What's new

Two Sought After Elvis Films - Will They Ever See Dvd? (1 Viewer)

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
I would just like to ask if anyone out there shares the same thoughts on this subject-when are they ever going to release Girls!Girls!Girls! and It Happened At The World's Fair ( I could also throw in Fun In Alcapulco & Kid Galahad ). Any Elvis fan knows that the first two titles have been OOP on VHS for sometime and consistently command high (if not outrageous) prices and as far as I can see have never been released in their OAR. So for all of us that can't get enough of those lighthearted Elvis flicks- WHAT'S GOING ON HERE! (you would think the studios involved would see the profit potential). Outside of any legal issues or film restoration problems- I NEED MY ELVIS FIX! There, I feel better now! :) :) Comments anyone?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Well, it won't help you as far as those go, but did you know Wild in the Country, Flaming Star, and Love Me Tender will be coming out August 13?

I could have sworn I had Fun in Acapulco on DVD, but I guess I'm thinking of the VHS box, which had the same art as the DVD releases. I know I have King Creole and one other.

EricCr

Stunt Coordinator
The last I heard "It Happened At The World's Fair" is caught up in ownership limbo. I contacted MGM, the studio that put out the VHS copy I managed to track down, and was told they no longer had the rights. The person said they thought Paramount bought them. When I contacted Paramount they then said MGM had bought the rights back. It sounds like no one knows who actually owns the film anymore. I really wish this would get released, it is one of his better films I think.

Christian R

Agent
If WORLD FAIR is an MGM film...then actually Warner Bros. owns the rights now. Warner owns all of MGM's films pre-1990 (don't ask why) If it's United Artist, then MGM DOES still have the rights. Hope this helps. But if it's Warner Bros.- don't hold your breath.
By the way in case any Elvis fans care CHANGE OF HABITS is also coming out!!!

EricCr

Stunt Coordinator
Looking at the packaging on the VHS it looks like it is MGM not UA so we may be in for a long wait. The package has the old MGM/UA logo on it and says copyright MGM/UA home video but the original film is listed copyright MGM. At least now we know who to start lobbying for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks