What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Unscented hair conditioner? (1 Viewer)

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
I've been using Nexxus Humectress conditioner for the last 20+ years. Unfortunately some mega genius decided to reformulate their products and the new version absolutely reeks of cheap perfume.

Can anyone recommend a good conditioner that is unscented or as close to unscented as possible?

Thanks,
Ted

sestamuch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jonas
Originally Posted by Ted Todorov

I've been using Nexxus Humectress conditioner for the last 20+ years. Unfortunately some mega genius decided to reformulate their products and the new version absolutely reeks of cheap perfume.

document.writeln(''); document.writeln(''); document.writeln(''); document.writeln(''); document.writeln(''); document.writeln(''); Can anyone recommend a good conditioner that is unscented or as close to unscented as possible?

Thanks,
Ted

I don't know what's up with that idea, if they're going to put a scent they better make it a good one and this is a hard one because people's tolerance vary.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Update: After 8 years I have two suggestions - for people who prefer scent free shampoo and/or conditioner - JASON has a scent free version which is fine (thank you Marianne for the suggestion) and at ~$8 per container much cheaper than Nexxus. For people just looking for mild, reasonable scent: PeterThomasRoth (MegaRich). I use both: the PTR is better at moisturizing.

Meanwhile there seems to be a hatred for manufacturing low/no scent products in soup as well: for years our liquid hand soup was Ivory (mild scent, big/cheap) -- Procter & Gamble stopped manufacturing it. After long, unhappy search we ended up finding Kiss My Face fragrance free had soup - quality wise it is great, size (small), price (high) not so much, but at least it still exists.

Soup bars: Tom's of Maine stopped manufacturing it's sensitive/fragrance free chamomile bars. Have to start the search yet again (yes, Ivory bars still exist, but aren't as good).

I am truly mystified by the seeming hatred for low/no fragrance products. If anything there are far more people who want a perfume free existence now than they did during the 1980's or earlier, yet manufacturers seem to be avoiding them like the plague. The only reasonable explanation I can come up with is they are switching to cheaper ingredients that smell bad and they need a stronger scent to hide their cheaper ingredients.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Update: After 8 years I have two suggestions - for people who prefer scent free shampoo and/or conditioner - JASON has a scent free version which is fine (and at $8 per container much cheaper than Nexxus). For people just looking for mild, reasonable scent: PeterThomasRoth (MegaRich). I use both: the PTR is better at moisturizing.

Meanwhile there seems to be a hatred for manufacturing low/no scent products in soup as well: for years our liquid hand soup was Ivory (mild scent, big/cheap) -- Procter & Gamble stopped manufacturing it. After long, unhappy search we ended up finding Kiss My Face fragrance free had soup - quality wise it is great, size (small), price (high) not so much, but at least it still exists.

Soup bars: Tom's of Maine stopped manufacturing it's sensitive/fragrance free chamomile bars. Have to start the search yet again (yes, Ivory bars still exist, but aren't as good).

I am truly mystified by the seeming hatred for low/no fragrance products. If anything there are far more people who want a perfume free existence now than they did during the 1980's or earlier, yet manufacturers seem to be avoiding them like the plague. The only reasonable explanation I can come up with is they are switching to cheaper ingredients that smell bad and they need a stronger scent to hide their cheaper ingredients.

Yeah I just HATE smelly soups!! :)

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Almost everything is filled with these disgusting cheep smells. I almost can't walk down the soap, detergent, or cleaning ailes. How about taking a nice walk in the evening and being assaulted by the disgusting cheep smell from Bounce sheets in every dryer in the neighbourhood?

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
What is "cheep" and what does it smell like? I've never smelled such a thing.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
You know the smell you smell when there are lots of little birdies around? ....

Ok! So I have always had difficulty with spelling! Shoot me!!

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Wow, and I thought I was vain. :lol:

I've got really thick hair, so it needs help. I literally just pick up whatever generic gel is on sale, never had a problem but the professional stuff is so much better.

Once in a while buy it, where a guy has been cutting my hair for about ten years, but at $25 for a small container, (I'm out, but appt. on the 16th , I'll post later this month what brand), it's a bit pricey.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Wow, and I thought I was vain. :lol:

I've got really thick hair, so it needs help. I literally just pick up whatever generic gel is on sale, never had a problem but the professional stuff is so much better.

Once in a while buy it, where a guy has been cutting my hair for about ten years, but at $25 for a small container, (I'm out, but appt. on the 16th , I'll post later this month what brand), it's a bit pricey.
I use ivory bar soap in the shower to wash everything including my hair. Perhaps I should mention I don't have any hair. Sure simplifies matters.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Update: After 8 years I have two suggestions - for people who prefer scent free shampoo and/or conditioner - JASON has a scent free version which is fine (thank you Marianne for the suggestion) and at ~$8 per container much cheaper than Nexxus. For people just looking for mild, reasonable scent: PeterThomasRoth (MegaRich). I use both: the PTR is better at moisturizing.

Ivory Hand Soap was basically diluted Ivory Liquid Dish-washing soap ...

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I use ivory bar soap in the shower to wash everything including my hair. Perhaps I should mention I don't have any hair. Sure simplifies matters.
I use that "manly man soap", Irish Spring or something like that. Don't even use shaving cream, just soap up in the shower and shave, one product takes care of everything :lol:

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I use that "manly man soap", Irish Spring or something like that. Don't even use shaving cream, just soap up in the shower and shave, one product takes care of everything :lol:
I used to use Irish Spring and one day I really paid attention to the fragrance and I decided it was too much for me.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
NO, real men have beards.
That would be nice, but genetics have a lot to do with it.

Not a hair on my chest, I grow the world's wimpiest moustache. Would love that studly unshaven look, but not going to happen. It all balances out; Full head of hair, no male pattern baldness in my genes. :P.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samrinriya
Recent bookmarks