What's new

I have a display dilemma (1 Viewer)

Darren_Fu

Stunt Coordinator
I was wanting all the wonderful ATF Folks opinion as which route to go because frankly I am really not sure. I am in the process of remodeling my basement and plan to have a theater set up down there. I am wondering which route as far as displays go to take. I want to spend under 3 grand. I also plan on this being a den when I am not wrapped up in some great movie so I plan on using the tv, projector, etc to watch tv, play PS2 and stuff like that. The only thing that are musts to me are Widescreen and high def. So with all that said please help me figure out which would be the best set up for what I want to do.

Rear projection
Projector
LCD

or maybe something that I haven't mentioned.

Thanks for any help that is given,
DF

Darren_Fu

Stunt Coordinator
Apparently no one really cares about giving me advice. That is fine. I used to be able to get good advice on here but I guess that has come to an end.

DF

Jason GT

Second Unit
Sheesh. That's a way to get advice - whine/cry/bitch.
Remember, you get what you paid for. :D

Anyways --

I'm not from the states, but I'm guessing that you'll have a really really hard time getting HD FP or HD Plasma for $ 3k. This pretty much leaves you at RP in terms of budget.

With LCD, I'm assuming you mean flat panel LCD - I don't know much about these units but it seems that the sizes generally top out around 40" (widescreen).

John S

Senior HTF Member
73" Mitsubishi, RP.. lol

In all honesty, anymore, it does not really come down to the technolgy so much. As it is what you prefer and how much room you have.

FP still isn't good with working/reading type lights on, so I don't think that is your answer.

RPTV still gives the most nag for your buck, but they take a lot of room.

I still like DLP the best of all, and there are certainly models around the $3k mark out there.

And there are 100's and 100's, maybe even 1000's of models that meet your requirements.

Did you do some searched here, on the different technologies?

I can say, I just got a Philips 60" HD RPTV, and absolutely love it so far. I just don't think there is a good answer anymore to such a broad, not so specific question.

Anymore, I just tell people to get the model of whatever it is, that fits thge budget, that you feel has the PQ you can live with for several years.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Darren, you posted at almost 9 p.m. Traffic in the hardware areas of HTF is not at all high at that hour. Have patience and people will be happy to help. JB

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks