What's new

To much Red in black backgrounds? (1 Viewer)

Chris.Gray

Auditioning
HI, I am new to the board and need a little help. I have a mitsu WT-46809 Widescreen TV. I recently had HD cable installed. I am noticing a lot of red in black backgrounds. My side bars when viewing 4:3 signals have a lot of red in them. I was thinking it was the "red push" problem, but when I disconnect the red cable the red is still there in the black. It does go away when I un-plug the green cable. I tried a 3db att. on the green cable and it will not syc. I tried a 1db att. and I didn't notice a difference. I am out of ideas and would like some help. Anyone have any clue what is going on with my TV. I have switch cable boxes and with the same results. Also I am only getting this kind of picture on this input. All others are nice and black.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
This does not sound like a red push problem. "Red Push" only occurs in colored portions of the video. It is a function of the color decoder, therefore any red in what should be gray/white/black is NOT red push. It may be messed up grayscale, messed up cutoffs, and I don't see how you disconnected the "red" cable as it is component, not RGB.

But I'm sorry that I don't know what the problem is, but I'm pretty confident that it is not red push in this case, though your set may very well suffer from red push as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks