What's new

Trick or Treat on dvd when?? (1 Viewer)

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Hi all..

I was wondering if anybody has heard if Trick or Treat will be making it's way to dvd? I for one loved this movie......

Thanks
R~

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
HA! I thought I was the only one who remembered that movie. I'd love to have Trick Or Treat on DVD as well. You gotta love a movie that has Ozzy Osbourne playing a televangelist and Gene Simmons as a DJ.

I have not heard anything about a pending release though.

Jerry Hostler

Stunt Coordinator
I still have the soundtrack:)
Been waiting patiently for this movie to come out on DVD. I figured no one else was since I've never seen it discussed. Glad to see there are a few other fans of this flick.
Jerry

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I still have the soundtrack CD myself (along with three other Fastway CDs). I really liked that band... time to go dig 'em out and give them a spin again.

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
For you out there with the ability to play Region 2, this has been released....

Full frame and little in the extra dept. but still the same, it's there....

Along with THE WRAITH and THE BURNING for you horror fan's!

Dugger

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
I to have the soundtrack....Man.....what's up with that, region 2 but no region 1, that bits!

Hopefully it makes it way to region one,,,,,,,,

R~

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
I just checked imdb.com and it lists Dino De Laurentis Group as one of the producers of this movie, and since theyre pretty big into the home video scene, you would think they would want to get this out in R1 as soon as possible. It also shows Warner as being the Distributor of the movie, and theyre pretty good about releasing 80s movies, so hopefully something will come soon.

Ron Eastman

Second Unit
Count me in as one who would buy Trick or Treat. I haven't seen it in 14 years but I have fond memories of this flick.

Ric Bagoly

Senior HTF Member
Trick or Treat rules! Get it out in anamorphic widescreen, 5.1 on the Fastway music, and i'am there!
You should be loyal to your heroes, or they could turn on you. --- Sammi Curr

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
I've asked about this too. A cheesy but entertaining flick.

"We will bring you down, man" ...."WE WILL bring you DOWN". Sammi Curr

Steve_Klein

Agent
I was wondering if anybody has heard if Trick or Treat will be making it's way to dvd? I for one loved this movie......
Don't know if you're still looking for this, but Best Buy has this in their "Under $10" section for $5.99 along with the aforementioned The Wraith. These are from "Platinum Disc" and look and feel like bootlegs (I heard Wraith was owned by Anchor Bay actually). I haven't watched the Trick or Treat disc, but Wraith is surprisingly good; it's a clean, full-frame transfer with 2.0 surround. Not the VHS quality one might expect for the price...

Good luck!

Dan M

Second Unit
I saw this movie in the theater back in the 80's. I'd love to have this in my collection. There's something about 80's horror films that can't be beat!

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I picked up a copy a few weeks ago at Circuit City for 6.99. It looks likes it probably is just a full frame trasfer from an old VHS master but it is watchable on my old 45" Mitsubishi RPTV. It looks like it is full of motion artifacts or something (very blocky looking) on my PC though. The 2.0 soundtrack is decent as well.

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
I can't believe what I'm reading here. I looked on CC website and saw nothing.

Is it a Canadian release that wondered into the US?

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
TRICK OR TREAT is on DVD from Platinum Entertainment. Check Best Buy, Circuit City, or Wherehouse stores in the discount section. I paid $5.99. It's not widescreen, but the print was decent. For the price you can't complain.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks