What's new

Blue Bloods & Finnerty's Single Malt Scotch (1 Viewer)

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
I'm a fan of the TV show 'Blue Bloods'. I've watched every episode at least twice, some of them 3-4 times. A friend who is an even bigger fan of the show is also strongly interested in the props used on the show. Such as the fictitious "Finnerty's" brand of Single Malt Scotch that is regularly consumed by the characters. Finnerty's is a creation of the studio's prop department and my friend couldn't resist making a replica of the fake bottle of Scotch. He's done replicas of both the Finnerty's 12-year bottle (early episodes) and the Finnerty's 18-year bottle. Last week, he gifted me a 12-year bottle. This is his creation:

i-RJTGnjg-X3.jpg

For reference, this is a photo of the studio prop:

i-WVZnVxF.jpg

I feel my friend did a terrific job with his replica and I'm quite pleased to have a bottle to call my own!

Mark

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I'm a fan of the TV show 'Blue Bloods'. I've watched every episode at least twice, some of them 3-4 times. A friend who is an even bigger fan of the show is also strongly interested in the props used on the show. Such as the fictitious "Finnerty's" brand of Single Malt Scotch that is regularly consumed by the characters. Finnerty's is a creation of the studio's prop department and my friend couldn't resist making a replica of the fake bottle of Scotch. He's done replicas of both the Finnerty's 12-year bottle (early episodes) and the Finnerty's 18-year bottle. Last week, he gifted me a 12-year bottle. This is his creation:

i-RJTGnjg-X3.jpg

For reference, this is a photo of the studio prop:

i-WVZnVxF.jpg

I feel my friend did a terrific job with his replica and I'm quite pleased to have a bottle to call my own!

Mark
So is filled with a decent Islay Single Malt like a Lagavulin?

1696545477863.png

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
So is filled with a decent Islay Single Malt like a Lagavulin?

View attachment 199949

The gift was the bottle, which was empty. I have some Kirkland 22 year Single Malt here (which is quite tasty) but it's less than half a bottle. I also have some Glenlevit 12 but it's too light in color. So, for now (and for a better photo op), I filled the Finnerty's bottle with Kirkland 12 year blended Scotch. Not as tasty as the 22 year Single Malt but about as tasty as the Glenlevit 12. And it's darker.

The Kirkland 12 blended is also much cheaper than the Single Malts. A 1.75 liter bottle is $38. Perfect for sharing with friends while I show off the Finnerty's bottle! I can pour with more gusto! :)

Mark

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Your friend did excellent work! I don’t know this show particularly well but with those kinds of skills he could easily pick up a side gig doing replica bottles from other shows too.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
The gift was the bottle, which was empty. I have some Kirkland 22 year Single Malt here (which is quite tasty) but it's less than half a bottle. I also have some Glenlevit 12 but it's too light in color. So, for now (and for a better photo op), I filled the Finnerty's bottle with Kirkland 12 year blended Scotch. Not as tasty as the 22 year Single Malt but about as tasty as the Glenlevit 12. And it's darker.

The Kirkland 12 blended is also much cheaper than the Single Malts. A 1.75 liter bottle is $38. Perfect for sharing with friends while I show off the Finnerty's bottle! I can pour with more gusto! :)

Mark
Love the package, he did a great job!! You seem to be more of a highland scotch drinker? The Islay brands have more smoke and a sweet briney (sea) touch, and I fell in love with those of Islay and the Island single malts...everyones different, Good on ya!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks