What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!
Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
A fascinating movie where the owls are so life like. Great story line, plenty of depth and the occasional pop-out. Beautiful colors and the DTS MA 5.1 was very enjoyable not having to turn up the sound. :thumbsup::thumbsup: :3dglasses:

Oh, almost forgot, the WB cartoon (FUR OF FLYING w/Wile G.) in the extras is excellent and in 3D to boot!!!

51hnC1ALH3L.jpg

For my second feature I decided I needed a dose of Bela, as in the RAVEN from the BELA LUGOSI FRANCHISE COLLECTION. You know, the print they used was in beautiful condition. So, it was quite enjoyable to view.

A perfect viewing day with drab outside weather.

Last edited:

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
A fascinating movie where the owls are so life like. Great story line, plenty of depth and the occasional pop-out. Beautiful colors and the DTS MA 5.1 was very enjoyable not having to turn up the sound. :thumbsup::thumbsup: :3dglasses:

Oh, almost forgot, the WB cartoon (Wiley G.) in the extras is excellent and in 3D to boot!!!

51hnC1ALH3L.jpg

For my second feature I decided I needed a dose of Bela, as in the RAVEN from the BELA LUGOSI FRANCHISE COLLECTION. You know, the print they used was in beautiful condition. So, it was quite enjoyable to view.

Exceptional 3D and overall movie experience with this Title John.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member

Oh, almost forgot, the WB cartoon (FUR OF FLYING w/Wile G.) in the extras is excellent and in 3D to boot!!!

51hnC1ALH3L.jpg

I took my young son to see this in the theater when it was released and really enjoyed it.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I'm currently waiting on my French UHD/3D Blu-ray combo of Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse. If you didn't get to see Into the Spiderverse in 3D in the theater, it should be well worth obtaining the 3D disc. It's one of the rare modern films where I felt that a lot of care was put into the 3D imaging, resulting in an effect that really enhances the film. My only caveat is that, because of the art style of the film which mimicked the look of the old 4-color comics, there are a few instances where I initially thought that something was wrong with the projector because of a noticeable blurriness in the backgrounds of some shots, when it was, in reality, imitating the color bleed that you would occasionally see in comics until they moved away from 4-color in the late-80's/early 90's. It isn't constant and, if you know what they were trying to accomplish with the graphic design of the film, it makes sense. It just threw me when I saw it for the first time. Our local Regal cineplex projectors are older and obviously lack routine maintenance or a real projectionist to care about the presentation, so it wouldn't have surprised me if there had actually been something wrong in the booth.

The film, with all of its differing art styles and "cosmic" nature really exploits the possibilities of 3D, especially during the climax of the film. The use of the 3D plane on the film's occasional word bubbles and comic-book-style framing also provides visual interest that enhances the experience over the flat version. Even flat, the film is one of the best comic book films ever made. It has wit, fantastic action, and genuine heart and takes advantage of the ability of an animated film to deliver a type of visual experience that isn't possible with live-action films. It was probably my favorite film of 2018. I can't wait to give it a (web) spin when it arrives.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
1st reports of the French disc indicate they have French language Text Bubbles on both the 2D and 3D discs. I haven't read anything about many of the 4K disc. So another one to avoid if that bothers you.

So far -- please chime in if you see an error or have an addition.
German disc -- german text on 2d and 3D discs (English audio tracks unaffected of course)
French -- french text on 2D and 3D
Spanish -- if I understand has Spanish text on the 2D and English on the 3D
Dutch/Benelux -- English on all 3 disc
Nordic discs -- english on 2D and 3D discs
Aus/NZ -- English of course
Italian -- English on all 3 discs
India -- English all discs
Mexico -- English on 3D, Spanish on 2D

Czech -- I think English on all discs
Korean unreported
Hong Kong unreported
Japan -- August release

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
1st reports of the French disc indicate they have French language Text Bubbles on both the 2D and 3D discs. I haven't read anything about many of the 4K disc. So another one to avoid if that bothers you.

So far -- please chime in if you see an error or have an addition.
German disc -- german text on 2d and 3D discs (English audio tracks unaffected of course)
French -- french text on 2D and 3D
Spanish -- if I understand has Spanish text on the 2D and English on the 3D
Dutch/Benelux -- English on all 3 disc
Nordic discs -- english on 2D and 3D discs
Aus/NZ -- English of course
Italian -- English on all 3 discs
India -- English all discs
Mexico -- English on 3D, Spanish on 2D

Czech -- I think English on all discs
Korean unreported
Hong Kong unreported
Japan -- August release
Oh, man. I should have thought about that. Dang it. Oh, well. The text bubbles aren't that pervasive, so I guess I'll live with them.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I really enjoyed the story line in this one. Good depth and a few pop outs with out of the screen into the black borders a few times. Audio was pretty good too. :thumbsup: :3dglasses:

71DVpal4b9L._SX425_.jpg

Also, skipped through SPIDERMAN, it was different. I can see why some thought the 3D was out of sorts. The audio was awesome. I can't wait to watch it completely.

815nhLCAGCL._SX466_.jpg

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
I really enjoyed the story line in this one. Good depth and a few pop outs with out of the screen into the black borders a few times. Audio was pretty good too. :thumbsup: :3dglasses:

71DVpal4b9L._SX425_.jpg

Also, skipped through SPIDERMAN, it was different. I can see why some thought the 3D was out of sorts. The audio was awesome. I can't wait to watch it completely.

815nhLCAGCL._SX466_.jpg
Love Boss Baby, another dreamworks title. I’m beginning to think I’m going to struggle with Spider-Man, I hope I’m wrong as it looks as if customs will relieve me of £12 when it’s delivered from AUS.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoneman66
Recent bookmarks