What's new

Pre-Order BVHE Press Release: Chip 'n' Dale's Rescue Rangers : Season 1 (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
BRING HOME THE COMPLETE SERIES

OF TWO DISNEY FAVORITES

Text, whiteboard  Description automatically generated
A picture containing text, container, box  Description automatically generated

The Proud Family and Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers Complete Series Coming to Box Sets

The Proud Family: The Complete Original Series

20 years later, relive the adventures of The Proud Family. All 52 episodes of the original series available on Digital February 15 with the Anniversary Collection 7-disc DVD set coming March 15. Rewatch the complete original series before The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder, the highly-anticipated revival, premieres February 23 on Disney+.

Synopsis

Twenty years ago, we were introduced to Penny Proud, a young African American girl navigating through her teens – in spite of larger-than-life situations. Penny’s encounters with her friends, her over-protective parents and her too-hip granny spiral into adventures filled with hijinks, hilarity and heart. Relive all the moments in The Proud Family Complete Original Series Anniversary Collection.

Product Specifications

Release Date:
Digital: February 15

DVD: March 15

Packaging: DVD

Series Rating: Rated “TV-G”

Canadian Rating: Rated “G”

Quebec Classification: Rated “G”

Series Run Time: 1170 Minutes

Series Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1

Series Audio: English and Spanish 2.0 Dolby Digital Language Tracks

Series Subtitles: English SDH

Movie Run Time: 95 Minutes

Movie Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1

Movie Audio: English and Spanish 2.0 Dolby Digital Language Tracks

Movie Subtitles: English SDH and Spanish Subtitles

Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers: The Complete Series

Re-experience the mystery-adventures of your favorite chipmunk duo, Chip 'n' Dale. All 65 episodes of the original series available on Digital and on a 6-disc Blu-ray set arriving February 15.

Synopsis

For the first time on Blu-ray, go nuts over Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers, with all 65 episodes of sleuthing fun. Chip and Dale lead an eccentric group of animals solving mysteries in the human world and in their own. Tackling whodunits that fall through the cracks, these intrepid detectives are on the case!

Product Specifications

Release Date:
Digital: February 15

Blu-ray: February 15

Packaging: Blu-ray

Series Rating: Rated “TV-Y7”

Canadian Rating: Rated “G”

Quebec Classification: Rated “G”

Run Time: 1485 Minutes

Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1

Audio: English 2.0 Dolby Digital Language Track

Subtitles: English SDH

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It was back and forth whether this was going to be a DMC exclusive or not. It's been talked about a little in the DMC thread for a few weeks, but nobody was 100% sure what the status was until a couple days ago when a couple retailers actually added preorders.

Initially listed on a Canadian Wholesale site as wide, then reports from DMC it was exclusive and even had the artwork posted as a exclusive on their preorder listing for the first day, then suddenly removed the Exclusive artwork and language.
DMC started shipping their copies last week and several have received it already so DMC does seem to have a 3 week early window, but definitely a wide release.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
I doubt Disney's gonna bother fix any of this so I should point out that the HD prints on Disney+ are cropped to 1.78:1.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
People already have received the Blu-Ray. It's 4:3 throughout and the allegedly problematic episode is included (Which I don't know why folks were concerned about, since when I watched the series on Disney Plus late last year, it was present).

The only question I've yet to see answered is if the episode 'Prehysterical Pet' was able to be upgraded. Was all upscaled videotape on Disney Plus last year. I assume that continues to hold true, although it would be nice to see it fixed (Presumably the film elements are lost, heavily damaged, or misplaced so I'm not expecting to see an upgrade).

If nothing else, I'd like to have my curiosity satisfied for why that episode's film was unavailable for piecing back together for the HD remastering job that they did for the premier of Disney Plus. A disclaimer when selecting the episode would explain the drastic drop in quality for a single episode for the less informed viewers that don't understand like we do that this was created on film but edited on videotape (We're able to put 2 and 2 together and basically guess what went on when we see an obvious videotape source).

So I suspect there's a hint on the disc that has this episode to explain to people why it looks so bad in comparison to the others.

Last edited:

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Any extras? Any interviews with Tress MacNeille? Cory Burton? Any stories about how popular Gadget became? Feel the Fizz.

--jthree

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
It says season 1 on the forum heading, but it looks like it's the complete series. I don't think the last 13 episodes ever made it to DVD.
--jthree

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Any extras? Any interviews with Tress MacNeille? Cory Burton? Any stories about how popular Gadget became? Feel the Fizz.

--jthree
Don't think anyone has mentioned anything and the cover doesn't say anything significant.
Generally I wouldn't expect extras on a release like this at all (TV Sets)

Confirmed OAR
Prehysterical Pets I;m pretty sure is the same upscaled item
65 episodes
No DMI points

So far I'm not reading of any problems/defects from the few in-hand reports

s-l1600.jpg

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein