What's new

TRON SE - Anyone have this yet? (1 Viewer)

Eric Bass

Second Unit
If anyone happened to pick this up already please convince me that it's worth replacing my old copy.

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Mine hasn't arrived yet, but all reports suggest that the picture improvement is night-and-day compared to the old release. The extras also entice, but its that cleaned up print and anamorphic transfer that I'm really looking forward to.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
This is the best I've seen this film look since I saw it in the theater those many years ago. If you even halfway liked this movie pick up this disc. You won't be disappointed!

Jon_B

Screenwriter
Picked this up along with the new Tombstone today. I'll be posting a write up of my impressions by this weekend.

Jon

Richard Smith

Stunt Coordinator
I got mine last Friday, watched the film on Saturday and finished the extras tonight. This is one fantastic disc and is now one of the favourites in my collection. It's well worth upgrading the old disc. Fantastic work Disney!:emoji_thumbsup:
Richard

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Tron looks and sounds simply amazing!Ive been putting off buying the first release of this disc forever and Im glad I did.Great job on this DVD.
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
:eek: :eek:
I just watched the "Making Of". Wow! One of the best ones Ive seen so far.A hour and 20 mintues. Ive been a very harsh critic of Disney when it comes to DVD, but they did a damn fine job on Tron. A huge :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Damn, I just picked up Tombstone VS today and almost grabbed Tron too, after hearing the comments from you guys looks like I'll be going out tommorrow to get Tron!

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
Just got finished watching the new "making of" doc. Great stuff including some examples of early artwork for Tron 2.0. They briefly flashed the following link before the feature:
www.tronkillerapp.com
I just think it's awesome that there might be another Tron movie.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I didn't have the other DVD nor any LD version, but this version sure is terrific.

The 5.1 mix is tasteful and impressive. I love how the MCP is outside the room when he speaks (using all the speakers). Very effective.

I watched on a smaller set and haven't tried out the front or rear projectors with it, so I can't comment on video very much. It did look good on the small set though, although some "real world" footage just looked dated or worn. Can't say that it isn't how it always looked from my memory.

Some good extras too.

AdamW

Agent
I just got it a few hours ago, only to find out when I opened it that the case was broken. I'll get it replaced tomorrow.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
What's the packaging for this title? A regular alphapak or a cool cardboard/plastic fold out like Fight Club or Moulin Rouge. If it's the cool one then that'll tip me over. Anyone know?

~Kevin

Ron Eastman

Second Unit
Kevin - It's a standard double-Alpha. Don't let that deter you from making the purchase though if you like the movie. :)

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
Just finished the extras and watching the film (whew!). Excellent disc. Disney should be very proud of this one. Now bring on Tron 2.0!

Larry Gardner

Stunt Coordinator
Just a heads up on te packaging - the security stickers are all over this. At Best Buy I had to go through the entire shelf looking for one with limited warped plastic and stickers not covering any part of the black paper cover.

If you get this, be very careful in removing the security stickers since they will remove some of the black cover on the edges.

For those you had the LD box set - the LD booklet has not be transpired to the DVD. The DVD does not have any booklet - just the standard single chapter lists.

Shane L.

Auditioning
Just a heads up on the packaging - the security stickers are all over this.

At Best Buy I had to go through the entire shelf looking for one with limited warped plastic and stickers not covering any part of the black paper cover. If you get this, be very careful in removing the security stickers since they will remove some of the black cover on the edges.
This is one of the things that aggrevates me about Best Buy. How many stupid stickers you need to put on it telling me there's a security device inside?? And I was also trying to find a packaging that didn't have warped plastic (wrinkles). When I pulled off the security stickers on all three sides, some of the black color came off the top part of the inside cover.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm a tad picky when it comes to the packaging of a DVD. For instance, I got Almost Famous directors cut and there was a slight tear on the front cover. I exchanged it for a different one without thinking twice.

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
Watched this earlier, and GOOD LORD... Do you think they have enough LFE in this movie? I mean, the new soundtrack was rattling my room as much as The Haunting DTS! Excellent job on this disc, although I must admit that it's giving me that much more incentive to get an SVS soon.

I wonder if someone could map the LFE on this disc and give us some idea of what kinda' levels/frequencies we have here... 'cause WOW what a rumble!

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I will hopefully have mine tomorrow. It was shipped a couple of days ago and I have yet to get it. This is a title that has been deserving of a good transfer in both video and audio for a long time.

Parker

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks