compatibility with rear projection tv?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by tom milton, Dec 14, 2001.

1. tom milton

tom milton Agent

i'm interested in purchasing an X box, PS2, or game cube. i had a nintendo 64 at one time, and the instruction book said to not use it with rear projection tv's as it could damage them. i don't want to hurt my pioneer elite tv, so i'm asking in advance if any or all of these are compatible with rear projection sets.

thanks a lot for the help!

2. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

You can use them no problem on a RPTV. Just dont leave them running 24/7 and you should be fine. THe warning used to be for older video games where stuff stayed in place on the screen. Now mostlye every part of the game moves so its not as big a problem as it used to be

capt

3. Micheal

Micheal Screenwriter

Be careful of static images that do not change on the display, i.e. health meter, score, etc...

They can and will cause burn in if you have them on the screen for long periods of time. Turning your contrast/brightness settings down will also help reduce the chances of burn in...

4. Joe michaels

Joe michaels Second Unit

Keep yur brightness down as low aas you can and don't play any games with static images more than a couple hours.

5. Dave Falasco

Dave Falasco Screenwriter

I've got a Pioneer 610HD, and I've had no problem at all with burn-in after about a month of Xbox playing. I had my TV ISF'ed, which helps I'm sure. Like an earlier poster said, turn down the contrast and the brightness and don't play for ten-hour-stretches at a time and you should be fine. Although it should be noted that I played Gotham for 12 hours straight with my friends and the static speedometer, Kudos meter, and all the other stationary graphics didn't burn in in the least.

Jack down the contrast and you should be fine with any of the 3 systems.

6. tom milton

tom milton Agent

thanks for all the help. i don't anticipate any sessions over 2 hours or so, so i ought to be ok.

what does having your tv isf'd mean?

thanks again!