What's new

Upgrade display?? (1 Viewer)

Johnny Mac

Stunt Coordinator
I currently have a modest 27" Sony and I really like the picture although I have toyed with upgrading this thing for two years now.

Our family room is relatively long and narrow and we sit in the short proportion only about 6 or 7 feet to the TV. Hence the reason for the 27. I brought home a 32" Toshiba and found it was too big. I could see scan lines and individual pixels. Well, it went back and I haven't really pursued another since.

What are the repercussions of buying a 32" digital TV right now instead of waiting? Should I even bother looking at the high quality analog models at this point?

Mike Matheson

Second Unit
Johnny,

Have you seen the image on Sony's XBR series direct view TVs? (32 and 36 inch)

If you haven't, you can probably find them at almost any Circuit City, Tweeters, Good Guys, Best Buy (?), etc.

There are also a variety of 34" 16x9 TVs available that would probably not convey the sense of pixels or scan lines at that distance, as well.

Though the image will be dependent upon the quality of the source. . .

Johnny Mac

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, I noticed that I had posted in the wrong area. Thanks for the tips though. The XBR is definitely high on my list.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks