What's new

TV Show Soundtracks (1 Viewer)

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Hi All,

The "Rifleman" discussion touched on the topic of a Rifleman Soundtrack CD, which I'd buy in a heartbeat.
I have soundtracks from shows such as "The Adventures Of Superman", "The Outer Limits", "Star Trek", Many of the Irwin Allen programs..."Lost In Space", "Time Tunnel" etc. and the "Twilight Zone."
One show soundtrack I'd like to see released is "Timmy and Lassie." Always enjoyed the orchestration in this series.
I'm surprised that more TV show soundtracks aren't available...is there a lack of interest ??
What TV series soundtracks would you all like to have ?

MattHR

Screenwriter
You can get "V", "The Incredible Hulk", and "The Bionic Woman" official soundtrack CDs by composer Joe Harnell at:

Joe Harnell

They're great quality and feature the entire original compositions, even if only bits were used in the shows.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I would love to see a release of the entire TOS soundtrack canon. But I would not want to see re-orchestrations of these; I would very much prefer the recordings as they sounded (arrangement and performance-wise) on the show ca. 1966-1969.

Dark Shadows released much of the music used on that show in a recently issued eight-disc set, which I own. But it is still not exhaustive, even though it purports to be complete.

The Rifleman would be right up there with ones I would love to see released.

I would also love to have all of Lubin's work used in TOL released one day. A longer version of the season two closing theme is one work I would love to own both in recorded and score form.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Just to add, when Scott says TOS, he is talking about Star Trek. I know how his mind works, cause i want the same thing. Shoot, i even want the music from TAS. Thats animated Trek, for anyone besides Scott. :)

I love the music from The Six Million Dollar Man, as well, but could never get into the Bionic Woman music.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
The only soundtracks I'd kill to have are those from "Bewitched" and "I Dream of Jeannie". Sometimes both shows used the same music so maybe they could do like a two disc set or something.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
Just coincidentally, the Timeless Media Group announced the release of the 1957-60 crime series "M-Squad" for September 23rd and will be including the soundtrack as a bonus CD. Details here: M Squad

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
I would love to see the original B&W Perry Mason show scores released. With big name composers like Bernard Herrmann, Jerry Goldsmith, Fred Steiner, Richard Shores and so on. There is some great music in this show.

Doug

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
[I'm looking for a hand-clapping emoticon. ;)]

Yes, I would snatch up such a set in a flash. I just love to get lost in this series. The 'time-capsule' aspects of the show (and here, I'm speaking mostly visually rather than aurally) are magnificent. :)

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

I agree. 1950s Los Angeles, the cars, even the old Fox lot where this show was shot. And it truly was one of the best looking TV shows of its day, very much like a mini-movie. I take that back. I would say its one if the best looking TV shows of any day.

Doug

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I agree wholeheartedly. One of the most exciting things for me to see (in addition to what you've written) are the gas stations, hotels, and other buildings and establishments that may not even be there any longer. Two other shows (although representing a time somewhat later) that I enjoy watching for the same reasons are Dragnet and Adam-12.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I'd love to have:

-Kung Fu

-Buffy the vampire Slayer(actual music score for the first 4 seasons)

I do however have one of the coolest tv soundtracks known to man.
Planet of the Apes tv series from the mid 70s composed by Lalo Schifrin.
Intrada.com. Too cool. Haven't picked up the Chips soundtrack from them yet.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I love the theme to Mission: Impossible (Schifrin). Here is yet another soundtrack that I ought to own one day.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
I have all the TV music I've wanted, except for one that will never be released, and that is the David Arnold (the current 007 composer responsible for the movies "Stargate", Independence Day" and others)
score for the 1997 pilot episode of "The Visitor", a show made by the same team behind Stargate and ID4. Beautiful score for that show.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

There was a release of music from the actual original recordings of mission impossible from the 60s show and the 80s revival. I downloaded it off of Itunes, but its also on Amazon.

Amazon.com: The Best Of Mission: Impossible Then And Now - Music From The Original Television Soundtracks: Lalo Schifrin, Jon Voight, Emmanuelle Béart, Henry Czerny, Jean Reno, Ving Rhames, Kristin Scott Thomas, Vanessa Redgrave, Dale Dye, Marcel Iur

It has quite a few of the recognizable themes from the original show on it.

Lalo Schifrin's Mannix sound track is also available.

Amazon.com: Mannix (TV Soundtrack): Lalo Schifrin, Bill Bixby: Music

It is a re-recording....but hey its there.

As to Perry Mason, I'm also fascinated as I watch the shows over and over, I'm seeing parts of sets that are recycled in later shows. A particularly odd shaped door or window frame will pop up in a differently configured set.

I was also surprised to find out that the Court Room set was actually panted gray. I figured it would be brown wood paneling, but in the one color episode you can see that it is in fact gray with streaks in it to simulate wood grain in the B&W photography.

Doug

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Doug,

Many thanks for the links. I will have a peek at them tonight. :)

I think that the cast of Perry Mason is top-notch as well. I was saddened (years later) to learn of William Hopper's passing. It would have been wonderful to see him in some of the Perry Mason television films. I also realized (again years later) that Hopper played Rhoda Pembroke's father in the original The Bad Seed (1956).

In any event, I should be grateful that we got to see Perry and Della as much as we did. And I really didn't mind the actor who played Drake's son, or Ken Melansky, either. :emoji_thumbsup:

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

Hopper is also in 20 Million Miles to Earth which is on blu-ray now.

Also the actor who played Hopper's son in the Perry Mason movies was actually William Katt, Barbara Hale's son.

Doug

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick

I know i own the M:I soundtrack. The Best of new and old. I dont remember if its original, or a re-performance. I will have to pull it out and give it a spin.
I have quite a few TV scores. From Trek to The Prisoner. I guess my Dr. Who TV movie, and Space:1999 seasons 1 and 2 from Fanderson would have to be my most rare. Oh, and my Irwin Allen box.

But the most rare TV soundtrack i know of, and i wish i had it, is Airwolf. Not the crap Wonder Weapon one either. I hear it goes for $700 or so, and its not a boot.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

I believe they are the original recordings. They are all mono for one thing and if they had been re-recordings they would almost surely have been stereo.

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks