What's new

Trivia Question (1 Viewer)

ChadKo

Stunt Coordinator
Am I going nuts or was there a sitcom in the late 90's or early 00's that viewers got to vote on the title of it? In the back of my mind I think I remember this but am not 100% sure. I wanna say it was Dharma & Greg or something along those l ines. Thanks!

Chad

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, it was Two Guys, A Girl and a Pizza Place.

I don't remember exactly, but I believe the "Girl" left the show and since they weren't replacing her, they decided on changing the title. I assume the contest was a way to drum up viewership since the show wasn't that popular (especially with a main character leaving).

EDIT: Since I wrote the above comment, I just realized the show was renamed "Two guys and girl", so I think they actually did replace the girl and dumped the pizza place?

Again, that's what I kind of remember.

ChadKo

Stunt Coordinator
I just think its funny that that's the BEST name a fan could come up with!

Chad

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I was actually a fan of the show (when it was "...a pizza place") and I remember the contest. I recall the show went off the air and I never heard anymore about the "contest".

The show came back on the air as "Two Guys and a Girl" - The show was completely different and I am not sure if the 2 guys were even the same guys from the original show.

At the time, I figured the contest fell just into obscurity and no one actually won (or got to name it).

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Hmmm. I don't see anything in this thread about DVDs, which is why it has been moved from Software/TV Shows to the TV/HDTV Programming area.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Yeah, I was right! :) for once, :)

Was'nt the original plan for Sharon and Berg to get together, and then they scraped it mid season? Then something about Sharon's fiancee going to a college in America that shares it's name with a college in England? After that, they just seemed to not care about it, and made several changes, were the guys even doctors still after they left the pizza place?

Dumb ABC and their 15th attempt at ruining TGIF.

Ryan

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Yep, he was Berg, opposite of Richard Ruccolo's Pete.

I think they had really good chemistry together, if only ABC had more faith in this show.

Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks