What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Picking up 3D bargoons. I just watched “Peabody and Sherman”. I saw it theatrically when it first came out because the original cartoons were a childhood favourite and I always wanted to get the 3D Blu rays. It has excellent 3D with a number of great pop outs.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Amazon.de is running a B3G2F (5 for the price of 3) sale and several hundred 3D discs are included -- many Region Free, many B-locked so you have to do your homework if you aren't region free. A lot of items that will end up $6-8 after discounts. Even many newer items like Spider-verse, Venom, Mortal Engines are included as well as some items from the OP -- TS SPIVET (B-locked), Pan (Region Free),

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Amazon.de is running a B3G2F (5 for the price of 3) sale and several hundred 3D discs are included -- many Region Free, many B-locked so you have to do your homework if you aren't region free. A lot of items that will end up $6-8 after discounts. Even many newer items like Spider-verse, Venom, Mortal Engines are included as well as some items from the OP -- TS SPIVET (B-locked), Pan (Region Free),
I did not see this deal mentioned. Got a link?

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Hold it! Some of these aren't listing english on the amazon listing.

that's a little scary. i only know German food names and know less german than spanish foods. less spanish than chinese.

worried. :eek:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Some of them don't have English -- some of the German and Chinese originated titles especially.
THe US or major studio films distributed by those same studios will 100% have english audio tracks. Actually, virtually all films initially done in English will have that audio track

Check the Bluray.com database (change the flag to German) for a far more accurate listing of language and subtitle options
Too many titles to go through one by one though if you have a list folks can help filitering.
Like the Region Coding you have to check the titles.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Some of them don't have English -- some of the German and Chinese originated titles especially.
THe US or major studio films distributed by those same studios will 100% have english audio tracks. Actually, virtually all films initially done in English will have that audio track

Check the Bluray.com database (change the flag to German) for a far more accurate listing of language and subtitle options
Too many titles to go through one by one though if you have a list folks can help filitering.
Like the Region Coding you have to check the titles.
Some have lists that show english is included. Some don't have it like Fantastic Beasts 3D. Someone in comments said no english. wait...they could be talking about the prime video version...

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Some have lists that show english is included. Some don't have it like Fantastic Beasts 3D. Someone in comments said no english. wait...they could be talking about the prime video version...

Fantastic Beasts 1 and 2 definitely do. I think a lot of people with Aquaman Amazon only listed Turkish which of course was ridiculous.

Bluray.com is certainly far, far more reliable than Amazon's own listing.
DVD Profiler can sometimes help even just giving a look at the rear cover

I have yet to run across an English 1st film that didn't have an English Audio stream, but I'm sure there much be one somewhere, but I'll bet it's going to be a small studio 4th party distributor and not the Big Studios.

I do know some French, Dutch and German originated films that don;t have English (Bigfoot Jr, The Little Prince, a couple films with title name Wickie). A lot of the Asian films don't have English -- Captain Harlock, Detective Dee, The Mermaid, etc

As I said if you have specific titles, I've looked a bunch already and have time to do the research. Audio Tracks are easier than region codes on a lot of these. A few of these can also have just a 3D disc though not too many of them.

These I looked up earlier
Aquaman 3D -- English, Region Free
Fantastic Beasts 1 and FB 2 -- English, Region Free
Mortal Engines 3D English
Venom 3D [English audio/subtitles Region Free
Battle For Terra 3D -- English
Pan 3D English
Beowulf 3D [English audio/subtitles
Seventh Son 3D [English audio/subtitles
Warrior's Gate, The 3D [English audio
Last Unicorn, The 3D [English audio
Ballerina (LEAP!) 3D [English audio
Die Karte Meiner Träume 3D [English audio] -- (T.S. Spivet)
SmurfsL the Lost Village 3D [English audio/subtitles Region Free
Alpha and Omega (3D) [English audio]
Nutcracker, The 3D [English audio
Das Fliegende Klavier 3D (The Flying Piano?) [English dubbed]
Legend of Oz 3D [English audio]
Ooops: Noah Is Gone 3D [English audio

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
lol!! I saw the Turkish one! I was all WHATAWHATAWHATA ZAT!! ?

good point, I'd definitely prefer a 2D/3D package just in case. Also, atmos. I'd rather pay more for 3D and atmos together.

I got Pan 3d from Finland. that one has 3D and atmos. awesome film, with the last part absolutely breathtaking. a real shame it didn't do better. same for Heart of the sea which I also got from Finland. Both steelbooks, region free.

Oh! just found this to add... slickdeals, wonderful site to register with. it lists the sale and what's region free! nice! Spider-verse has some thought comic bubbles in german only. bummer..

https://slickdeals.net/f/13084918-a...-wasp-blade-runner-2049-venom-64-shipped-more

Last edited:

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Here's the 3ds i got:

$64
Beowulf (region free too Dave!!)
Venom
Aquaman
Ready Player One
Spider-verse (I'll just have to learn a little German on those thought bubbles. Was zum Teufel!)

$51
Geostorm
Fantasic Beasts
Last Unicorn (region free tooo!! woo hoo!)
Tomb Raider
Justice League

Really wanted The meg 3d badly. That and Ready Player one are my top 2 must gets.

$115 for 10 3dS!!!!

Last edited:

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Huge fan of this animated gem. I have to make work of getting this. I hope the 3D is decent!
maybe it's somehting like beauty and the beast. I thought that was neat what they did with it in 3d.

The meg and Lego Ninjago 3d. come to just under $40. so so deal, thinking of getting it and being done with this wave of 3d buying. need the meg before mid june. plan a nice vacation and meg would be awesome to watch in 3D during that. i've never seen it.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Here's the 3ds i got:

Spider-verse (I'll just have to learn a little German on those thought bubbles. Was zum Teufel!)

A lot less than you'd think from the amount of consternation it seems to be causing though I do think it's more significant than the UK Edited Aquaman kerfuffle. Most of them are concentrated in a 5 minute block

The bolded one's below weren't narrated aloud (3 instances during the film, 2 in the credits). Even those aren't all that important. x=spoken aloud
Starting the morning he woke up after being bitten.
14:09 That's weird x My pants shrank x
14:18 I should have kept that to myself (NOT SPOKEN, Heard, or in subtitles)
14:23 I gotta get new pants x Wait x Why is the voice in my head so loud x
16:25 Everyone knows x
16:48 Play dumb x Not that dumb x
17:31 Stop sticking x
17:37 Keep sticking Miles x
18:37 No, no, no, no x It's, it's not possible x It's just puberty x It was a normal spider x I'm a normal kid x
18:52 Later that night (On Screen Info not spoken) Miles Searches for answers (On Screen Info not spoken )
23:36 I should go up there and help him x Who am I kidding. I should not do that x
39:33 What the x
46:50 What am I doing….. x
58:52 Somewhere In Queens On Screen Info not spoken)
1:11:04 Well look at these little spiders (Translated from Spanish) x
1:12:07 No No No No x
1:48:32 (not spoken, no subtitles) “That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed, without a doubt, a real superhero" Stan Lee
1:55:29 Meanwhile in Nueva York (On Screen Info not spoken)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sitcomguy
Recent bookmarks