What's new

Question on Timeless Media Tales Of Wells Fargo (1 Viewer)

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
I know Timeless Media released Tales Of Wells Fargo Seasons 1 and 2 and part of Season 6 on DVD. My question is how do these releases compare in Video and Audio Quality to what is being shown on Encore Westerns? I have Encore Westerns.
I have also learned that All 6 Seasons of Tales Of Wells Fargo are available for streaming on Amazon. How do the streaming versions compare with Timeless and Encore Westerns? I have never done streaming and would prefer DVDS. But not if the video and audio Quality are substantially less than Encore Westerns and streaming.
Thanks in advance to all who can provide some information!

Robert

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
Like night and day!!! Once you see these on Encore Westerns you'll never go back!

I would prefer physical media too but we're all going to need to accept that streaming will likely be the main source going forward to view remastered classic television.

SuperClark

Second Unit
Real Name
Clark
i subscribe to www.starz.com.Easy and best way to cherry pick. In july and jan they usually add and drop 1 or more shows,I hope they air Rin Tin Tin,Cisco Kid which is in HD altho the prints are not great) and Sugarfoot/Bronco.But keep on Laramie and Tales of Wells Fargo- 2 of my all time favs.Also add the complete Lone Ranger and Lancer.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Warner Archive streaming was copyguarded so you couldn't record to DVD (although you could to VHS). I haven't found any of the current streaming services a problem to burn DVDs from.

SuperClark

Second Unit
Real Name
Clark
I have the complete Virginian series with the final season Men From Shiloh in HD also.On bluray.

Kevin Antonio (Kev)

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Taffe
I have the complete Virginian series with the final season Men From Shiloh in HD also.On bluray.
For some reason the men from shiloh is hit or miss in quality. Some episodes look good and others look kinda bad. The first 8 years however look quite good especially the garth years

Sega

Second Unit
Real Name
Dan
i subscribe to www.starz.com.Easy and best way to cherry pick. In july and jan they usually add and drop 1 or more shows,I hope they air Rin Tin Tin,Cisco Kid which is in HD altho the prints are not great) and Sugarfoot/Bronco.But keep on Laramie and Tales of Wells Fargo- 2 of my all time favs.Also add the complete Lone Ranger and Lancer.
Don't hold your breath. It's all about.
Money & Copy Rights.
And who has the copyrights can hold out.
Until they get the $$$$ they are asking.
And it may be way out of line. ?
Just a thought!

Kevin Antonio (Kev)

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Taffe
Decades had Lancer but that's a fox show. Encore/Starz has never given us any WB show other than maverick, lawman and Cheyenne. I never understood it but it's been that way for nearly 15 years.

Kevin Antonio (Kev)

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Taffe
Are the episodes on dvd complete or cut?
The dvd is complete in terms of episode length but have audio problems. The version on bluray is perfect and cleared up the audio issues. Same company that released the outcast did the bluray. The version on streaming is what it looks like but a little better on disc.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
The dvd is complete in terms of episode length but have audio problems. The version on bluray is perfect and cleared up the audio issues. Same company that released the outcast did the bluray. The version on streaming is what it looks like but a little better on disc.
I pulled my DVD set out and they're cut by around 6 minutes, coming in at 1:10 or so. Where did you get the idea they were complete? Those shows ran 1:16 plus.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks