What's new

Unreleased Disney Movies & TV (1 Viewer)

HonkyTonkMan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Erik
Amazingly, none of these live-action titles have ever been released by Disney on DVD or Blu-Ray.
I would love to own such a significant amount of these Disney live-action titles on factory pressed discs.

Song of the South
(1946)

The Horsemasters
(1961)
Mooncussers (1962)
Sancho, the Homing Steer (1962)
The Prince and the Pauper (1962)
Bristle Face (1964)
For the Love of Willadean (1964)
The Adventures of Gallegher (1964)
The Ballad of Hector, the Stowaway Dog (1964)
The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh (1964)
The Tenderfoot (1964)
The Further Adventures of Gallegher (1965)
Ballerina (1966)
Gallegher Goes West (1966)
The Legend of Young Dick Turpin (1966)
A Boy Called Nuthin' (1967)
Willie and the Yank: The Deserter (1967)
Willie and the Yank: The Mosby Raiders (1967)
Boomerang, Dog of Many Talents (1968)
Gallegher: The Mystery of Edward Sims (1968)
Pablo and the Dancing Chihuahua (1968)
The Treasure of San Bosco Reef (1968)
The Young Loner (1968)
Way Down Cellar (1968)
The Secret of Boyne Castle a.k.a. Guns in the Heather (1969)
Ride a Northbound Horse (1969)
Secrets of the Pirates' Inn (1969)

Smoke
(1970)
Snow Bear (1970)
The Wacky Zoo of Morgan City (1970)
Charlie Crowfoot and the Coatimundi (1971)
Hacksaw (1971)
Hamad and the Pirates (1971)
Lefty, the Dingaling Lynx (1971)
The Boy from Dead Man's Bayou (1971)
The Strange Monster of Strawberry Cove (1971)
Three Without Fear (1971)
Chandar, the Black Leopard of Ceylon (1972)
Michael O'Hara the Fourth (1972)
Run, Cougar, Run (1972)
The High Flying Spy (1972)
Chester, Yesterday's Horse (1973)
Mustang! (1973)
The Boy and the Bronc Buster (1973)
The Mystery in Dracula's Castle (1973)
Diamonds on Wheels (1974)
Hogwild (1974)
Return of the Big Cat (1974)
The Whiz Kid and the Mystery at Riverton (1974)
Two Against the Arctic (1974)
One of Our Dinosaurs Is Missing (1975)
Secret of the Pond (1975)
The Boy Who Talked to Badgers (1975)
The Footloose Goose (1975)
The Sky's the Limit (1975)
The Survival of Sam the Pelican (1976)
The Whiz Kid and the Carnival Caper (1976)
A Tale of Two Critters (1977)
Kit Carson and the Mountain Men (1977)
The Ghost of Cypress Swamp (1977)
The Track of the African Bongo (1977)
The Million Dollar Dixie Deliverance (1978)
The Young Runaways (1978)
Trail of Danger (1978)
Born to Run a.k.a. Harness Fever (1979)
Donovan's Kid (1979)
Shadow of Fear (1979)
The London Connection a.k.a. The Omega Connection (1979)
The Sky Trap (1979)
I now have ten more old Disney live-action films to list that are still unreleased on DVD or Blu-Ray.
I would love to own each of these ten old Disney live-action films on factory pressed discs.

Stormy, the Thoroughbred (1954)
Cow Dog (1956)
Alaskan Sled Dog (1957)
Niok (1957)
The Wetback Hound (1957)
The Hound That Thought He Was a Raccoon (1960)
The Tattooed Police Horse (1964)
The Legend of the Boy and the Eagle (1967)
Hang Your Hat on the Wind (1969)
Footloose Fox (1979)

It really is incredible that such a large amount of very interesting old Disney live-action films from the 1960's and 1970's
are still unreleased on DVD or Blu-Ray.

Last edited:

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Wish
I now have ten more old Disney live-action films to list that are still unreleased on DVD or Blu-Ray.
I would love to own each of these ten old Disney live-action films on factory pressed discs.

Stormy, the Thoroughbred (1954)
Cow Dog (1956)
Alaskan Sled Dog (1957)
Niok (1957)
The Wetback Hound (1957)
The Hound That Thought He Was a Raccoon (1960)
The Tattooed Police Horse (1964)
The Legend of the Boy and the Eagle (1967)
Hang Your Hat on the Wind (1969)
Footloose Fox (1979)

It really is incredible that such a large amount of very interesting old Disney live-action films from the 1960's and 1970's
are still unreleased on DVD or Blu-Ray.

Wish they had an equivalent of WB Archives? Really.

James

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
If we are lucky, the new DuckTales cartoon might lead to them finally finishing the series' DVD run. They have 1 set remaining....

Since they had the foresight to save the negatives, they have also remastered Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers, Goof Troop and The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh in HD. You can get them on iTunes but as for when they will ever be on any kind of disc, who knows.

And yes, DuckTales needs to be remastered. They have the movie in HD on all the usual sites where you can buy them, but you'd think they'd have the series already ready in HD for the reboot.

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
If we are lucky, the new DuckTales cartoon might lead to them finally finishing the series' DVD run. They have 1 set remaining....

I would love to see them start finishing off the Disney Afternoon series. So many of the ones they released only require 1 more volume to finish their series off, like Ducktales, Darkwing Duck, Gummi Bears, etc... It'd be nice to see releases from other series, too, like Recess, Fillmore, Lilo & Stitch, American Dragon: Jake Long, and even the new Ducktales eventually. There's just so many that could & need to be released on dvd/blu-ray.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
I've been watching Disney's Aladdin series. It has its moments and I do wish it was out on DVD. The voice over cast do have their moments and I want to give them credit. Jerry Alexander does a pretty decent job with this villainous character as do some of the guest starts.

I like it, and wish it was out on DVD.

James

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
The Disney mailing arrived this week and as in previous months there are no releases of pre 1970 films on BD. The catalog/booklet now concentrates entirely on newer releases. So , I can't help but wonder if we've seen the last of exclusive classic vintage Disney film releases on Blu-ray through the club.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
The Disney mailing arrived this week and as in previous months there are no releases of pre 1970 films on BD. The catalog/booklet now concentrates entirely on newer releases. So , I can't help but wonder if we've seen the last of exclusive classic vintage Disney film releases on Blu-ray through the club.

To Quote President Trump, "Sad."

James

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I'd rather wait for more of the Walt-era films to be restored first than to be rushed out on Blu-ray with substandard masters. Some of the ones that have been on places like iTunes, VUDU and DMA occupy a quality between DVD and Blu-ray.

There seems to be a real antipathy towards anything from Walt's time in some corners of the studio. Someone who worked there for years told me that his suggestion about a cable channel covering the back catalog of the studio that by now goes back 94 years was very quickly rebuffed. We'll see how this streaming media service of theirs plays out.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I'd rather wait for more of the Walt-era films to be restored first than to be rushed out on Blu-ray with substandard masters. Some of the ones that have been on places like iTunes, VUDU and DMA occupy a quality between DVD and Blu-ray.

There seems to be a real antipathy towards anything from Walt's time in some corners of the studio. Someone who worked there for years told me that his suggestion about a cable channel covering the back catalog of the studio that by now goes back 94 years was very quickly rebuffed. We'll see how this streaming media service of theirs plays out.
I agree with you that these films need to be re-mastered in HD for best presentation . However, shouldn't Disney already be doing that ? Many of us that belong to the Disney Movie Club, do so , in order to acquire these films. And they will have to be re-mastered eventually at some point for broadcast on HD cable stations. It's funny , Disney was one of the most ardent supporters of Blu-ray, encouraging every member of the DMC to convert to that format . The least they can do is offer an occasional vintage film on BD for us "old timers ."

Grinnygog

Auditioning
Real Name
Kevin D. F. Highnight
Amazingly, none of these titles have ever been released by Disney on DVD or Blu-Ray.
I would love to own such a significant amount of these Disney titles on factory pressed discs.

Song of the South
(1946)

The Horsemasters
(1961)
Mooncussers (1962)
Sancho, the Homing Steer (1962)
The Prince and the Pauper (1962)
Bristle Face (1964)
For the Love of Willadean (1964)
The Adventures of Gallegher (1964)
The Ballad of Hector, the Stowaway Dog (1964)
The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh (1964)
The Tenderfoot (1964)
The Further Adventures of Gallegher (1965)
Ballerina (1966)
Gallegher Goes West (1966)
The Legend of Young Dick Turpin (1966)
A Boy Called Nuthin' (1967)
Willie and the Yank: The Deserter (1967)
Willie and the Yank: The Mosby Raiders (1967)
Boomerang, Dog of Many Talents (1968)
Gallegher: The Mystery of Edward Sims (1968)
Pablo and the Dancing Chihuahua (1968)
The Treasure of San Bosco Reef (1968)
The Young Loner (1968)
Way Down Cellar (1968)
The Secret of Boyne Castle a.k.a. Guns in the Heather (1969)
Ride a Northbound Horse (1969)
Secrets of the Pirates' Inn (1969)

Smoke
(1970)
Snow Bear (1970)
The Wacky Zoo of Morgan City (1970)
Charlie Crowfoot and the Coatimundi (1971)
Hacksaw (1971)
Hamad and the Pirates (1971)
Lefty, the Dingaling Lynx (1971)
The Boy from Dead Man's Bayou (1971)
The Strange Monster of Strawberry Cove (1971)
Three Without Fear (1971)
Chandar, the Black Leopard of Ceylon (1972)
Michael O'Hara the Fourth (1972)
Run, Cougar, Run (1972)
The High Flying Spy (1972)
Chester, Yesterday's Horse (1973)
Mustang! (1973)
The Boy and the Bronc Buster (1973)
The Mystery in Dracula's Castle (1973)
Diamonds on Wheels (1974)
Hogwild (1974)
Return of the Big Cat (1974)
The Whiz Kid and the Mystery at Riverton (1974)
Two Against the Arctic (1974)
One of Our Dinosaurs Is Missing (1975)
Secret of the Pond (1975)
The Boy Who Talked to Badgers (1975)
The Footloose Goose (1975)
The Sky's the Limit (1975)
The Survival of Sam the Pelican (1976)
The Whiz Kid and the Carnival Caper (1976)
A Tale of Two Critters (1977)
Kit Carson and the Mountain Men (1977)
The Ghost of Cypress Swamp (1977)
The Track of the African Bongo (1977)
The Million Dollar Dixie Deliverance (1978)
The Young Runaways (1978)
Trail of Danger (1978)
Born to Run a.k.a. Harness Fever (1979)
Donovan's Kid (1979)
Shadow of Fear (1979)
The London Connection a.k.a. The Omega Connection (1979)
The Sky Trap (1979)

The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh was released on a Disney Treasures set many years ago, but readily available online.

One Of Our Dinosaurs Is Missing was released on DVD by Anchor Bay before Di$ney stopped the partnership. Such a mistake - Anchor Bay did such an awesome job of restoring and releasing these rare films.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
They can't plead poverty

Is there a suggestion somewhere that I missed that they were pleading poverty? I don't get where this statement is coming from or what it has to do with unreleased movies and TV. We all know Disney (largely) massively successful, including the top three domestic grossers of 2018, all of which made over $600 million. And that's just their theatrical business.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Which means they can afford to release 1950s-1980s catalog titles on Blu-ray.

Okay, sure, I see your correlation now. But they obviously don't think it would sell enough to make such a release profitable. Whether or not that's actually true is debatable, but if they thought they would make money, they'd do it.

Song of the South is the only thing in their catalog that would make money that they won't release on moral/public image grounds.

Everything else, it's probably down to how much money they would make from such a release.

The fact that they can't plead poverty ALSO means that they're doing just fine without the money that these films would generate on Blu-ray.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Okay, sure, I see your correlation now. But they obviously don't think it would sell enough to make such a release profitable. Whether or not that's actually true is debatable, but if they thought they would make money, they'd do it.

They had so little faith in even the best of the Walt-era live-action titles that they made you join a club to buy them after years of their having been available in retail stores. It's not just money. It never is. That's part of it, but that's never the only thing. Executives are human and as such are not exactly without personal biases of their own.

Song of the South is the only thing in their catalog that would make money that they won't release on moral/public image grounds.

This is why I reject any and all arguments about "freedom of choice" when a large corporation makes that choice for you. And as for Disney's authority to decide what constitutes moral behavior, that ship has sailed and sank. You yourself mentioned Fantasia 2000 potentially becoming a liability, and of the two Elliott Gould movies they made, the one with the convicted rapist playing Satan was less creepy towards children.* The other one got the Blu-ray.** Neither of them could match the last two screen returns of Uncle Remus and Br'er Rabbit at the box office as new releases in theaters.***

If they're willing to forgo money on a film that has a higher IMDb score than many of the films they do release on "moral" grounds, why aren't they more willing to do that more often?

Everything else, it's probably down to how much money they would make from such a release.

That depends on the title. A movie shot in 1952 will need more TLC than one shot in 1992, but a flop will often have less wear on the negative than a hit.

The fact that they can't plead poverty ALSO means that they're doing just fine without the money that these films would generate on Blu-ray.

This sounds kind of contradictory. If they didn't think they'd make money, they wouldn't have even tried to release the films they actually did release for the club. None of these new films would be possible without the existing library that built up this studio in the first place. It costs very little to make a Blu-ray out of a pre-existing 1080p24 master compared to jacking up the price to essentially turn Disneyland into Marvelstarwarsland. Fox under Zanuck lost their shirts on 1967's Doctor Doolittle, but that didn't stop Fox today from letting Twilight Time give it a nice Blu-ray with extras and even a music-only track. Kino Lorber now has some of the Touchstone/Hollywood singles and doubles (mostly singles) and let them have modest extras. The Happiest Millionaire will be lucky to even get a disc and actually be uncut.

*Ironically, Adam Rich, despite his inability to parlay child stardom into a consistent working acting career as an adult, has still managed to outlive a bunch of his Eight is Enough co-stars.

**Oh, that reminds me: Disney now owns NYPD Blue.

***Yet from what I heard from ex-Disneyites who were there at the time, it was Herbie Goes Bananas that caused the biggest rift between Ron and Diane Miller. Meanwhile, 1955's The Littlest Outlaw, which actually had a Mexican director, only recently got a DVD after years of being out of print.

Last edited:

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Disney Movie Club hasn't released a vintage classic blu ray in a while , but now they're featuring films from other companies like Ferdinand .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks