What's new

'Twin Peaks:Fire Walk with Me' deleted scenes for R2 (1 Viewer)

James D. Houston

Auditioning
Just read the following on Garth Franklin's Dark Horizons website:
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me (DVD): Good news for David Lynch fans, especially for Europeans or those who just LOVE to import (and can play PAL). Moviehole reports that the Region 2 French DVD version of the movie-followup to the TP series WILL contain the deleted scenes that are not in the upcoming US R1 edition (despite months of arguments and pressure to include them). The company MK2 is responsible for the R2 inclusion, they've been working on the disc for some time and have satisfied everyone in regards to film rights and usage over the footage. Its still early stages though with the disc not due out till September. Thanks to 'Clint'.
And to annoy our friends in Region 4, Dark Horizons also reports that Warner Home Video Australia's release of Harry Potter will be Pan & Scam only

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
That is total CRAP!!! Why can the Region 2 disc have all of the deleted scenes while we have to "settle" for just the film as is? Man! living in North America is getting suckier and suckier. Rant mode Off :)

Lawrence Davis

Stunt Coordinator
I'm definitely buying this one. I just hope the deleted scenes have been treated properly. David Lynch outlined a series of steps that needed to be followed to get these scenes (on 35mm film) presentable.

Cynthia

Stunt Coordinator
This is GREAT news (for those of us with region-free players)! I wasn't planning on buying New Line's release unless they worked a bit harder to get the deleted scenes on the DVD. I think they could've at least tried up until Artisan released the last of the TV series.

Larry P

Stunt Coordinator
I can Not live in a world where France gets this and America doesn't! Goodbye cruel world.....::shoots himself::

Vincent Matis

Second Unit
Real Name
Vincent Matis
Why can the Region 2 disc have all of the deleted scenes
It's not all of R2 that gets this... Apparently only France.
TP:FWWM was produced by a French company (Ciby2000), maybe that's the reason... Ciby2000 is now defunct (probably the only victim of the Y2K bug :)), and MK2 (editors of Truffaut's DVD) picked up the rights...
Vincent

Will K

Screenwriter
Looks like it's time to bite the bullet and invest in some multi-region equipment, no?

Rich P

Stunt Coordinator
Is it my imagination or does this whole thing sound a lot like the Dune Mini-series release. R1 was bare bones while R2 was laden w/ goodies and extras. Then months later, a new R1 version is released with the goodies and extras. The news that at least some version is being released with the deleted scenes is encouraging for me. That means (in my naive opinion) that there is some possibility of an R1 release with the same extras. One can only hope.

John Sullmeyer

Second Unit
Just FYI, the rumors from Dark Horizons are UNCONFIRMED Found this on Dugpa.com:
February 7th 2002
FWWM DVD in Region 2 from MK2... Possibly Another Chance for Deleted Scenes
Today I just received word that MK2, the French company and Rights Holders to FWWM, are planning to release Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me on Region 2 DVD in September of this year. Although no extras have been announced, there is speculation that MK2 will try and release Deleted Scenes on this disc. Now I don't want to get anyones hopes up, and so far, I don't believe Lynch has been contacted by MK2 for this release as of yet.
The question now is... Do you want a possible second chance to see those scenes make it to the public in some way, shape, or form ? Then let MK2 know today. Send them an email at: [email protected] and show your support... even if you don't live in France. As always, please, be polite, and when asking that they include Deleted Scenes, also request that the make the DVD as a Region 0 DVD (much like the Hong Kong Twin Peaks Pilot DVD and the UK FWWM DVD) so EVERYONE WORLDWIDE can play it on their home DVD players without buying a Region Free DVD player, and that they include an ENGLISH language track, just incase. Also, be sure to request that the scenes get edited and scored by David Lynch himself. Click here to check out the original article at DVDFR.com and start sending those emails.

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
I'm almost certain that there were some legal issues preventing the R1 DVD from containing the deleted scenes that are going to be on the R2 version. Maybe someone else can confirm this.

John Sullmeyer

Second Unit
R1 will not have Deleted Scenes because New Line did not want to pay. This came from Lynch in his chat room.
As for the Region 2 news, http://www.dugpa.com reported this today:
>
Dark Horizons Report on MK2 and Deleted Scenes is Wrong
Today Dark Horizons reported that MK2 confirmed Deleted Scenes on their upcoming Region 2 FWWM DVD. This however was reported incorrectly, as no specs have been confirmed for this disc. Again, if you would like to see Deleted Scenes released on the upcoming Region 2 FWWM DVD from MK2, please send an email to [email protected] and ask for them specifically.
>
So the fight goes on...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks