Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me Latest Info

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eric Ansley, Dec 16, 2001.

1. Eric Ansley

Eric Ansley Auditioning

Hey All;
    I'm pretty new here, but seeing as there has been a lot of interest here regarding the Twin Peaks Pilot/First Season Collection DVDs, I thought you all should know the latest news regarding the Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me DVD, as it stands now. Peaks fans have been waiting for years now to see if New Line Cinema would put up the money to aquire the Deleted Scenes ( I believe 17 in all, almost an hours with) from the European owners. David Lynch himself would like to complete these scenes, which feature many cast members from the show that were cut from the movie, including some of the last footage ever shot of Lynch's personal friend, Jack Nance (aka Pete Martell from the tv show) For awhile now, it has been New Lines's position to NOT release the DVD without the deleted scenes, but It look like that may not not be the case anymore. Here is an excerpt from a chat with David Lynch from his new website, DavidLynch.com:
    bkursar [2:40 PM PST]: David, any updates on whether New Line is going to pay for the Deleted Scenes to be mixed and editied for the Twin Peaks FWWM DVD ?
    bkursar [2:41 PM PST]: They are still telling the fans that they are "negotiating with the rights holders"
    DAVIDLYNCH [2:41 PM PST]: I DON'T THINK NEWLINE IS GOING TO SPRING FOR IT
    So while there hasn't been any kind of official announcment regarding the DVD, even David Lynch himself thinks they aren't going to give in to the fan pressure. So basically this is probably your LAST CHANCE to let New Line know how much you want these, fellow Peakers. Their Email Addy is
    [email protected]

2. MaxY

MaxY Guest

The DVD set is in stores this Tuesday so whatever is going to happen has happened allready. [​IMG]
    Max

3. Eric Ansley

Eric Ansley Auditioning

I'm talking about the Theatrical movie, Fire Walk With Me, not the First Season Box set that's coming out on the 18th.

4. Dwayne

Dwayne Supporting Actor

Sent yet another email:

5. Michael St. Clair

From what I have heard, the Season 1 TV set has sold well beyond expectations.
    Hopefully New Line factors this into their decision making process.
    Edit: Amazon sales rank for the TV series Season 1 is 36. 36!

6. John Sullmeyer

John Sullmeyer Second Unit

New Line has delayed this release almost 2 years just to try and accquire the Deleted Scenes.

I was there at Studio Day a few years back when thier VP of Marketing said "Yes, there will be deleted scenes on our upcoming FWWM DVD".

Come on New Line. Your fans are counting on you.

-JS

7. Eric Ansley

Eric Ansley Auditioning

Well folks, here's the official word from New Line on Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me, and if you you were still hoping for the 17 deleted scenes, prepare to be dissapointed. Here's the item from over at DVDFile:
    December 18
    I am the muffin - 12:29am
    Alright, Twin Peaks fans, here it is. New Line has sent out info to retailers announcing a 2/26 street date for the long-awaited Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me special edition. The disc includes the 134-minute cut of the film, a new 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen transfer, English Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 tracks, a new original documentary on the film, and the theatrical trailer. No deleted scenes are listed; however, we expect the official press release from New Line by the end of the year or so, so stay tuned for the final specs. Retail is only $19.95.
    I already sent a pissed off (but polite) Email to [email protected] doubt It will do any good, but it made me feel better [​IMG]

8. Michael St. Clair

Noooooooooooooooo!

9. Tony Mirra

Tony Mirra Stunt Coordinator

Damn.
    Oh well, the movie's the important thing; everything else is just gravy. As long as it looks and sounds better than it ever has, I'm sure I'll forget about the deleted scenes.
    This my favorite film of all time, and I would have loved to see these scenes. Thanks New Line[​IMG]
    Although DTS and a documentary kinda make up for it.

10. Ted Todorov

Ted Todorov Producer

Can someone explain to me the relationship between the pilot and the movie: is the movie the pilot with an ending tacked on or is it something completely different?

Ted

11. streeter

streeter Screenwriter

Michael
    who are the European owners?

Perhaps they are the ones who need to be convinced...

12. BrianB

BrianB Producer

13. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

With any luck New Line will read the raves that Artisan is getting about doing Season One right and the sales figures and reconsider. It kills me that these deleted scenes are all done and ready to go, with Lynch's approval, and New Line won't pony up the cash. [​IMG]

14. Cynthia

Cynthia Stunt Coordinator

I sent them an email. There's still time to change their minds.

15. Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux Screenwriter

I am kinda dissapointed in David Lynch of late first he charges a $9.95 per month fee to be able to see the good content of his site. now he is holding up new line for alot of $$$ for deleted scenes you would think mr. lynch would want them on there. So i am not gonna put the blame on newline its getting outta hand now movie stars gonna refuse to do commentary's and whatnot in the future unless their paid big bucks and now directors refusing to give content to the studio for their own damn movie unless they pony up. Shame on hollywood and shame on you mr. lynch

16. BrianB

BrianB Producer

17. Cynthia

EDIT: Oops, BrianB beat me to it. [​IMG]

18. Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux Screenwriter

Well who has the deleted scenes in their possesion its DAVID LYNCH my friend. so who is asking for the money his pet hamster ? [​IMG]

19. Cynthia

David Lynch doesn't hold the rights to the deleted scenes. They're not his to give to New Line, unfortunately.

20. Michael St. Clair

Exactly. Physically holding a negative and owning the rights to actually publish it are two very, very different things.