helps

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Have you calibrated your set? This involves lowering your contrast (white level) to a correct, and inherently MUCH lower level than the standard max'd out "torch mode" that TV's are set at the factory for bright display floors.

Consult the Master Burn in thread at the top of this Display Forum, it goes into this in repetitive detail.

If you want my overview, I just posted pretty much the same question, someone wanting to use an RPTV for an HTPC, to do gaming as well, not just DVD playback.

My response:

You can also go here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=344165

to view the entire thread if you like.

The above recommendations about not worrying about it too much, DEPEND on you lowering your contrast. If you leave everything max'd out, then you may very well suffer from burn in with gaming and TV watching (logos). As well as just generally having a horribly poor picture, and drastically shortening the life of your display. I strongly recommend you do it RIGHT, and get Avia/DVE to calibrate your video, as you will have a TOTALLY superior picture quality.

Hope that helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks