What's new

Building the perfect shooter list (1 Viewer)

LanceH

Agent
My list of shooting games is fast becoming formidable. This is definitely my favorite genre now and I’m now completely obsessed with owning all of the best shooters out there. Now, to clarify - for the purpose of this discussion, when I say 'shooter' I am referring to any game in 1st or 3rd person where there are guns involved. That kinda broadens the scope of which games can be included. There are a few that I am considering:

1. Dead To Rights (http://www.deadtorights.com/) ~ this has been re-released for about 20 bucks as a “classic” of shooters and is often compared to Max Payne. It also just came out on PC, so I'm curious to see how it compares to the Xbox version. Also, Dead To Rights 2 is on the way, and I always like to gear up for sequels by playing the original.
2. Half-Life (http://half-life.sierra.com/) ~ I'm already excited about HL2 just from reading about it.. But I never played the original on console or PC.
3. True Crime (http://www.activision.com/microsite/truecrime/) ~ now that it's out I've heard mostly disappointing opinions. Hope it's not as bad as what I've seen people say so far.

So those are a few of the ones I’m looking at right now. Any feedback would be cool. Also, I have listed below all the shooters I already own and others I plan to get.

Shooters I Have:

XBOX:

Ghost Recon
Kill Switch
Halo
Splinter Cell (stealth shooter)
007 Nightfire
Soldier Of Fortune 2
The Thing
Hitman 2
Time Splitters 2
Unreal Championship
Max Payne
Return To Castle Wolfenstein
Enter The Matrix
Brute Force
Conflict: Desert Storm

PS2:

GTA3 (driver/shooter)
GTA Vice City (driver/shooter)
SOCOM Navy Seals
Medal of Honor Frontline
The Getaway (driver/shooter)
Metal Gear Solid 2 (stealth shooter)
Time Splitters
Unreal Tournament

Gamecube:

Metroid Prime
Resident Evil Zero (kind of a shooter)
Sum Of All Fears

PC:

Max Payne 2
NOLF2
Call Of Duty
TRON 2.0
Mafia
RTCW Tides of War
Medal Of Honor Allied Assault / Spearhead
Battlefield 1942 / Road To Rome
Soldier of Fortune 2
Vietcong
Rainbow Six 3
Iron Storm
Redneck Rampage

Shooters to get:

Halo 2
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
MOH Rising Sun
Far Cry
SOCOM 2
DOOM 3
Half Life 2
S.W.A.T. Global Strike Team
DX: Invisible War
Metal Gear Solid 3
Hitman 3

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Three words:

Armed and Dangerous.:D

Also Mission Impossible Operation Surma is pretty good if your into the Splinter Cell-like stealth games. May want to give that one a look.(recently rented it this weekend and was pleasantly suprised.)

Damien

Supporting Actor
Your missing out on some key games:

GC:

Star Wars: RL
Ikaruga

PS2:

Ace Combat 4
Both Ratchet and Clank titles
Twisted Metal Black
Time Crisis 3

Xbox:

Crimson Skies
Panzar Dragoon Orta
Mechassualt
House of the Dead 3

I don't play PC games, but here are some games that you should look into:

Serious Sam
Counterstrike

You have to checkout Call of Duty on the PC. If you have ever watched Saving Private Ryan, Band of Brothers, or Enemy at the Gates be prepared to experience these movies in the first person. There were times while playing this game that I had to step away and remind myself that it was only a game. It is that intense. All this being said it is short, but it does offer three difficulty settings and online multiplayer.

LanceH

Agent
If you look at my list, you'll see that Call Of Duty is on there. I agree ~ it's the best. My other WWII games seem sadly anti-climactic by comparison. Even BF1942.

Romier S, I just found out about Armed & Dangerous today. I watched the game trailers and they were hilarious. It looks like an incredibly clever game. IGN had a few complaints about it, but overall they said it was one of the best action/adventure shooters on Xbox.

Has anyone here played Dead To Rights on PC? I was hoping to get some first-hand reviews on that one. I'm really curious about how it plays on PC. From what I've seen it looks pretty cool; http://www.deadtorights.com ~ kind of reminds me of Max Payne

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Dammit and I was hoping this would be about REAL shooters. The kind you drink from the chest of a barmaid...alas.

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
PC : It is all about the Counter-Strike. I am a complete addict and play for at least 2 hours a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks