What's new

TWILIGHT TIME MOVIES PRESS RELEASE: It's Twilight Time For Us! Our "Goodbye" & "Gratitude" Sale (1 Viewer)

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Not so far away after all. Just received notice it has shipped! (But realistically won't probably enter the mail stream until Tuesday).
But...but...aw, c’mon there, man, your invoice number is way, way higher than mine. And believe you me, Western Union wasn’t cheap, either. :blink:

Congratulations !! :thumbs-up-smiley:

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I got a shipping notice as well for my order #78516, which is Suddenly Last Summer.

I got curious what that means, because it seemed unlikely to have actually shipped on a Sunday, especially one before a holiday. So I put the tracking number into the post office website. It says: "A shipping label has been prepared for your item at 3:53 pm on May 24, 2020 in CARROLLTON, TX 75006. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date."

So really, TT still has the package and will mail it on Tuesday. That's fine, but it does seem odd to send shipping emails before the package is in the hands of the shipping partner.

Given TT's reported backlog, this is pleasant surprise. I was not expecting Suddenly Last Summer to go out before my SAE order of Anastasia.

Last edited:
Reactions: PMF

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
IME, that happens quite often, mostly when dealing with private sellers on eBay.

Not that I've kept records but I think it's what always happens for my packages where I can use the USPS tracking system.

Sometimes happen w/ UPS and Fedex too.

I think it basically just depends on how the seller operates (sometimes depending on situation).

IMHO, all it basically probably means is the seller wants you to know they're on top of it. It probably doesn't even mean they've actually packed the item(s) yet.

Whenever I need to return stuff using seller's prepaid return shipping label, the same thing happens, but doesn't at all mean I have the return ready to go. Sometimes, I might end up not even packing my return for a couple weeks or more -- most businesses generally accept that as long as I actually hand off the package before the allowed return period expires.

_Man_

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Nothing currently under 50 at SAE
LONG HOT SUMMER -- SOLD OUT/ now presumed OOP

assume that a few are below 100 and at risk since the site is giving virtually no warning. These have been mentioned most frequently as low stock
Zelig (heck any Woody Allen)
Cutter's Way
Rollerball
Alamo Bay
Gran Bollito

SOLD OUT MONDAY at TTM
APRIL LOVE (1957) -- false alarm I think. I'm seeing 4 copies and it's still in my wishlist with a ADD TO CART buttom, but the Item Page itself is gone. Not sure what's going on with it though not sure how you get it to your cart unless it's already there or in a Wishlist page

It appears someone got in and fixed all those dead/sold out items out of the system, but somehow screwed up April Love in the process. 3.5 pages of listings (58 TT Bluray and Sunshine)

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
SAE is mildly busy, but MOST items seem to be going out within a couple days like normal and some early morning small orders by afternoon. If it's been more than a few days then that's very unusual though SAE does sometimes miss sending shipment emails -- more than once my shipment notice was when USPS Informed Delivery tells/shows me I have a package in the system

Since you mentioned this, I decided to log in at SAE to check, just in case Anastasia shipped out without an email to me. It's still listed as "Pending," but. this morning there is a tracking number available which wasn't there before. At the USPS website, it says "Label created, not yet in system." So I'm guessing it will go out in the next day or two. I want to know where the package is, even though this is the one that I bought for a friend which is going directly to her, because I'm obviously invested in her getting what I paid for her to have.

Edit: This is funny. Literally two minutes after I finished posting this, SAE sent me shipping confirmation. The tracking number still isn't active yet but it probably will be by the end of the day.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Funny but a prior order dated 5/13 is still awaiting fulfillment but I just got notice that an order I placed 5/16 is being delivered today. Both from TT.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Since you mentioned this, I decided to log in at SAE to check, just in case Anastasia shipped out without an email to me. It's still listed as "Pending," but. this morning there is a tracking number available which wasn't there before. At the USPS website, it says "Label created, not yet in system." So I'm guessing it will go out in the next day or two. I want to know where the package is, even though this is the one that I bought for a friend which is going directly to her, because I'm obviously invested in her getting what I paid for her to have.

Edit: This is funny. Literally two minutes after I finished posting this, SAE sent me shipping confirmation. The tracking number still isn't active yet but it probably will be by the end of the day.

That sounds about right -- initiation point should be at/near Linden, VA

I've been on the road all day so didn't get a chance to do the usual update yet

CRITICAL LOW STOCK ALERT SAE
HOT ROCK -- now at 25 copies so sell out may be in minutes

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I also noticed that TTM has fixed the phantom listings in their "Sale" section. They are down to 4 pages (64 titles), with only two titles missing the "Add to Cart" button.

Last night sometime though they broke APRIL LOVE in the process. It's still available, but unless it's already in your cart or wishlist you can't get to it to add to your cart. It looks like since this morning Barefoot Contessa and Inserts reappeared without the ADD TO CART button.

Also some time today these 4 items returned to the active list though with only a single copy each
GIDGET SOLD OUT Again
THE BLACK STALLION RETURNS 1
3 WORLDS OF GULLIVER 1
WUTHERING HEIGHTS 1

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks