What's new

TMNT Fan. . . girl? (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
I'll admit she does go a bit overboard with the collecting. She needs to spend money on stuff like savings, especially now that she can't work due to the electrical accident at the job(Companies fault).

But she's not THAT nutty. Keep in mind that they spent TWO DAYS filming at that location, and they only used ,what, 7 minutes of footage? Naturally, they are going to use the 'best TV based footage' to make it interesting or make them appear nuttier.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Very nice lady, but not my type. I prefer someone who has priorities a bit more straight and based in real life :).

A Mortgage for a house payment comes first over buying a ninja turtle costume :).

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
What I'm worried about, is that as far as I know, she has NO money saved up for herself. If something happens to her parents, she won't have anything near enough to keep the house, and if family won't take her in, she'll be stuck on the streets.

Back in the day, I thought I was the worlds biggest star wars and turtles fan. This was in the 90's. Now I realise how wrong that thought was, and it doesn't bother me one bit. If anything, I'm glad I don't go over the top like these folks.

I have my modest 100 or so DVD collection, one arcade machine with a few boards in it, and a minor collection of about 100 books, and that's it :). I just recently threw out all my star wars books, because they didn't get re-read, and so many are printed, they are not valuable, so why keep 'em? :)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I'm willing to bet that the other 1,433 minutes are just as scary. ;)

She turned a hobby/fascination into a lifestyle and that's the line you cross from being just a "Big Fan" to being an all out "Nut Job".

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I'm gonna guess she's never had another person in bed. Turtle, maybe. Person, I don't think so. ;)

Bingo.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Yep...which is why I'm trying to help her out here a bit. She obviously doesn't go so extreme that she wears the turtle heads out in public, or beats down the door of the franchises creator with a hatchet when something goes wrong with the franchise....

Just goes to the same type of extreme, that any fan of any other franchise like Trek, or Wars would do. Although the bank loan is over the top :).

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
On another board I go to, there was some debate as to whether she was real, the main argument being that she and her brother seemed too comfortable on camera to be non-actors. Now that I know she's for real... Wow.

She doesn't really live on just pizza, does she??

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Neil, I didn't realize you knew her (or of her). I don't think anyone is saying she isn't nice. And when I say nut job, I'm not talking psycho killer :) I'm referring to someone who has their priorities (as you even said) out of whack.

No offense if you think we're ganging up on her without knowing the full story.;) I think some of those guys are nut jobs as well. They've also crossed that line between hobby and lifestyle.

For example:
Learning Klingon = Hardcore fan
Learning Klingon and then speaking ONLY Klingon in your everyday life = Nut job.

Dressing up as Darth Vader for Halloween = Hardcore fan
Dressing up as Darth Vader for a job interview = Nut Job

Oooo! This sounds like the making of a new thread. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks