What's new

Upcoming Timeless Releases (2 Viewers)

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Somebody tell Timeless they should release HIGH CHAPARRAL (1967-71) with Leif Ericson, Linda Crystal and Cameron Mitchell. The series was noted for its gritty authenticity at Old Tucson Studio locations.
And the short-lived but high-quality THE OUTCASTS (1968-69) with Don Murray and Otis Young. All 26 episodes will fit neatly into one Timeless box-set.
Timeless should consider releasing more movie-of-the-week westerns such as the remake of The Plainsman (1966) with Don Murray, Sam Peckinpah's memorable and rarely shown Noon Wine (1966) with Jason Robards, Stranger On the Run (1967) with Henry Fonda, The Desperate Mission (1969) with Richardo Mantalban brilliant as always playing early California bandit Joaquin Murietta, The Bounty Man (1971) with Clint Walker, the superb remake of The Red Pony (1973) with Henry Fonda, Mrs. Sundance (1974) with Elizabeth Montgomery, Shootout In a One-Dog Town (1974) with Richard Crenna, Wanted: That Sundance Woman (1976) with Katharine Ross, Wild Times (1980) with Ben Johnson and Sam Elliott, William Goldman's epic two-parter Mr. Horn (1979) with Richard Widmark and David Carradine, Calamity Jane (1984) with a memorable performance by Jane Alexander, the five Desperado (1987-89) films with Alex MacArthur, the historical epic The Alamo: Thirteen Days to Glory (1987) with an all-star cast, Brotherhood of the Gun (1991) with David Carradine, and I can't think how many others.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Thanks for all the info on the upcoming Timeless releases, Gary. Just wondering - have you have heard anything about the second season of State Trooper?

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:
Richard V said:
/t/314653/upcoming-timeless-releases#post_3852280
Thanks for all the info on the upcoming Timeless releases, Gary. Just wondering - have you have heard anything about the second season of State Trooper?
Unfortunately the answer to both questions, as best I can tell, is no.

Gary "I'd love to see more of State Trooper and that 'gangster' show being referenced" O.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Any hope for complete series releases of "Arrest And Trial" and "Riverboat"?

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Gary OS said:
     Quote:

Technically the answer is "no" to both your guesses, but only the second guess is really wrong.  The first one is "Wide Country."  But I didn't know it had been on their radar for a long time.  It had been on my personal radar for a long time though, so I'm very excited about it.  Good and logical guess on the second one.  Perhaps I didn't word the hint well enough.  I meant to say that the lead actor would play a gunslinger in a future series, but in the release that's coming soon he plays a doctor.  http://www.hometheaterforum.com/img/vbsmilies/htf/smiley_wink.gif">  

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:
Jack P said:
/t/314653/upcoming-timeless-releases#post_3852501
They have been gathering up prints of "Wide Country" episodes for years - a friend of mine sold them an episode on 16mm a few years ago.
Medic! Didn't even think of it. Be nice that those will get a decent release.
Ah. Well that's interesting. I was (and still am) hoping the prints would be from the same Uni/Revue vault source that has given us so many great looking releases over the past year or so. I'm glad collectors, like your friend, have been willing to help out though. If that's what Timeless is relying on to get this series out, then so be it.

Gary "I just want decent quality prints" O.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
Anyone who has the original 6 disk Tales of Wells Fargo looking to upgrade? Looks like the original release has 40 of the 52 first two seasons and 6 episodes from season 3. The video quality is already good. makes one wonder if the missing 12 episodes were either unavailable to Timeless before or just lesser quality and that has now been rectified by the studio. I'm on the fence with this one.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I've only seen one Episode of Medic (It's an episode that was included on Mill Creek's Cold War Hysteria Set), which contains films about the Nuclear Tests the US and other Countries did from 1946 to 1962, along with Propiganda Films like Duck and Cover. In this Episode, called Flash of Darkness Richard Boone deals with what happens after an Atomic Bomb is dropped on his City! :eek:

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Jack P said:
Any hope for complete series releases of "Arrest And Trial" and "Riverboat"?
You will get half your wish come true very soon! Its funny but those are the 2 series which have one missing episode that never came out on 16mm all those years ago. So it will be nice that we will finally get to see Signals from an Ancient Flame. It would be great to also get Witness No Evil with Vincent Price after all these years. Isn't it frustrating to have one missing show.

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Regulus said:
I've only seen one Episode of Medic (It's an episode that was included on Mill Creek's Cold War Hysteria Set), which contains films about the Nuclear Tests the US and other Countries did from 1946 to 1962, along with Propiganda Films like Duck and Cover. In this Episode, called Flash of Darkness Pat Boone deals with what happens after an Atomic Bomb is dropped on his City!
Thanks for posting this. I have the set but didn't realize this was from the TV series as everything is presented as documentaries. I went back and watched the episode - talk about an unrelentingly dark episode! Now I'm looking forward to to seeing this series even more. By the way, it's Richard Boone, not Pat.
@Danny - so we are going to get the rest of Arrest & Trial? If so, that's great news!
I wish MGM would follow through with the rest of the Ziv-TV shows like I Led 3 Lives, Man Called X, Men into Space, Man & the Challenge, etc., etc.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Both sets are now up for pre-order at Amazon. The Wide Country is the complete series (no surprise there), but with Medic we are only getting 50 episodes, which puts my quest for the Christmas episode in jeopardy! I know it's never shown up in collectors' circles, so I'm fearful it might not be included in this upcoming set.

Gary "was hoping the Richard Boone series would be released as a complete S1 which would have guaranteed me the Christmas ep" O.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil Brock /t/314653/upcoming-timeless-releases#post_3853118
You will get half your wish come true very soon! Its funny but those are the 2 series which have one missing episode that never came out on 16mm all those years ago. So it will be nice that we will finally get to see Signals from an Ancient Flame. It would be great to also get Witness No Evil with Vincent Price after all these years. Isn't it frustrating to have one missing show.
Good news, Danny. Thanks for sharing!

Gary "bring on more Arrest and Trial" O.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Gary OS said:
Both sets are now up for pre-order at Amazon. The Wide Country is the complete series (no surprise there)
But does it include the original pilot that aired on FRED ASTAIR/ALCOA THEATER?
(Which is where the two pilots for CHANNING and the proto-pilot for MCHALES NAVY aired as well)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeWilson /t/314653/upcoming-timeless-releases/30#post_3853500
But does it include the original pilot that aired on FRED ASTAIR/ALCOA THEATER?

You mean "Second Chance"? Yes, it is.

Gary "should be a great dvd set" O.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Gary OS said:
Both sets are now up for pre-order at Amazon. The Wide Country is the complete series (no surprise there), but with Medic we are only getting 50 episodes, which puts my quest for the Christmas episode in jeopardy! I know it's never shown up in collectors' circles, so I'm fearful it might not be included in this upcoming set.

Gary "was hoping the Richard Boone series would be released as a complete S1 which would have guaranteed me the Christmas ep" O.
I have to confess I was about to buy this Set from one of those "Other Source" Sellers, but I then got word this one's getting an official release, so I'll wait for it :D This official set has 50 Episodes, according to Wickipedia, the series had 59 Episodes, so it'll be missing 9. This still makes it the largest set available (The biggest "Alternate" set I saw for sale only had 34 Episodes) so until I hear otherwise there's still a chance the Christmas Episode will be on it. One way or the other, I'm getting this set. :cool:

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Today is a day for rejoicing, for my crystal ball has just informed me that "Red Christmas" will indeed be on the upcoming Medic set! Yippee!!

Gary "these two releases are both high on my holiday list" O.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
My "Santa List" is looking interesting, with these Sets on my list:
M-Squad
Medic
Steve Canyon
The Wide Country
Star Trek (The Original Series) - This will be from Me to Myself! :D
Now, any guesses what "The National Day of INSANITY" (November 25 this year) will bring? :laugh:

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Regulus said:
I have to confess I was about to buy this Set from one of those "Other Source" Sellers, but I then got word this one's getting an official release, so I'll wait for it :D This official set has 50 Episodes, according to Wickipedia, the series had 59 Episodes, so it'll be missing 9. This still makes it the largest set available (The biggest "Alternate" set I saw for sale only had 34 Episodes) so until I hear otherwise there's still a chance the Christmas Episode will be on it. One way or the other, I'm getting this set. :cool:
IS this an "official" release of MEDIC? Isn't the bulk of the series public domain as it it?
On the subject of TIMELESS - anyone see their "Dean Martin & Jerry Lewis: The Colgate Comedy Hour" 2 DVD set that just came out?

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I don't know if Medic is Public Domain or not. (The way the Copyright Law has been amended over the years these days you need to have a Philadelphia Lawyer to interpret it for you). :confused: I"ve seen a Movie that WAS "Public Domain" become "Copyrighted" by one of the TV Networks, they now run that Movie each December. In any event (as mentioned in my previous post), I will be purchasing this series and some others in the months ahead. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks