What's new

TWILIGHT TIME MOVIES PRESS RELEASE: It's Twilight Time For Us! Our "Goodbye" & "Gratitude" Sale (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
At this rate, I doubt there will be very much stock left for SAE to acquire once TT's site ceases operations.

With all due respect to SAE for their partnership with TT over the years, wouldn't it be great if TT got to bow out having sold out of their entire stock?

Would be nice, but ASSUMING they don't sweeten the pot again lowering the price of a bunch of the 11.95 titles I'll be shocked if they come close to selling out most of the remaining title

40 days to go and the average units per day is started to get pretty thin right now. Approx 250 yesterday and I'm not sure if they've moved 100 today. Maybe people have spend there monthly allowance or the CLEARANCE craziness is now back to people looking at the titles themselves

14 titles with 700-1000 individual units left
40 titles with more than 250 units left and only one of those selling consistently 10+ units per day (Bandolero)

AlexNH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex Koutroubas
So does this mean the orders should start getting shipped sooner? I ordered May 10 still nothing.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I guess they're not getting further behind, but how deep the pile is isn't known.

for a warehouse whose prior definition of getting slammed meant 200 orders/day during a sale now getting around 8000 orders in 5 days or less it's probably going to take a while. And that being compounded by the warehouse being under some COVID restrictions which exist even in Texas -- not sure it that's means far fewer people inside at once, or with other restrictions to person and article flow

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
The only TT title I was disappointed with was the virgin soldiers. I figure that might be one of the last ones left. Of course I’ve been accused of bad taste before so who knows....

Reactions: PMF

Allansfirebird

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sean
I ordered on the 10th, #72251, and I'm still waiting on shipment. I'm getting increasingly worried I'm not going to get all 11 titles I ordered...

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
A few pages back, people were comparing shipping between TT's site and SAE's site.

For what I have purchased, TT has been cheaper.

Of course, I've bought one title at a time and shipped within the United States, so I don't know how this compares to the larger orders that some of the rest of you have been placing.

But for me:

At Twilight Time, I ordered How to Succeed for $11.95 and was charged $5.46 shipping for a total of $17.45. I did the same thing again later with Suddenly Last Summer for the same price point.

At SAE today, I ordered Anastasia for $14.95 and was charged $6.40 shipping for a total of $21.45. I did this because TT was already sold out of Anastasia, but I certainly noticed the difference in shipping. It's worth it because I wanted to make sure my friend got Anastasia as a gift, and I'm not complaining about it. But in retrospect it would have been cheaper to do it earlier at TT while they still had stock.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
SAE and TT shipping up to 10 discs were pretty equal (domestically), but SAE bumped their incremental cost from 1.55 to 2.00 earlier this week so now TTM wins across the board. 10 discs were about $20 S/H on both sites, now SAE is $24+ (plus the $1/2/3 price differentials)

International shipping when I looked a couple weeks ago, SAE was decidedly cheaper depending on size of the order and destination. I haven't looked this week after the Domestic shipping change

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I don't need enough discs from them for shipping costs of ten or more discs to be an issue. I appreciate Twilight Time's work, I love the small handful of discs that I've gotten from them, and I look forward to receiving the others that have yet to arrive. But I have to draw the line somewhere. I'm sure they have lots of great titles I'm not familiar with, but I think I'm done now. The only thing left I could do would be searching for random blind buys. But I've spent enough getting the ones I am familiar with that I don't feel the need to do that.

Suddenly Last Summer was a blind buy, but I already know I like Tennessee Williams, so that's fine. If I go adding a bunch of titles to my cart that I'm curious to see but not really invested in, that would get unduly expensive in what has already been a very expensive month. So I think I'm going to stop here. Of course, I said that after How to Succeed and after State Fair. So I could change my mind. But I doubt it.

Last edited:

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I don't need enough discs from them for shipping costs of ten or more discs to be an issue. I appreciate Twilight Time's work, and I'm sure they have lots of great titles I'm not familiar with, but I think I'm done now. The only thing left I could do would be searching for random blind buys. I've spent enough getting the ones I am familiar with that I don't feel the need to do that. Suddenly Last Summer was a blind buy, but I know I like Tennessee Williams, so that's fine. But if I go adding a bunch of titles to my cart that I'm not really invested in, that would get unduly expensive in what has already been a very expensive month. So I think I'm going to stop here. Of course, I said that after How to Succeed and after State Fair. So I could change my mind. But I doubt it.

Basically it was 5.55 for the 1st at TTM then 1.50-1.80 per disc up to around 10 then TTM changes to Fed Ex instead of USPS for most orders and the incremental above that is around 0.50. There was a few disc totals from 5-10 from SAE was a little cheaper, but not now. Anything above 10 discs TTM was dramatically lower with very large orders.

SAE is 6.40 for the first disc and now $2.00 ea added (was 1.55) .

Although people complained about SAE horrible S/H costs and TTM being drastically cheaper, it was never really the case for most normal orders unless you had one of their $2 per unit promo codes for reviewing items from an earlier order.

Certainly I would preferred they keep the MM option, but when you're talking $4/6/8/12 titles, adding $1-2 per title wasn't a deal breaker for me especially not if the alternative was dawdling long enough to lose an item to sell out. Of course I bought my first 100-120+ at full price so what do I know,.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Certainly I would preferred they keep the MM option

Personally, I have had enough terrible experiences with media mail over the years with lots of stuff getting permanently lost that I'm happy to pay more for these. Especially because we are talking about titles that are now in extremely limited supply or sold out, it would be near impossible to replace them if my initial orders didn't get here. So to me, the peace of mind from having them go faster than media mail is worth it.

The titles I have yet to receive are State Fair (shipped already with one of my friend's orders), Suddenly Last Summer (which hasn't shipped yet but appears to be popular, so will likely sell out soon) and Anastasia (bought today from SAE as a gift for another friend. I would be distraught if any of these failed to arrive, but especially so with Anastasia because it's not for me and my friend is excited to receive a surprise. (She knows she's getting something because I had it sent directly to her, and I didn't want her to wonder where the package came from, but she has no clue what will be inside.) Of course it would have been nicer to pay less shipping -- who wants to pay more? -- but I'm okay with this under the circumstances.

Since you seem to be an expert on the numbers, David: Do you know how many copies of Anastasia are left at SAE? I know it's been shown as "low quantity" since March, which is when I bought mine in the initial SAE sale before TT announced theirs. I was able to order my friend's gift copy at SAE this afternoon, and I have order confirmation that it went through. So I assume she will get it. But I'm naturally curious how close it is to selling out there. I didn't see anything on the product page indicating the remaining number when I ordered it today.

Last edited:

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Since you seem to be an expert on the numbers, David: Do you know how many copies of Anastasia are left at SAE? I know it's been shown as "low quantity" since March, which is when I bought mine in the initial SAE sale before TT announced theirs. I was able to order my friend's gift copy at SAE this afternoon, and I have order confirmation that it went through. So I assume she will get it. But I'm naturally curious how close it is to selling out there. I didn't see anything on the product page indicating the remaining number when I ordered it today.

Nearly impossible to know at SAE other than above 50 and after it goes below 50, things go away very fast
My best guess is Cutters Way and Zelig may be 50-100 and last I read Anastasia was still above 100, but that was a couple weeks ago

Suddenly Last Summer is selling better than most, but still 170 at TTM plus what SAE has

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
last I read Anastasia was still above 100, but that was a couple weeks ago

If it hasn't gone below 50 yet, that should still be more than enough to ensure that they won't have a problem fulfilling the one I bought today. Good. Thanks.

Suddenly Last Summer is selling better than most, but still 170 at TTM plus what SAE has

I bought that from TT on Wednesday after you mentioned it selling a lot of copies, so I feel very secure about that. It might not ship for a while, but that's fine.

Do you happen know how SAE's fulfillment time compares with TT's at this point in time? I'm sure they are both slammed. My friend does not need Anastasia early -- she technically doesn't even know she's getting it -- so if it waits a few weeks, she won't care. Her birthday is in July, and it had been my plan to get it for her then, but TT's closing accelerated that plan so I could make sure she got one.

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
Do you happen know how SAE's fulfillment time compares with TT's at this point in time? I'm sure they are both slammed.

SA is filling orders much faster than TT. I placed two orders with SA and one with TT within a day of each other. Both SA orders already arrived, while I'm still waiting on a shipping notice from TT.

While both retailers have been slammed since the announcement, I'm sure that most of the orders went to TT first as they have the lower sale prices. I only ordered from SA because some of the titles I wanted were already out of stock at TT.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
If it hasn't gone below 50 yet, that should still be more than enough to ensure that they won't have a problem fulfilling the one I bought today. Good. Thanks.

I bought that from TT on Wednesday after you mentioned it selling a lot of copies, so I feel very secure about that. It might not ship for a while, but that's fine.

Do you happen know how SAE's fulfillment time compares with TT's at this point in time? I'm sure they are both slammed. My friend does not need Anastasia early -- she technically doesn't even know she's getting it -- so if it waits a few weeks, she won't care. Her birthday is in July, and it had been my plan to get it for her then, but TT's closing accelerated that plan so I could make sure she got one.

SAE is mildly busy, but MOST items seem to be going out within a couple days like normal and some early morning small orders by afternoon. If it's been more than a few days then that's very unusual though SAE does sometimes miss sending shipment emails -- more than once my shipment notice was when USPS Informed Delivery tells/shows me I have a package in the system

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
[...]So I think I'm going to stop here. Of course, I said that after How to Succeed and after State Fair. So I could change my mind. But I doubt it.
It ain’t over ‘till it’s over. :D

P.S. Deep down inside, Jake, you knew that one of us was bound to say that. ;)

P.S.S. Glad it could be me. :lol:

P.S.S.S. I’m still seeing on the TT site an array of other excellent titles that any real HTF member being worth their salt should not be going without.:blink:

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
SAE does sometimes miss sending shipment emails -- more than once my shipment notice was when USPS Informed Delivery tells/shows me I have a package in the system

That's odd. I would've thought shipment emails were automated. If a package has been shipped without an email, do you know if it will show as "shipped" if I log into my account and check? My pending order from SAE is Anastasia, which is being sent directly to my friend as a gift, so I wouldn't actually get a notice from USPS about it because it's going to her, not me.

Of course, I just bought this yesterday afternoon, so I wouldn't expect them to have sent it yet nessescary. I just would like to know when it ships, on account of my having bought it, even though I'm not the one who will be receiving the package in this particular case.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
That's odd. I would've thought shipment emails were automated. If a package has been shipped without an email, do you know if it will show as "shipped" if I log into my account and check? My pending order from SAE is Anastasia, which is being sent directly to my friend as a gift, so I wouldn't actually get a notice from USPS about it because it's going to her, not me.

Of course, I just bought this yesterday afternoon, so I wouldn't expect them to have sent it yet nessescary. I just would like to know when it ships, on account of my having bought it, even though I'm not the one who will be receiving the package in this particular case.

Not always. Most of the time SAE does send emails, but every once in a while it seems to get missed and shows up after the package is delivered. The online order history seems to update when I get the mail though I think I have a couple orders still listed as pending.

If you ordered yesterday then I'd expect a shipment email today or at the latest Monday esp for a single title

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks