What's new

Travelin' Wilburys (1 Viewer)

John Watson

Screenwriter
Any word about these disks coming back to print?

I even had a "Nobody's Child" rendition by the Wilbury's on a benefit cd.

Lousy bootlegs are not the answer!

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was being worked out in litigation a while back but I haven't heard anything since. I know that I got my original copy off of eBay for something like $25 a few years back.

Chris Stainton

Second Unit
I didn't realize these were out of print. I purchased them both at the time of their initial releases. It sucks when they keep great music from the public, makes people download songs that much more.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
George Harrison's estate owns them. They just re-released six of George's OOP solo albums, and they're planning to re-release these--possibly together in a 2-CD set, and a separate outtakes disc called 'Vol. 2.'

John Watson

Screenwriter
It's good ownership is clear-cut, that will prevent legal hassles preventing this, thanks for the info Anthony.

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Great albums, glad I got them in my collection before they went OOP. Here's hoping they re-release these soon and maybe throw them on SACD, like the Live in Japan Album.

J

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member

I remember telling somebody after Roy died that the Wilburys should recruit Adrian.

Of course, I knew it would never happen...he doesn't have the right 'pedigree'. But if they had ever added another member, I can't imagine anybody doing a better job.

Runners up would be Andy Partridge and Karl Wallinger.

I'd love to hear Belew, Partridge, Wallinger, and Mike Keneally in a 'supergroup'.

Oh, and the ghost of Kevin Gilbert. :frowning:

Miles

Second Unit
I've been looking around for copies of TTW CD for quite some time... Hopefully they'll re-release or make SACD versions.

Paul_Nyman

Second Unit
At some point after Roy Orbison died, MTV News reported that Joey Molland (Badfinger fame) was being considered to add to TTW lineup. A couple members of a Badfinger fanclub have the announcement on VHS when MTV News aired it.

I'm really surprised TTW never did a mini-tour in Japan or had a MTV Unplugged performance shot on video. I've got the recent George Harrsion Dark Horse boxset of CD's & DVD and it's too bad TTW never expanded the material to live performance somewhere?

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
Doubt they could have got TTW to appear live. It would be amazing that all of them could tour together and not have time conflicts. With Dylan in the line-up, that would certainly be a problem.

When GH died, so did TTW. Hope that it get's released soon again. I have a copy, but to deny a former #1 album in the market, someone is screwing up somewhere.

BobbyPerry

Stunt Coordinator
I actually have both of these on tape, not on CD b/c my Dad bought them and gave them to me a long time ago. They really are classics though. I hope they come back out on CD soon.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member

Err...no. Their other album (Vol. 3--there is no Vol. 2) is without Roy and not as good.

Believe it or not, a tour was planned before Roy's death.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks