What's new

Transformers Box Set Season 2 Part 1 (1 Viewer)

Joe6pack99

Second Unit
Real Name
Jarett
Well guys this comes out very soon so any reviews out yet? Also has anyone found any good deals for this?+

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
[c] [/c]
Cheapest Price: $39.99 at CIRCUIT CITY. That's 7% cheaper than Best Buy's price! (Nice that CC pays the tax for you!)
As for features:

Release Information:
• Studio: Rhino
• Release Type: Season Boxed Set
• Release Date: 11/26/2002
• Number of Discs: 4
• Number of Episodes: 24
• Running Time: 700 mins
• Retail Price: $59.95 (US$), $94.22 (CAN$)
Audio/Video Information:
• Video: Full Frame (1.33:1)
• Audio: English - Dolby Digital 5.1
• Subtitles: None/Unknown
Description:
Earth is the battleground, control of the Universe is the prize, and the only defense is an army of Autobots able to transform into massive fighting machines as powerful as their enemy--the deadly Decepticons. The second season, part one, now available in this special collectors edition totaling 24 episodes (out of the 49 shown in that season). Episodes: Autobot Spike, Changing Gears, City of Steel, Attack of the Autobots, Traitor, The Immobilizer, Autobot Run, Atlantis Arise!, Day of the Machines (a.k.a. "Machine Rebellion"), Enter the Nightbird (a.k.a. "Enter the Ninja"), A Prime Problem, The Core, Insecticon Syndrome, Dinobot Island #1, Dinobot Island #2, Master Builders, Auto Berserk, Microbots, Megatron's Master Plan #1, Megatron's Master Plan #2, Desertion of the Dinobots #1, Desertion of the Dinobots #2, Blaster Blues, A Decepticon Raider in King Arthur's Court.
Notes: The episodes are presented on these discs in Production Order, not in airdate order. The DVD release of "Transformers: Season 2, Part 2" - featuring the other 25 episodes from the second season (right up until the events of "Transformers: The Movie") - is being planned as a separate release for Spring 2003.
Features:
• 2 limited edition cels of Transformer characters.
• A taste of Botcon 2002, including interviews with Transformers creators, voice talent (Neil Kaplan and Michael McConnohie) and footage from the convention.
• Animation mistakes with commentary by Transformers advisor.
• Interview with Transformers scriptwriter Earl Kress.

Jerry Gracia

Supporting Actor
Just came back from my local BEST BUY and found none there. :frowning:
Time to head over to CIRCUIT CITY...

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Got mine!!!! :D :emoji_thumbsup:
CC had about 10 or so copies. Cool deal.
As for BB not having them: they are advertising in BB's weekly circular!!! Pg 7, center of the bottom. BB is supposed to have stock on all of that stuff.
It's probably either in the back, or in a place you don't expect. I would try these BB section, in order:
  • New Releases/Best Sellers
    Anime'
    Family
    Box Sets (or Collector Sets)
    TV DVDs
    Science Fiction
Gotta be in one of those...

Tim Hess

Second Unit
They had season one and two at the local BB, but I couldn't justify it on top of buying Ice Age, MIB/MIIB AND clash of the titans :)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I stopped in at BB on the way home to check the price of a gift I'm contemplating, and while in there checked where Transformers S2, Pt 1 was. It was in Anime', just like I thought. A whole shelf of it!

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
JUst got mine at CC,
just a warning for future CC buyers.
Even though the DVD says $49.99, it rings up $39.99
Great set, going to break it open tonight, with the first episode- Autobot Spike:)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
JohnS! I said CC had it for $39.99 both in post #4 of this thread, AND in my Weekly Roundup!!! :p)
But I'm jealous you're cracking it open tonight. The missus has decreed this will be a Christmas gift for the boy... :frowning:
(I think she forgets that if it wasn't for me, he wouldn't have discovered the show! Oh, well...I can wait. I suppose.)

Joe6pack99

Second Unit
Real Name
Jarett
Well got mine there were 5 shoved in the anime section all dent up kinda pissed me off. I picked the best one available and ran home. Watched a few shows so I am happy. Now what I want to knwo is how long we are going to have to wait to Season 2 box set 2 comes out. I sure hope not long.

Tim_Speicher

Stunt Coordinator
Preorderd this on Amazon on Sept. 13th. Ended up scoring it for $25.71 after STL, coupon, and $5 GC. ;) Looks like it may have shipped on Monday... Hopefully, I get it by Friday :D

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
picked up mine for $34.99 at Costco
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Why don't you head over to the Weekly Roundup thread and post that info? Use the link in my sig to get to the Coupons & Bargains area, and then look for the one with 11/26 in the subject.
Good price! :emoji_thumbsup:

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Just watched episode: Autobot Spike
never seen it before..whole lot of fun.
they also add an animated version of Frankenstein that lasts a few seconds..pretty funny.
Menus have changed, I like it..not too bad.
Going to try and crack another couple episdoes tonight.
I really like it now, since we now have about 40 episdoes to watch.
I plan on doing a huge Transformers marathon one day.
But afarid it might take longer than a day:)
I was thinking about taking those animated cells(we now have 4) and framing each one seperatly, but framing it in a light case.
You might have seen those animated light frames at the Diseny store or WB store.
What do you think??

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Just curious, does every box have the same two cels or do they put different ones in each box? My S1 cels are Starscream with Skywarp, and Rumble (or Frenzy) and my S2:V1 cels are Megatron and Ravage.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks