What's new

Upcoming Timeless Releases (1 Viewer)

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Originally Posted by Richard--W /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Somebody tell Timeless they should release HIGH CHAPARRAL (1967-71) with Leif Ericson, Linda Crystal and Cameron Mitchell. The series was noted for its gritty authenticity at Old Tucson Studio locations.

And the short-lived but high-quality THE OUTCASTS (1968-69) with Don Murray and Otis Young. All 26 episodes will fit neatly into one Timeless box-set.

Timeless should consider releasing more movie-of-the-week westerns such as the remake of The Plainsman (1966) with Don Murray, Sam Peckinpah's memorable and rarely shown Noon Wine (1966) with Jason Robards, Stranger On the Run (1967) with Henry Fonda, The Desperate Mission (1969) with Richardo Mantalban brilliant as always playing early California bandit Joaquin Murietta, The Bounty Man (1971) with Clint Walker, the superb remake of The Red Pony (1973) with Henry Fonda, Mrs. Sundance (1974) with Elizabeth Montgomery, Shootout In a One-Dog Town (1974) with Richard Crenna, Wanted: That Sundance Woman (1976) with Katharine Ross, Wild Times (1980) with Ben Johnson and Sam Elliott, William Goldman's epic two-parter Mr. Horn (1979) with Richard Widmark and David Carradine, Calamity Jane (1984) with a memorable performance by Jane Alexander, the five Desperado (1987-89) films with Alex MacArthur, the historical epic The Alamo: Thirteen Days to Glory (1987) with an all-star cast, Brotherhood of the Gun (1991) with David Carradine, and I can't think how many others.

Agree on every single title here, especially THE OUTCASTS, which I have been wanting to see again for a long, long time. I managed to find four episodes on an alternate set and man if you ever wondered why your TV volume goes so high when most people would never ever have to set it at the max, these episodes I obtained had to be played with the volume at the highest it goes. Then I had to remember I had left it there before I went to watch something else and blew up the room! Crazy. Would love if Timeless could release it and put an end to this kind of madness, LOL.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
I'm wondering something. Timeless has released so many obscure series from the '50s and '60s, but why do they avoid comedy series? Is there a company policy against sitcoms?

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
To Joe Lugoff, Some people prefer Dramas to Sitcoms. I'm one of them, but I do have a number of pre-1970s Sitcoms in my Collection. (IMO Sitcoms went downhill when some dude named Norman Lear came on the scene, I just didn't get off on AITF or its Spinoffs), but we're comparing Apples to Oranges here. Some like Apples over Oranges, for others its Oranges over Apples. :D
To Prof. Echo, I sometimes have THE OPPOSITE happen to me. I'll play an "Official" Disk and have to crank up the volume so I can hear it, then I'll play a "Homemade" Disk and get BLASTED! :laugh:
Here's some Sitcoms I'd like to see released:
Delta House (A Bomb, but it was produced by the same person who did the first three Home Alone Movies and the National Lampoon's Vacation Movies, among others).:cool:
The Ghost and Mrs. Muir
It's About Time (I Know, it's another Bomb, but It was Produced by the same person who put ot F-Troop, Gilligan's Island and The Brady Bunch).:)
Julia
Nanny and the Professor

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
The only totally unreleased sitcoms I would still want to see on DVD and would get:
Ghost And Mrs. Muir
Operation Petticoat (just S1, forget the idiotic S2 reboot)
CPO Sharkey
Busting Loose (Never saw an episode but I want to see Barbara Rhoades!!!!!)

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
Well, people as old as I am are getting fewer and fewer, of course, so they wouldn't fly off the shelves, but there were many very successful sitcoms from the 1950s that I think deserve DVD releases as much as a lot of these Timeless westerns: Ozzie and Harriet, My Little Margie, Our Miss Brooks, I Married Joan, The Life of Riley, Private Secretary, Make Room for Daddy, Topper, December Bride, The Bob Cummings Show, Sgt. Bilko (only season one was released), The Ann Sothern Show, Hennesey, and probably some others I can't think of at the moment.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Good news about Medic coming soon, will definitely be getting that release. It would be fantastic if somebody (Timeless?) could release The Richard Boone Show (1963-64), watched it a while ago and personally think it's a lot better than Medic. Quite a bit better, in fact. I don't see too many other company contenders who'd be ideal to do it, besides TMG.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Originally Posted by Regulus /t/314653/upcoming-timeless-releases/30#post_3854055
It's About Time (I Know, it's another Bomb, but It was Produced by the same person who put ot F-Troop, Gilligan's Island and The Brady Bunch).
William, if you mean Sherwood Schwartz, you're right about GILLIGAN and BRADY, but he didn't have anything to do with F TROOP as far as I know.

As for IT'S ABOUT TIME, a friend gave me an alternate set of the entire series, albeit in bright red fade-o-vision, and it really was atrocious, but damn if I didn't wind up watching the entire single season. Like you I was very curious about it and wondering if it was as bad as everyone claimed. It first aired when I was starting third grade and I kind of had the willies at that particular time about the new school year, so IT'S ABOUT TIME being on Sunday nights signaled the beginning of the end for me, LOL. Trying to temper these memories a bit I was eager to check it out and I'm glad I did. Like a lot of vintage shows on DVD, I watched it weekly on the original broadcast night and have to say that as awful as it was, I still kinda sorta looked forward to watching it every week. I have no idea why because I would always shake my head when an episode ended, yet there I was excitedly anticipating the next episode a week later. ???

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I could have sworn I saw Mr. Schwarz's name on the credits, but maybe I'm wrong. If so, my bad! :blush:

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
Makedmedia wrote that he would like to see Johnny Midnight starring Edmond O' Brien, well Timeless would have to see about getting that show from NBCUnii, after all, it was a Midnight Production for Revue/MCA. Why not also suggest Shotgun Slade starring Scott Brady, for it had a 2-year run in syndication from 1959 to 1961, and that's one shoiw that could looked into by TMG, which by the way released a 2-DVD set some years ago.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
I had asked earlier about why Timeless seems to avoid comedy series, and now comes the news that they're releasing the one-season (1962-63) series Going My Way, which starred Gene Kelly, Leo G. "Topper" Carroll and Dick "Bewitched" York. This wasn't exactly a sitcom, but it was a comedy/drama type show. At least it sure wasn't a Western! I'm hoping Timeless can release more of these one-season shows from the '50s and '60s. I'd especially like to see Fair Exchange from this same season, but someone told me to forget about that one, for legal reasons.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Lugoff /t/314653/upcoming-timeless-releases/30#post_3861525
I'd especially like to see Fair Exchange from this same season, but someone told me to forget about that one, for legal reasons.

I'd love to see Fair Exchange as well, but I wouldn't tab Timeless for it anyhow because it's not a Universal property like almost all these other releases from them have been. Meet Mr. McNutley, Love that Bob, or Bachelor Father would be more likely to come from Timeless since they were all Revue shows.

Gary "for whatever reason, Timeless has chosen to concentrate more on westerns and dramas instead of sitcoms - not that I'm complaining" O.

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
Didn't "Fair Exchange" start out as a one-hour show and then switch to a half-hour format at mid-season?
I'd love to see this again. Always liked Eddie Foy, Jr !

Larry.P

Stunt Coordinator
RBailey said:
Didn't "Fair Exchange" start out as a one-hour show and then switch to a half-hour format at mid-season?
I'd love to see this again. Always liked Eddie Foy, Jr !
Yes, this was a Desilu show, now owned by CBS Paramount. FYI there is a fun "Fair Exchange" promo in the special features of "The Lucy Show: Season 1" DVD set. The promo features Lucy talking to the cast on her TV screen, mentioning the show switching form one-hour to a half-hour.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Joe Lugoff said:
I had asked earlier about why Timeless seems to avoid comedy series, and now comes the news that they're releasing the one-season (1962-63) series Going My Way, which starred Gene Kelly, Leo G. "Topper" Carroll and Dick "Bewitched" York. This wasn't exactly a sitcom, but it was a comedy/drama type show. At least it sure wasn't a Western! I'm hoping Timeless can release more of these one-season shows from the '50s and '60s. I'd especially like to see Fair Exchange from this same season, but someone told me to forget about that one, for legal reasons.
I think I'm going to buy GOING MY WAY...if it recaptured the spirit of the original feature film...but I'm in for any show that featured the great James Whitmore as a guest star...Leo G. Carroll was always enjoyable...Dick York turned in a fine dramatic performance that same year on ROUTE 66 ("What a shining young man was our gallant lieutenant") and I also see Anne Francis, Jack Warden and George Kennedy listed as other guest stars...I also have fond memories of my own Catholic school upbringing where I knew several wonderfully inspiring and caring priests and nuns who were outstanding educators and caregivers...they were tolerant intellectuals with a passion for music, literature and the arts...and, they were full of comedic wit as well...perhaps not so far removed from the depiction in GOING MY WAY..I am all too aware of other darker realities here and don't at all want to enter into any religious conflicts, so please take this as just an anecdote from my mostly fortunate childhood...I also can't wait for WIDE COUNTRY and TALL MEN...thank you TIMELESS for all these great releases!

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Professor Echo said:
Agree on every single title here, especially THE OUTCASTS, which I have been wanting to see again for a long, long time. I managed to find four episodes on an alternate set and man if you ever wondered why your TV volume goes so high when most people would never ever have to set it at the max, these episodes I obtained had to be played with the volume at the highest it goes. Then I had to remember I had left it there before I went to watch something else and blew up the room! Crazy. Would love if Timeless could release it and put an end to this kind of madness, LOL.
Outcasts actually ran in the 80s on BET. That's where I got mine from. Its a Sony show but unfortunately they seem to only deal with Shout and Timeless are the ones who love Westerns.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Larry.P said:
Yes, this was a Desilu show, now owned by CBS Paramount. FYI there is a fun "Fair Exchange" promo in the special features of "The Lucy Show: Season 1" DVD set. The promo features Lucy talking to the cast on her TV screen, mentioning the show switching form one-hour to a half-hour.
Which means its not likely to ever see the light of day again. CBS really doesn't license (I know, Webster of all shows being the one exception). Not only that but unlike some of the other studios they aren't even doing transfers on the shows that they consider to have zero market value. They aren't as bad as Fox (no one is) in that at least they keep putting stuff out themselves. But for shows like Fair Exchange and the hundreds of other series like it that they own, you would do best to keep checking the 16mm film print auctions on ebay.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Unless I was dreaming, late last night just before signing off and going to bed I got an email telling me that the complete Arrest and Trial is coming next month, via Timeless of course...

Okay, I just found it at Classicflix. That series, along with The Gene Autry Show Season 2, will be coming on November 22nd.

Gary "Timeless just keeps churning these great vintage shows out" O.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Timeless just keeps on putting them out . I hope Sam's club keeps carrying them . Much cheaper that way . Just picked up The Virginian season 5 and Men From Shiloh on Tuesday . Still have to pick up Wagon Train season 4 . Never ending . I love it .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks