What's new

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me Latest Info (1 Viewer)

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
Well who has the deleted scenes in their possesion its DAVID LYNCH my friend. so who is asking for the money his pet hamster ?
possession does not equal copyright ownership. you don't own the copyright on the films on the DVDs you own. likewise, Lynch doesn't own the copyright on the deleted scenes from FWWM, even if he does possess a copy of them.
DJ

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
i stand corrected then. I still stick by what i said though about being dissapointed in mr. lynch. During his chat the other day i got the impression from him that he had the scenes a misunderstanding i guess.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
No. He has completed the post on the deleted scenes and the sound transfer and approved them for the disc. Lynch is NOT the problem here. It's not clear to me why ciby2000 owns the deleted scenes, but they're the greed-filled ones.

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
New Line is appeasing the masses by making FWWM a $19.95 MSRP.

About FWWM, it is a prequel. Laura Palmer is ALIVE (and quite the nasty girl) in the film. In the SERIES, she is DEAD.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Funny, when I suggested that New Line could raise the $$ for the deleted scenes by tacking a couple bucks on to the MSRP, someone jumped all over me saying that the MSRP for New Line was set in stone and there was no way it could be different. If they can knock it down $5, why couldn't they jack it up 5$ to satisfy ciby2000's greedy maw?

Jeffrey Gray

Second Unit
What's so important about these deleted scenes? I'm not into Lynch or Twin Peaks, so I'd like to know what makes these deleted scenes so important.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
What's so important about these deleted scenes? I'm not into Lynch or Twin Peaks, so I'd like to know what makes these deleted scenes so important.
Lynch scripted & filmed a whole bunch of extra footage for the film that feature characters from the series (but not in the finished film), scenes that advance the story & characters, scenes that round out the first half of the film etc.

Some scenes weren't even fully scripted & are even more 'mysterious' because of it - some of Lynch's best stuff is effectively written on the fly.

Basically, this deleted footage isn't your average scenes deleted for running time or because it was rubbish that you get on a lot of DVDs. This is footage fans have been campaigning for *years* to see.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Harry Truman singing to Josie Packard

A phone call from Doctor Jacoby to Laura Palmer

Johnny Horne's birthday party

A fight between Agent Chet Desmond and Sheriff Cable

A conversation between Ed and Norma inside a truck

Bobby's parents reading from the bible

A conversation between Agent Cooper and Sam Stanley in Stanley's apartment

Phillip Jeffries in Buenos Aires

An additional dinner at the Palmer house where Leland sings happily

Lucy in the sheriff station discussing racoons with Sheriff Truman.

And some scenes from the theatrical version were extended, with more dialogues.

Twin Peaks is like a cult for some- and any scrap of extra stuff that could offer more view inside this crazy and wonderful world, I'd wait in line to see.

-Vince

Mark E J

Second Unit
quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've also heard that there several scenes cut out that took place AFTER the cliffhanger final episode of the series.

This is unfortunate because Twin Peaks is ultimately an unfinished work, and many fans were looking for the deleted scenes for some closure.

Eric Ansley

Auditioning
I guess I´m having mixed feelings today....On the one hand, I´m THRILLED that the movie is finally coming out on dvd, but on the other hand, we obsessive Peakers have been trying for YEARS to get the deleted scenes included in some form, since well before dvd existed in fact.Since way back when in the Laserdisc and VHS days,actually. For Peaks Freaks like myself, seeing the final footage shot of most of the cast members would be awesome. ESPECIALLY since we know that Lynch is more than willing to include them. Oh well. Maybe Artisan will spring for them, and include them as extras for one of the upcoming Twin Peaks Series DVDs. They obviously don´t seem to mind pulling out all the stops when it comes to extras,thank goodness. And the saga continues...

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
New Line maybe had to force the fact down ciby2000's throat that they'd get nothing if they didn't come down in price.

I mean, what is ciby2000 going to do with the footage now? Nothing. Ultimately the upper hand is with New Line since ciby2000 would have a hard time releasing a DVD that contained nothing but a few minutes of deleted scenes! The only way for them to make money is to accept an offer from New Line.

The lack of a deal may make ciby2000's legal team look bad, and increase the chances that in the future they'll be more reasonable.

Mark E J

Second Unit
Ultimately the upper hand is with New Line since ciby2000 would have a hard time releasing a DVD that contained nothing but a few minutes of deleted scenes!
There was some hints all through FWWM to a conclusion to this storyline but it was never shown. I was under the immpression that this was part of the deleted footage.

BTW does antone think that ciby2000 might release ALL of the deleted footage on their own. I think there is about two and a half hours worth of footage all together. This certainly wouldn't as good as having the selected scenes presented on the DVD the way Lynch wanted them. But I think that a lot of people would probably by a seperate DVD of lost footage if it was released.

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
I would certainly buy a DVD of deleted scenes. There's one scene in particular that I've been dying to see again.

That's right- again.

Several months before the movie came out, I was flipping around on C-Band satellite TV and came across a very cool-looking movie I didn't recognize. It was in English, but had French subtitles. David Bowie seemed to be the main character, but then Kyle MacLachlan appeared, obviously playing Agent Cooper. I realized I was seeing footage from the Twin Peaks movie (!), but by the time I put in a tape to record it, it was over. It turned out to be a clip that was being shown during an interview with David Bowie. The interview was dubbed into French, so I couldn't tell what they were saying. I watched to see if they showed more, but I was out of luck.

I was surprised when I later saw the complete film, that the scene I saw was nowhere to be found. (David Bowie is, in fact, barely in the movie at all.)

Unfortunately, I've pretty much forgotten what happened during the scene. I was very late at night, I was very tired, it was over before I really knew what it was, and now I've had 10 years to forget it. I want to see these deleted scenes, if only to refresh my memory.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
first of all, I thought that CIBY 2000 is no more. They dissolved in 1998, didn't they?

Second of all, David Lynch sued CIBY 2000 after Lost Highway and won millions of dollars. They had signed a 4-picture contract starting with FWWM, but after the second film (Lost Highway) CIBY 2000 refused to fund his remaining two films (as stated in their contract). I think CIBY 2000, if they still exist, would be pretty bitter about this whole situation.

Whoever owns those scenes now (and I don't know who that is, since to my knowledge CIBY 2000 doesn't exist anymore) is who we need to convince. New Line has done all they could. They held up this release for 2 years and finally gave up and are releasing it without the deleted scenes.

If anyone knows who we need to talk to, let's hear it!

update: at a chat session last night, DL said it's a new French company that owns the deleted scenes. He didn't say which one.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
by the way, davidlynch.com is awesome. Worth $9.97/month if you're really into Lynch's movies.

Where are the bananas?

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Hm, maybe the French company is holding it up for a French DVD release? Who owns the overseas video rights to Fire Walk With Me?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.