What's new

Transformers: The Movie (1986) or, I know when I'm going back to the theaters (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Knock on wood, unless the Delta variant (or another one) upends our societal plans, I know now when I'm going back into the theaters.

Maybe it was because I was still had not yet hit my teens and was still impressionable, but very few movies (let alone cartoons) impacted me as a child as much as this one. Due to my age, if I had to pick Desert Island Movies from the 80s, this would certainly make my list (along with The Empire Strikes Back, Indy 1 and 3, Back to the Future, Stand By Me, Blade Runner, Die Hard, The Karate Kid, Aliens and This is Spinal Tap). Keep in mind that's a Desert Island list, and not an indication of any sort of "what I think are the best movies of the 80s". There are certainly better made, more critically acclaimed, and bigger box office films than some on my list. But if a higher power decreed that I could only watch 11 films from the 80s, it would be those. And yes, that list does go to 11. All the way up. All the way up.

Back to the news, I'm super excited to finally be able to see this again in theaters! (I realize I may be the only one here who feels this way lol)

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I have fond memories of going to the movies (a small, 3-screen Rialto theater) with one of my friends at the time and seeing this when I was a kid. It released in August 1986 so it would have been the summer between 6th and 7th grades.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks