What's new

TWILIGHT TIME MOVIES PRESS RELEASE: It's Twilight Time For Us! Our "Goodbye" & "Gratitude" Sale (1 Viewer)

Allansfirebird

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sean
I just went and double checked my invoice on TT's website, and it's showing all but 3 of the titles I ordered are now unavailable, and it still hasn't shipped. Am I going to get screwed out of 8 blurays because of the logistics disaster at the warehouse?

Reactions: PMF

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
it's showing all but 3 of the titles I ordered are now unavailable

That could just mean it's unavailable for any additional orders, and not that you won't get yours. How to Succeed and State Fair both sold out before my copies were delivered, but I still got them because they were ordered them before the sellout.

If I recall correctly, only two people here have said that they actually got refunded for a missing title so far. I'm sure that's disappointing and I don't mean to minimize the issue, but it appears that a vast majority of us are getting what we ordered. And as others have noted, the shipping delays are a result of TT getting a lot of orders at once for a relatively small company. It's very clear that they have never experienced such extreme demand in a short amount of time before, and the virus is slowing things down as well.

I know we all want our packages -- I do too, and that's normal -- but I don't see any reason to be worried about it at this point.

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
You could, but so far that listing hasn't meant cancellation for most people. Until you get a refund or cancellation I think most people are going to get most if not all of what they ordered. I guess if there are a few absolute must have items that are still in stock at SAE, I'd consider an order there as a precaution and just sell the spare if both end up shipping.

There have been numerous cancelled items reported, but so far only 1 or 2 instances where people have confirmed a cancelled item shipped with a later order -- and even those orders were within an hour or so.

Like Jake -- the label seems to mean it's OOS for further orders, but no real meaning for those with current orders
I did read of one poster with 3 cancelled items out of 4 orders, but I think that was with a total of 40 items.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
We should also remember that Monday is a holiday, so the staff at the warehouses might (probably) have that day off. It doesn't really feel like Memorial Day because movie theaters are closed and no one can really go anywhere, but the holiday is, in fact, still happening.

I didn't get a shipping notice from SAE for Anastasia today, and given the holiday I wouldn't expect one until at least Tuesday now. It doesn't matter. It will go out when it goes out. That's it.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I thought there were no cancellations at this point?

Quite a few individual items cancelled. I'd say less than 2-4 % (maybe even 1% since many people with full orders haven't reported) of items compared to the total items that have shipped, but it's not zero.

There have been very few cancelled items that were shipped in a order someone made later. People with early orders are not being cannibalized to fulfill smaller later orders even those later orders are often shipping quicker since their 'boxes' are easy and quicker to clear. The fulfillment of disc orders mostly seems to be proceeding in order, but independent of shipping

Last edited:

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
I sent a telegram to TT. I reminded them that I was one of their best customers. They replied:

“Dear PMF. We would be remiss in not recognizing your loyalties to Twilight Time. We will make a special effort during this holiday weekend to fill your order and your order, alone. In exchange, we ask that you do not publicize this favor.”

Well, that’s the update; so remember, everyone, we are not to share this information outside of the forum.:oops:

P.S. I, for one, am in the hopes that the crew of the TT warehouse is on break and will be enjoying a well-earned holiday. :thumbs-up-smiley:

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I mentioned before that I forgot about putting State Fair in my initial order on May 10. So a friend of mine who did an order after me was kind enough to add that to his order and save me the cost of shipping it separately.

His order was #73505 placed, I think, on Monday the 12th or Tuesday the 13th. It arrived to him yesterday. Both of the discs in his order (his and mine) sold out between the time that he placed his order and when it shipped. But both items were in there exactly as ordered.

So -- they are getting through the orders, and it seems like most of them have what they're supposed to have. We just have to be patient, which I know is a difficult thing to do. But they'll come.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I should also add that, prior to getting Twilight Time's disc, the last time I saw How to Succeed In Business Without Really Trying was on a rented DVD that was so old it was non-anamorphic. I don't think it ever got an anamorphic re-release in SD. I loved the movie but couldn't bear to buy it In that condition, because by the time I encountered it I had a widescreen TV and non-anamorphic discs were very difficult to watch on that.

Watching the film again on Blu-ray was so revelatory that it was like I'd never seen it before. The print they used looks pristine and really pops. It was worth the wait to finally have this in excellent condition. I'm not sure why I didn't buy it as soon as TT released it, but I'm so glad to have it now and that they got to do it before they close. The fine work done on the film's behalf is deeply appreciated.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The only true aspects of my words were my hopes that the TT crew might also be enjoying a holiday break, just like the rest of us.

I don't see why they wouldn't be. Even though TT said they're working seven days a week to deal with the backlog of orders, I would think that has to exclude federal holidays. Plus, it's just not a big deal if we get our discs a few days or weeks later than we otherwise would. It's not like these are medicine or urgently needed medical supplies.

I'm still waiting on Suddenly Last Summer from TT. I'm excited to see it and I'll be happy to get it whenever it gets here, but if it takes until the middle of June to show up, who cares? I've got more than enough to watch until then, so as long as I get it eventually, it functionally makes no difference. If it's not here by the time they cease operations, that's a problem. But I have no reason to believe that would be the case. Although I totally understand wanting to get our packages, I think we should all just try to chill for now.

The reason this delay is happening is because they are receiving more orders now than ever before, and that's a great way to go out. So I'll wait, because they deserve to have this level of success on the way out. If they were able to ship every order within a day, that would mean they're not getting very many, which would suck because all of Twilight Time's great work should pa y off. We're not talking about a major conglomerate here like Amazon. Let's try to cut them some slack and just be happy that there is this level of interest in their work.

Last edited:

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
Jake says .... It's not like these are medicine or urgently needed medical supplies.
Well, really. What if some of us died ... sorry, 'passed away' .. while we were waiting? Triple-urgent, I would have thought. Especially for people in my age group!

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Telegrams no longer exist? Stop.

I have a Theragram ....
1590287645210.png
for you :P!

1590287862787.png

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks