Press Release TWILIGHT TIME MOVIES PRESS RELEASE: It's Twilight Time For Us! Our "Goodbye" & "Gratitude" Sale

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
My order #79120 with Three Coins in the Fountain and Carla's Song was just delivered.

This represents my last order with discs in it, but not my last order, period, since I did one a couple weeks ago with replacement cases in it.

Ironic: In that order, I bought two cases because I'd heard that Carla's Song, which is in this order delivered today, was in a blue case and wanted to switch it for uniformity. But the copy I got today is already in a clear case. So the only title I have that needs switching is Oliver! This means that I bought an extra empty case that I don't need. But for 50 cents, that's fine.

Both of these are blind purchases that I look forward to watching soon.

David Norman

Premium
Congrats on finishing up.

No idea what's up with Carla's Song. Bluray shows clear, SAE shows blue. Mine's definitely in a blue case, but
it was released in May 2015 which means it should have been clear. I don't remember checking the release date when I told you blue, but I never bought any clear or Blue TT cases since I never changed cases back then. The only cases I remember switching to clear were those 4-5 titles from 2018 which came automatically with the clear cases

Yet another oddity in the pile of them

Reactions: Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I'm just guessing here, but maybe they didn't print all 3,000 copies of Carla's Song at the same time. Perhaps the initial round was blue and the reprint was clear after they switched to using clear cases all the time.

In any case, it was better to buy the second empty case than it was to not do so, because if it had been blue I would have wanted to switch it out..

I now have seven TT titles, five of which came through the clearance sale. I became aware of them later than a lot of people and a bunch of titles I would have liked if I'd known earlier are sold out now. But, 6/7 are clear cases, so having Oliver! as the only one in a blue case would be very annoying. I'll switch it out when the replacements get here, and then I'll just have a extra in case something ever happens to need a spare case. That's fine.

David Norman

Premium
There's still a few Blue Case titles at SAE so you never know though it seems very few left plus the Oct 2018 items if they quit coming with the extra case automatically. I'm only seeing 9 titles released before April 2015 that haven't sold out and most of them were those lesser (price and extras not necessarily quality) $24.95 titles

Reactions: Jake Lipson

PMF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
My last Twilight Time order (minus SUDDENLY LAST SUMMER that is) arrived today and it's a sad feeling knowing that they're gone. Farewell Twilight Time, and thanks!
My last Twilight Time order (minus AFRICA SCREAMS that is) arrived today; a day later than our very good Mr. Krupp’s; to which my delayed gratification and sentiments were a mirror to his, by a mere 24 hours, thereafter.

‘Tis both the bitter and the sweet.

With fondness, admiration and, now, the beginnings of nostalgia; Twilight Time has begun its walk into home viewing legend.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Ironically, my order #80065 just shipped the day after the previous one was delivered.

This is the one with the two cases in it, which I thought would be later. I don't mean this as a complaint, but it seems silly, what with these two orders shipping in such close proximity to each other, that they couldn't have been combined.

I asked if a couple cases could be thrown in when I ordered those discs, and they said they were all out of cases. Then a month later I guess they found another box or something. But I was it was too late to add it to my original order, which still hadn't shipped by that point. So I paid $5.93 shipping for $1 worth of items to get the cases.

Oh well. At least they're coming.

Thank you, Twilight Time, for your service to film collectors everywhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: PMF

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
conradfan