What's new

Tron 2.0 PC (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Anyone else playing this demo? The light cycles are a blast. It could possibly get old fairly quickly, but it's fun now. New maps will help, and I'm sure there'll be new upgrades and techniques in the full game. Not so sure about the other modes just yet. Even with all graphics options on full, the disc doesn't seem to be drawn at every point in its travel. It seems to jump around, if you get what I'm saying. I haven't spent enough time in the disc arena to give it a fair shake, but it didn't grab me right off.

I'll go looking for more information later, but I wonder if anyone knows if there will be any other MP modes in the full version. Also, will we be able to drive recognizers (and possibly tanks) in the single-player? I wasn't following this game until I downloaded the demo a couple nights ago, so I don't know how the single-player will be at all. I hope one can drink from the energy stream like in the movie. :)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I looked in the message board at the official site, but I didn't see anyone with that exact problem. A few crashes once the game was installed (which I have experienced myself), but that's about it. I don't know that that board would be of much help anyway, as it doesn't appear that problems are too frequently addressed. I did read something from someone at Buena Vista that you should have Service Pack 1 installed if you have XP, but that was to address a crash, I believe.

Anyway, light cycles are a lot of fun. I do think I'm setting myself up to be disappointed in some respects, though. I really want things from the movie to be there, and I haven't been able to find out if they are or not. I know there are tanks, but I'm not sure about Recognizers. What I'd like to see most of all, though, is a solar sailer. Man, riding on a solar sailer would just be a great level. I haven't seen anything about that in any preview, however, so I doubt if it'll be in there. If not, I guess maybe someone could add it in a mod.

Aaron Cooke

Second Unit
I have played the light cycle portion of the demo, and it was better than i expected. I think it's fairly fun, and i think it would be great in multiplayer but didn't i hear that it won't support internet based multiplayer only LAN? It's not a definite buy for me yet, but at least i'm not disappointed by my first exposure to the game.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Tony,

Check www.3dgamers.com under Action. Of, you can find it at www.tron20.net.

Aaron,

When you go to start a Light Cycle game over the internet, you get a warning that the game is only supported over a LAN. I'm glad they allowed people to try it if they wanted to (though, I'm sure it'll be a double-edged sword; people will complain to them about performance even with that disclaimer). So far, it's been smooth as silk for me. I have seen people complaining about lag, though. Give it a try and see how it is for you. Very fun.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Greg! I have it downloaded. I'll check it out some other time.

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
I tried the demo about a week ago, wasn't overly impressed. The graphics are pretty cool and anything to do with Tron is definitely welcome, but I got bored with it pretty quick. Hopefully the single player game will have a good story.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks