What's new

"UNFAITHFUL" at last! (1 Viewer)

Trevor Bateman

Stunt Coordinator
I've heard that 20th Century Fox are gonna be releasing the hit adultery thriller "UNFAITHFUL" starring Diane Lane and Richard Gere on December 17th.

The film which has taken $100 million+ at the worldwide boxoffice (and still has to open in Asia) was directed by Adrian Lyne (Fatal Attraction).

The date is tentative (of course) and no details of the specs and supplements were forthcoming.

I loved this film and hope that Fox do a great Special Edition (2 discs hopefully!).

Craig

Second Unit
I've seen most of Diane Lane's earlier films, but haven't seen her in anything lately. I'm certainly looking forward to seeing more of her in 'Unfaithful'.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Wes C

Supporting Actor
I loved this in the theaters but im not sure I'll be buying it. I'll have to see if the specs catch my eye.

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
Does anyone know if DTS will be on it? 2 disc set? It's a long movie so I hope it's 2 discs with loads of supplements.

Trevor Bateman

Stunt Coordinator
My query is regarding the critical and commercial hit thriller "Unfaithful" starring Diane Lane and Richard Gere.

This highly acclaimed hit film by Adrian Lyne has now grossed over $100 million at the worldwide boxoffice (and still going).

Could you release a 'loaded' special edition of this great title on DVD (2 discs would be great!), and could you also use the stylish, classy and sexy 'A' version of the theatrical artwork (the one with Diane Lane laying on Olivier Martinez's bare chest) for the DVD and VHS cover artwork?

Please use it as it has become the movies symbol.

Many thanks,

Trevor.

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
Fox,

If Adrian Lyne is O.K. with it - please could you use "seamless branching" on the "UNFAITHFUL" DVD release so that the film can be playable with all deleted scenes and alternate endings as part of the film? So that the viewer can watch different versions of the film if they wish. Obviously, this would mean that the deleted scenes and alternate endings would need to be anamorphic and in Dolby Digital and DTS (if applicable), which would be nice anyway.

Lastly, please do include all the films trailers and TV trailers. They were excellent! The HBO "First Look" and the "Making Of Unfaithful" documentaries and cast and crew bios. Oh, and some commentaries would be great as well.

Thanx.

Seamless branching. Yeah, that would be GREAT!

I too thought that the trailers and TV spots were excellent. I hope that they are all included.

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
The Diane Lane and Richard Gere $104 million (so far) worldwide hit "Unfaithful" is coming to DVD as a loaded special edition on December 10th. One week before "Minority Report". This Xmas is gonna be expensive!
Also, "Unfaithful" Diane Lane has been nominated for the Hollywood Actress of the Year Award at the Hollywood Award's held in early October.
Vote here: http://movies.yahoo.com/movieawards/

Tom Oh

Second Unit
I will be buying this after having seen it on the plane. This is a good film to show your wife. Much like Fatal Attarction was for the husbands.

aldamon

Second Unit
Damn, when I put this movie in my Netflix pre-release queue the release date was October 2002. Now it says TBA. Damnit, now I know why. :frowning: Extra features are nice and all, but I don't get them with Netflix unless I order disc 2.

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
"UNFAITHFUL" loaded special edition - December 17th!!!
The full specs for the smash hit Diane Lane / Richard Gere thriller "Unfaithful" (the latest controversial tale of infidelity from Adrian "Fatal Attraction" Lyne):
1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen transfer
English 5.1 dolby digital soundtrack
English and French 2.0 dolby surround tracks
English and Spanish subtitles
Audio commentary by director and producer Adrian Lyne
Audio commentary with stars Diane Lane and Richard Gere
11 deleted scenes with optional commentary
Alternate ending with optional commentary
"An Affair to Remember – Making of Unfaithful" featurette
"Scene Editing with editor Anne Coates" featurette
Charlie Rose Show interview with Diane Lane
Director's script notes
Still gallery
Theatrical trailers and TV spots
Cast and info: Link Removed
Release date: December 17th, 2002
"Unfaithful" has now grossed $110 million at the boxoffice to date, and Diane Lane has been nominated for several awards for her lead performance. If you like the movie, this looks like a great DVD package!

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
Lets see:

2 audio commentaries(one with the director, the other with the two main actors)

11 deleted scenes with or without commentary

alternate ending with commentary

making of featurette

editing featurette

interview, gallery, trailers, tv spots, script notes......

Why on earth would we need a 5 Star release of this movie? This has as many features as some 5 Star releases, and its unlikey they will do a 5 Star rerelease for a newer movie, especially since the special edition itself looks great. I think we should be happy with what we get. And we dont need DTS for every movie, for this movie especially since it is mostly dialogue driven.

Trevor Bateman

Stunt Coordinator
I agree - it is a great DVD package that Fox and New Regency have put together. I just think that you can never get enough of a good thing. I still hope Fox will revisit it some day, but the current DVD looks GREAT all the same!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks