What's new

Unreleased Disney Movies & TV (1 Viewer)

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Doesn't cost anything to keep it. You never know what may turn up.
Yeah , I guess I'll keep it , but I really wish they would give us some new blurays of classics like Darby O' Gill, Johnny Tremain, The Shaggy Dog, Greyfriars Bobby, and the Great Locomotive Chase and some DVD's of things like Kilroy , Moochie Pop Warner / Moochie Little league , and more of the Hardy Boys , Spin And Marty and Annette serials .

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Yeah , I guess I'll keep it , but I really wish they would give us some new blurays of classics like Darby O' Gill, Johnny Tremain, The Shaggy Dog, Greyfriars Bobby, and the Great Locomotive Chase and some DVD's of things like Kilroy , Moochie Pop Warner / Moochie Little league , and more of the Hardy Boys , Spin And Marty and Annette serials .

Disney has released The Hardy Boys: The Mystery of the Applegate Treasure at least twice on DVD, but they have yet to release The Hardy Boys: The Mystery of the Ghost Farm even once.

Westward Ho the Wagons has been released on DVD, but only in 4:3.

As far as I can tell, The Disney Channel no longer airs any of the classic Disney material.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I'm wondering the same thing, Lou. I've picked up everything I want from the exclusive bluray releases and the Anthology episodes.
Interestingly enough , the new Disney Movie Club mailing arrived today with the live action Beauty And The Beast on the cover. Not only are there no new exclusives on BD or DVD, but not a single one of the previous exclusives is featured in the catalog . Just wondering ...

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Interestingly enough , the new Disney Movie Club mailing arrived today with the live action Beauty And The Beast on the cover. Not only are there no new exclusives on BD or DVD, but not a single one of the previous exclusives is featured in the catalog . Just wondering ...

Fear not. The exclusives, etc., are all still listed and available on the movie club website. They're trying to switch customers to the website and "go paperless" so they are cutting back on paper regardless.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I get an email about the Disney exclusive offering a week or so before I get the mailing. I've never responded to the mailing, I always go online.

The thing about maintaining membership is, once a member has met their obligation, I believe you can quit the club and then at some later date, rejoin with another introductory offer. Not 100% sure about that, but I thought I've read somewhere that you can do that. Not sure if it makes sense, because you have a new obligation to buy a certain number of titles at list price. If you stay in, you can wait for a 60% off sale, buy one title at list, then load up on a bunch of titles at 60% off. Either way, it is still the best way to purchase the Disney Bluray titles.

Unfortunately, the Walt era releases have slowed to almost nothing. There are a bunch of titles I would still like to get; Bluray widescreen versions of The Moon Spinners, In Search of the Castaways and That Darn Cat come to mind for instance. I saw The Parent Trap on Netflix a while back and it looked HD to me. Why can't they get that out on disc? Then there is the Anthology program which has only been released piecemeal.

I thought when these Disney Bluray releases started, the Walt era films were going to finally get treated with some respect. Now, I'm not so sure. It's maddening how the Disney Company exhibits such a callous disregard for Walt Disney and his heritage.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
You can absolutely cancel and rejoin using the best promotion code. I've done this 4-5 times (maybe more) in the bluray era and there are certainly many people who are 10+. I rarely just buy the minimum and it takes a long time to get to 6 or 7+ items I need at one time to make a new enrollment worth it. There really aren;t that many released Items I don't have already

If you rejoin under the best codes and have enough eligible titles to enroll (6 or 7 currently) it's almost always better than using even the best member deals. I can usually enroll and fulfill with 9 items for under $80 total (best was $72) so any deal with an average price above $9ea is losing money. If you only have 3-4-5 items and don't wish to wait or mainly want items ineligible as enrollment (Star Wars, 3D titles) then it's better to wait for the 60% deals assuming you want US releases and not the region free International versions

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Thanks for the confirmation, David. This is one of the reasons I've considered opting out of the club. I have everything I want at this point in time, and I'm always declining the exclusive anyway. It would take several releases for me to pick out 9 new titles, but if Disney would get back to releasing the Walt era Blus at the rate of a couple every few months (like they were doing at first), I could rejoin pretty quickly and take advantage of the Introductory Offer.

MarkA

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Abel
I get an email about the Disney exclusive offering a week or so before I get the mailing. I've never responded to the mailing, I always go online.

The thing about maintaining membership is, once a member has met their obligation, I believe you can quit the club and then at some later date, rejoin with another introductory offer. Not 100% sure about that, but I thought I've read somewhere that you can do that. Not sure if it makes sense, because you have a new obligation to buy a certain number of titles at list price. If you stay in, you can wait for a 60% off sale, buy one title at list, then load up on a bunch of titles at 60% off. Either way, it is still the best way to purchase the Disney Bluray titles.

Unfortunately, the Walt era releases have slowed to almost nothing. There are a bunch of titles I would still like to get; Bluray widescreen versions of The Moon Spinners, In Search of the Castaways and That Darn Cat come to mind for instance. I saw The Parent Trap on Netflix a while back and it looked HD to me. Why can't they get that out on disc? Then there is the Anthology program which has only been released piecemeal.

I thought when these Disney Bluray releases started, the Walt era films were going to finally get treated with some respect. Now, I'm not so sure. It's maddening how the Disney Company exhibits such a callous disregard for Walt Disney and his heritage.

I would love all of the Hayley Mills films on blu-ray!

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I would love to see the anthology show on Bluray; the B/W years and the color years all the way through at least 1970.

I'd give my arms away to have the entire anthology series released on DVD and/or Blu-Ray. I've been able to acquire a handful of episodes via "other sources" including one two-part episode that everybody east of the mountain time zone only got to see 15 minutes of part one and ten minutes of part two because the NFL games that were aired those weeks went into overtime on both weeks and NBC decided to have these episodes "joined in progress". :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry: I don;t condone getting shows this way, but IMO "doing without" simply doesn't cut it.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I would love to see the anthology show on Bluray; the B/W years and the color years all the way through at least 1970.
That's probably the Disney item the majority of fans of the "Walt era " would want the most . Back in the early days of DVD I thought it would happen . I' m not so sure now .

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Just thought that I'd mention that the latest DMC mailing arrived this week. No "early classics" are being released , but Honey I shrunk The Kids and Honey I blew Up The Kids will be issued on Blu-ray . I'll be ordering the first one .
I still have my fingers crossed that we'll see the release of films like Darby O'Gill, In Search Of The castaways , and Great Locomotive Chase . But , if Disney no longer is interested in their library of pre -80's films , perhaps they can license them to another company like Kino, Olive , or even Mill Creek.

Real Name
Mick Hyperion
A while back, I was elated to find Charley and the Angel on iTunes in HD. I agree that it would be best to have classics on disc rather than just digital, but looking at iTunes again today I'm seeing a number of the titles some of you are looking for and almost all of them are in HD.

- Darby O'Gill and the Little People
- In Search of the Castaways
- The Great Locomotive Chase
- So Dear to My Heart
- Third Man on the Mountain
- Davy Crockett and the River Pirates
- Ten Who Dared
- The Littlest Outlaw
- Those Calloways
- Toby Tyler
- The Wild Country
- Follow Me Boys
- The One and Only, Genuine, Original Family Band
- The Bears and I
- Westward Ho the Wagons! (Only in SD apparently)
- The Island on Top of the World
- The Gnome Mobile
- The Happiest Millionaire
- Treasure Island
- Candleshoe
- 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
- Swiss Family Robinson
- Old Yeller
- Parent Trap
- Pollyanna
- That Darn Cat
- The Absent Minded Professor
- Son of Flubber
- The Love Bug
- The Apple Dumpling Gang
- The Ugly Dachshund
- The Shaggy Dog
- The Shaggy D.A.
- The Million Dollar Duck
- The Monkey's Uncle

...and many, many more!

Sorry if this is old news or if iTunes and digital downloads are considered anathema. Seems to be the current route Disney has taken for releasing old catalog on HD.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
A while back, I was elated to find Charley and the Angel on iTunes in HD. I agree that it would be best to have classics on disc rather than just digital, but looking at iTunes again today I'm seeing a number of the titles some of you are looking for and almost all of them are in HD.

- Darby O'Gill and the Little People
- In Search of the Castaways
- The Great Locomotive Chase
- So Dear to My Heart
- Third Man on the Mountain
- Davy Crockett and the River Pirates
- Ten Who Dared
- The Littlest Outlaw
- Those Calloways
- Toby Tyler
- The Wild Country
- Follow Me Boys
- The One and Only, Genuine, Original Family Band
- The Bears and I
- Westward Ho the Wagons! (Only in SD apparently)
- The Island on Top of the World
- The Gnome Mobile
- The Happiest Millionaire
- Treasure Island
- Candleshoe
- 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
- Swiss Family Robinson
- Old Yeller
- Parent Trap
- Pollyanna
- That Darn Cat
- The Absent Minded Professor
- Son of Flubber
- The Love Bug
- The Apple Dumpling Gang
- The Ugly Dachshund
- The Shaggy Dog
- The Shaggy D.A.
- The Million Dollar Duck
- The Monkey's Uncle

...and many, many more!

Sorry if this is old news or if iTunes and digital downloads are considered anathema. Seems to be the current route Disney has taken for releasing old catalog on HD.
I started THIS THREAD four years ago with screencaps and everything, but there is very little interest in digital downloads on this forum. Sadly there will be a day when digital downloads will be the only option left for us.

Real Name
Mick Hyperion
I started THIS THREAD four years ago with screencaps and everything, but there is very little interest in digital downloads on this forum. Sadly there will be a day when digital downloads will be the only option left for us.
Very nice job!

I have long been converting my discs over to digital files (at a fairly generous bit rate) and watch most of my collection via Apple TV these days. I've also started appreciating purchased digital downloads vs. hard copies, depending on the title, as owning a large collection starts to become unwieldy after a while. I love the freedom to make playlists based on genres or studios or to mimic the programming of old tv stations I grew up watching and play them on shuffle for days at a time. My one fear with the purchased downloads however is that someday the powers that be may make the current files obsolete and unplayable on the then technology of the day by stopping support of certain video codecs or voiding previously purchased rights.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick

If we could download them in 1080p with the ability to legally burn Blu-ray quality copies, I'd be all in. Won't happen. As for Disney, I have seen most of the movies in Mick's post from the HD masters, and they look spectacular. THIRD MAN ON THE MOUNTAIN is particularly breathtaking, especially beside the horrid p&s DVD. Unlike other companies who might well be producing "HD" masters for streaming but only with sub-1080 resolution, my eyes tell me that Disney's are true 1080p. I drool thinking how wonderful it would be to own these on legitimate Blu-rays. Unless the Movie Club suddenly steps up their release schedule and begins to offer their real classics again, I think we collectors are out of luck.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
New Disney Movie Club mailing this week and keeping to the "every other month " release schedule there were no classic films on BD released this month . Personally , I can't help but think that the Disney organization has lost interest in these films . That of itself wouldn't be a bad thing if Disney would license these films out to a "third party". I'm sure that companies like Olive Films ,Twilight Time , Kino Lorber, or Mill Creek would love to have a crack at BD releases of films like in Search of The Castaways , Darby O'Gill, Great Locomotive Chase, Johnny Tremain or the Shaggy Dog. Anyone agree?

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
I want them to (Kino) to continue putting out the Disney Afternoon showson DVD that Disney stopped releasing half way through?

James

HonkyTonkMan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Erik
Amazingly, none of these titles have ever been released by Disney on DVD or Blu-Ray.
I would love to own such a significant amount of these Disney titles on factory pressed discs.

Song of the South
(1946)

The Horsemasters
(1961)
Mooncussers (1962)
Sancho, the Homing Steer (1962)
The Prince and the Pauper (1962)
Bristle Face (1964)
For the Love of Willadean (1964)
The Adventures of Gallegher (1964)
The Ballad of Hector, the Stowaway Dog (1964)
The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh (1964)
The Tenderfoot (1964)
The Further Adventures of Gallegher (1965)
Ballerina (1966)
Gallegher Goes West (1966)
The Legend of Young Dick Turpin (1966)
A Boy Called Nuthin' (1967)
Willie and the Yank: The Deserter (1967)
Willie and the Yank: The Mosby Raiders (1967)
Boomerang, Dog of Many Talents (1968)
Gallegher: The Mystery of Edward Sims (1968)
Pablo and the Dancing Chihuahua (1968)
The Treasure of San Bosco Reef (1968)
The Young Loner (1968)
Way Down Cellar (1968)
The Secret of Boyne Castle a.k.a. Guns in the Heather (1969)
Ride a Northbound Horse (1969)
Secrets of the Pirates' Inn (1969)

Smoke
(1970)
Snow Bear (1970)
The Wacky Zoo of Morgan City (1970)
Charlie Crowfoot and the Coatimundi (1971)
Hacksaw (1971)
Hamad and the Pirates (1971)
Lefty, the Dingaling Lynx (1971)
The Boy from Dead Man's Bayou (1971)
The Strange Monster of Strawberry Cove (1971)
Three Without Fear (1971)
Chandar, the Black Leopard of Ceylon (1972)
Michael O'Hara the Fourth (1972)
Run, Cougar, Run (1972)
The High Flying Spy (1972)
Chester, Yesterday's Horse (1973)
Mustang! (1973)
The Boy and the Bronc Buster (1973)
The Mystery in Dracula's Castle (1973)
Diamonds on Wheels (1974)
Hogwild (1974)
Return of the Big Cat (1974)
The Whiz Kid and the Mystery at Riverton (1974)
Two Against the Arctic (1974)
One of Our Dinosaurs Is Missing (1975)
Secret of the Pond (1975)
The Boy Who Talked to Badgers (1975)
The Footloose Goose (1975)
The Sky's the Limit (1975)
The Survival of Sam the Pelican (1976)
The Whiz Kid and the Carnival Caper (1976)
A Tale of Two Critters (1977)
Kit Carson and the Mountain Men (1977)
The Ghost of Cypress Swamp (1977)
The Track of the African Bongo (1977)
The Million Dollar Dixie Deliverance (1978)
The Young Runaways (1978)
Trail of Danger (1978)
Born to Run a.k.a. Harness Fever (1979)
Donovan's Kid (1979)
Shadow of Fear (1979)
The London Connection a.k.a. The Omega Connection (1979)
The Sky Trap (1979)

Last edited:

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Song of the South (1946)

Mooncussers
(1962)
Sancho, the Homing Steer (1962)
The Prince and the Pauper (1962)
Bristle Face (1964)
For the Love of Willadean (1964)
The Adventures of Gallegher (1964)
The Ballad of Hector, the Stowaway Dog (1964)
The Tenderfoot (1964)
The Further Adventures of Gallegher (1965)
Ballerina (1966)
Gallegher Goes West (1966)
The Legend of Young Dick Turpin (1966)
A Boy Called Nuthin' (1967)
Mosby's Marauders (1967)
Boomerang, Dog of Many Talents (1968)
Gallegher: The Mystery of Edward Sims (1968)
Pablo and the Dancing Chihuahua (1968)
The Treasure of San Bosco Reef (1968)
The Young Loner (1968)
Way Down Cellar (1968)
Guns in the Heather (1969)
My Dog, the Thief (1969)
Ride a Northbound Horse (1969)
Secrets of the Pirates' Inn (1969)

Smoke
(1970)
Snow Bear (1970)
The Wacky Zoo of Morgan City (1970)
Charlie Crowfoot and the Coati Mundi (1971)
Hacksaw (1971)
Hamad and the Pirates (1971)
Lefty, the Dingaling Lynx (1971)
The Boy from Dead Man's Bayou (1971)
The Strange Monster of Strawberry Cove (1971)
Three Without Fear (1971)
Chandar, the Black Leopard of Ceylon (1972)
Michael O'Hara the Fourth (1972)
Run, Cougar, Run (1972)
The High Flying Spy (1972)
Chester, Yesterday's Horse (1973)
Mustang! (1973)
The Boy and the Bronc Buster (1973)
The Mystery in Dracula's Castle (1973)
Diamonds on Wheels (1974)
Hogwild (1974)
Return of the Big Cat (1974)
The Whiz Kid and the Mystery at Riverton (1974)
Two Against the Arctic (1974)
One of Our Dinosaurs Is Missing (1975)
Secret of the Pond (1975)
The Boy Who Talked to Badgers (1975)
The Footloose Goose (1975)
The Sky's the Limit (1975)
The Whiz Kid and the Carnival Caper (1976)
A Tale of Two Critters (1977)
Barry of the Great St. Bernard (1977)
Kit Carson and the Mountain Men (1977)
The Ghost of Cypress Swamp (1977)
The Track of the African Bongo (1977)
The Million Dollar Dixie Deliverance (1978)
The Young Runaways (1978)
Trail of Danger (1978)
Born to Run a.k.a. Harness Fever (1979)
Donovan's Kid (1979)
Shadow of Fear (1979)
The London Connection a.k.a. The Omega Connection (1979)
The Sky Trap (1979)

I second you on this want list! I've managed to get a dozen episodes on "Homemade DVDs" but I'd like to get the entire series on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks