What's new

Transformers Box Set Season 2 Part 1 (1 Viewer)

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Rhino screwed up the audio again! :angry: They added in extra sound effects that aren't supposed to be there!
I've only seen part of one episode out of the set so far ("Changing Gears"), but there were definitely extra sound effects (that are not supposed to be there) added to BOTH the 5.1 and 2.0 audio tracks.
For example, during the "bumpers" (where the narrator says "We now return..."), you are only supposed to hear the narrator's voice and the background music. All of the other noises (tires squealing, etc.) were added by Rhino for some reason.
Okay, enough ranting. I just wanted everyone to know that the sound on this set has been modified from the original version.

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
I will probably pick this up later. Since I didn't care for the extra features from the first set, I going to buy in sets so it will not eat up my money in a heart beat.

StevenJ

Stunt Coordinator
picked it up all ready. The people were really rude! At Circuit city in Nashville, TN! Down the street off of Old Hickory Rd. I do believe. DON'T GO THERE!

Received this in the mail today from Amazon.Ca. 2nd Day Shipping for no cost - pretty good deal.

So far, I'm happy enough with it. It's a blast from the past (one I may or may not watch more then once, but it's a nice distraction for a 1/2 hour or so).

The new menus are great - huge improvement over the badly animated ones from Season 1. Extras don't appear to be anything special, but that's no surprise. Production values appear to be markedly higher with this set then the previous one. Bring on Part 2.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Finished Disc 1
God these are great.
makes me want TMNT, He-man and G.I. Joe on DVD:)
the episode Autobot Run- I like it how Chip(the boy in the wheelchair) is standing on a rocky hill.
and after he catches the granade device to fix the autobots
he rides in his wheelchair down the rocky hill as if it were a smooth street.:)
also,
if I remeber right, one of the first episodes, maybe it was Changing Gears(great episode by the way) the Autobots had to make it to Africa within 2 hours and they did by car mode.
HOW THE HELL DOES THIS HAPPEN?:)
Still, great episodes...love them
I would like to hear others take on each or select episodes.

elMalloc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reuben
I hope TMNT or Super Mario Brothers get pushed to DVD. I know Super Mario has a few episodes, I want them all.

TMNT is getting released as a new cartoon, movie and game soon. Maybe that will push their older cartoons!

I don't like how the season 2 is "part 1" at all. I'd rather pay $100 to get all of Season 2.

-ELmO

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
elM,

I don't think Rhino was ready to release the FULL Season 2 set.
I think Rhino wanted "something" out by x-mas.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks