What's new

Toshiba DVD - DST problem (1 Viewer)

Mike_Gr

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Toshiba SD 2800. I bought a new DVD this evening (The Ring) and in the setup menu I selected DTS. When the movie began to play their is no sound. I am assuming that the player is not reading the DTS track correctly?

I have read on audioreview.com that many people experience alot of problems with their Toshibas. Am I experiencing the same thing or is there something I have not setup correctly?

I love the sound and picture quality of this player...but it seems to have quirks reading DVDs at times. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Have you played other DTS tracks successfully? If this is the first one you've tried, go into the player's setup menu and enable DTS output. Most players ship with this option turned off.

M.

Mike_Gr

Stunt Coordinator
I just tried the setup menu......the only thing in setup that appears to be related is the Audio Out Select. The choices are bitstream, analog 2ch, and PCM. I have it set to bitstream.

Mike_Gr

Stunt Coordinator
When I use the Audio button while the DVD is playing, it gives me a few choices including DTS. When I select DTS a caption appears on the screen that states 'requires DTS decoder'. However, the DTS insignia is right on the DVD player. I am new to home theatre...so I guess you can say I am confused.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks