What's new

TRON SE - Anyone have this yet? (1 Viewer)

Lafe F

Second Unit
I've come Full Circle!

TRON was my first DVD purchase way back in March 1999.

TRON 20th Anniversary was my most recent DVD purchase January 15th 2002 -- 402 discs later... Time to stop collecting.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
To a point?!?! Ludicrous.

Let's look at the logic of the situation.

Companies put on the security stickers because people steal DVDs. Therefore, if people don't steal DVDs, companies will not put on the security stickers!!
Take a powder. You missed my drift entirely. I was pointing out that theft wasn't entirely to blame for the use of *STICKERS*. That there is an industry response to theft is undeniable. It's the nature of that response that's the responsibility of the industry. They chose an option that is an annoyance to the buying public and of dubious value in preventing DVD shoplifting.

DP

Todd_B

Second Unit
I got my copy on Tuesday and sat down to enjoy the film last night.
This is the first time I've gotten to see Tron in it's OAR and I was giddy from start to finish. So much has been missed sitting through those reruns on cable...definitely one for widescreen.org :emoji_thumbsup:
I too would love to see the LFE graphed out. The 'big door' scene had my windows, floor, and couch shaking. My SVS was loving every minute of it!
Kudos to the Mouse. Excellent job!
Todd B

Eric Bass

Second Unit
Ok I broke down and bought it. If the extras are really as interesting as the Thing it'll definately be worth it.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
It was nice to see some artwork outlining some of their ideas for Tron 2.0 in the making-of documentary.

Shawn C

Screenwriter
I guess I gotta order mine online today. I went to Best Buy, Hollywood Video and my little mom and pop rental store and NONE of them had TRON. Hmpf.

Emil Stoica

Second Unit
I just have to say that the audio on this disc is just incredible. The LFE gets a workout and the surrounds are so amazing. My jaw is just now lifting up from the floor. This is the third time I have bought TROm (LD, first DVD) and it is not even close. Get this disc! Excellent job Disney.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
This is the first time I'd seen Tron all the way through. I could never set still and watch it when it was on Disney or a movie channel in butchered P&S.
This is one of the most entertaining DVDs I've bought. Period. The video is real nice, although it does show the age of the film itself. (If only my Toshiba didn't have that chroma bug...oh well. ;)) The real show-stopper, though, was the audio. The LFE was unbelievable. Not only that, but the entire soundmix was VERY well done. For once, I must tip my hat to THX.

Marty Christion

Stunt Coordinator
While you are tipping your hat to THX, I'll tip my hat to the guys at Disney, who actually did the sound work on this disc. All THX did (as they do on all "their" titles)was listen to the audio after it was mixed, shrug their shoulders, and say "Sounds good to me."

Alex S

Second Unit
If anyone is having trouble findig Tron SE just look in your local Disney Store. They have the DVD for $19.99.

And if you're a Disney Club member you get 10% off.

Not bad for $17.99.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks